Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ianharper

Re: twin vac or triple ?
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 05:47:43 am »
mike

many new start up will damage carpet by not know the science behind releasing dirt. they just keep going over and over dirty areas thinking that the dirt will come out. its has nothing to do with type of equipment used. if we want to move carpet cleaning on in the public's eye then we have to get over this TM porty thing, good advise will prevent customers having carpets and all our reputations damaged.

if someone new ask a question about power its wrong to add to any misguided view that vac power alone will "clean"

respect

Ian

Joe H

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 06:32:57 am »
Doug
Why was'nt you using your truck mount.?????

Mike Halliday

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 06:38:46 am »
Ian you are right that correct preparation of of releasing the Dirt from the fibres before then can be removed is of paramount importance,  but like i said they soil still needs sucking out of the carpet and this is were you need powerful vacs.

My earlier reply was in response to your post which seems to suggest that with correct procedure you can get  away with less powerful vacuum power. but if doing  HWE then I don't think this is correct unless you add another element to the recovery process like post-bonneting.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

ianharper

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 10:49:41 am »
what's in interesting is distance. vac power is expressed in water lift, which is what your on about. but what is also interesting is say the most effective water lift say at 50 feet. this would give a gauge of to much vac power and not the right amount. this would be very useful for new people that have a budget and say only want to clean houses.

To much water lift is just as bad as not having the right amount but for different reasons.

respect

Ian

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 10:58:56 am »
Thats all to complicated for me.

I can not see how having too much water lift once it has been put in carpet is a bad thing.

However when I was using low powered machines I used to say the danger with truck mounted machines is they are designed to clean baseball arena s and the powerful suck could pull fibres out of your carpets ;D ;D ;D

They are far too powerful for domestic carpets and the machine I use is the correct power for domestic carpets.

ianharper

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2010, 11:15:36 am »
Ian

have you never seen a carpet rippled by heat or vac power before?

james roffey

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2010, 12:54:08 pm »
I agree you can do a good job with a twin vac but these debates always end up going the same way no mater how many times it is said the main reason 3 vacs is better is,
 "ease of doing the job" because you can work with a longer hose run
 you can say it till your blue in the face  :P the point never seems to get across and all the twin porty guys think you are having a dig ::)
Triple vac, 2 inch hose can run over 100ft of hose easy no one system is going to be perfect but i had a twin vac Ninja a good machine but i know which recovers more water from the carpet and is quicker because of less dry passes and higher psi ,the jobs not much better but is a lot easier and increases my hourly rate because of this :)

Colin Day

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 10:41:03 pm »
I use this pie formula

G

A

T

Get A Truckmount

If you can't afford one just yet fine, just get a bog standard Ninja, work hard and then GAT. You get all the above 10x without arsing about trying to make something into something it isn't.

I was talking to a fella in Falmouth last week... He had a few TM set ups and decided to sell the lot and "Invest" in porty's! (His words, not mine!)

He has a large business of nearly 20 years and a few operators..... and, a few choice words about TM's... Which is making me ponder if I really need to go down this route.... ???

I wonder... Are you an expert with nearly 20 years experiece.... ??? ??? ??? :P

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 12:35:37 am »
I use this pie formula

G

A

T

Get A Truckmount

If you can't afford one just yet fine, just get a bog standard Ninja, work hard and then GAT. You get all the above 10x without arsing about trying to make something into something it isn't.

The more i think about it the more i think a tm is just a marketing thing.

Joe H

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 07:20:46 am »
As the past owner of 2 truckmounts, including the highly rated Prowler, and the current owner of still,IMO, the best 3 vac portable available in the UK........................

there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that a truckmount outperforms even the best portable.

However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a portable providing the operator is willing to work harder the less the specification of the portable to get satisfactory results.

Only yesterday I got a call from a carpet cleaner on here and he asked am I missing the Prowler.
My answer was No, but perhaps just a little at times.
But then again I have not finished refining the Scorpion being van mounted, and when that happens maybe the "just a little" will disappear as well.

ianharper

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 08:31:11 am »
Joe

have you got a heater in the Scorpion. don't they come without?

Respect

IaN

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 08:34:59 am »
I use this pie formula

G

A

T

Get A Truckmount

I was talking to a fella in Falmouth last week... He had a few TM set ups and decided to sell the lot and "Invest" in porty's! (His words, not mine!)

He has a large business of nearly 20 years and a few operators..... and, a few choice words about TM's... Which is making me ponder if I really need to go down this route.... ???

I wonder... Are you an expert with nearly 20 years experiece.... ??? ??? ??? :P

Al very well but what are his reasons for switching back to portables

Doug has Years of experience and switched to truckmounts.
Colin in your case with a triple Vac and being fit apart from heat filling up emptying etc I can see little point in switching until your current machine dies.

I could never understand why Joe switched from Scorpion which he had only just acquired.

However I think he is a wheeler dealer and buys and sells at right prices

Jim_77

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 12:22:35 pm »
The more i think about it the more i think a tm is just a marketing thing.

I guarantee if you borrowed my truckmount for a week you wouldn't want to give it back!! :)

Yes, it can be used as leverage to sell with, but it's not lies!!  I don't angle my marketing towards the machine, but use the machine's benefits to sell a job once I'm talking to potential customers.

As Lord Ashmore often says, the questions are

1) How much
2) How long to dry
3) How long will it take you

Used properly, the truckmount is superior in terms of drying and job time, which justifies the answer to question 1 :)

My own decision to get a truckmount is partly a lifestyle choice as well as anything else.  I suffer from fatigue now I'm getting old, so it's quite nice to do a day's work in 4 hours and come home, sit down with the dog under my feet and have a coffee.

mark shannon

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2010, 05:12:20 pm »
100% Agree Jim ;D

Used many Portys including Triple vacs over last 20 yrs.

Invested in TM 2 years back, and going back to Porty is like playing with a toy, there is no comparrison.

Sorry guys its true ::)

Mark

Doug Holloway

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2010, 05:27:58 pm »
Hi Guys

Two issues here.

Firstly in my view if you have a three vac it is barely portable but does have good power and can be van mounted or left outside on the majority of jobs. You will need a portable, i.e one you can take up stairs without ending up with a bad back!

Truckmounts are another few notches up. I would say mine is equivalent to say a 6 vac and the big ones probably a 10 vac.

Cheers

Doug