This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Time to catch up for the FED
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2010, 04:15:33 pm »
LOL, I know, but your own post is an example. That’s why I broke the cost down to a weekly amount.

A train of thought you might want to consider or a question you could ask the FWC is - what could the FWC achieve for window cleaners if there membership numbers increased ten fold?

When my salary is confirmed that will be my first question!!

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2010, 04:58:19 pm »
The FWC isn't included in this list of

Business Associations

Bryan

Will you supply refferal for my application form?

ian1972

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2010, 07:56:21 pm »
Well I am about to join the fed the pack came through this morning,if joining makes my business look more professional am up for spending £102 to get that and hopefully get my foot in the door of some bigger commercial work,

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2010, 10:06:36 pm »
The fed has always been a big part of my business, helped me go from £0 - £ not telling.

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2010, 10:16:12 pm »
i think it depends on where u want to take you business, some want loads of work and running loads of van, then joining the likes of FWC, Guild, Safe contractor etc, is probably a good idea,  but a lot on here are just OMB and are happy to make enough to live on, 

mci services

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2010, 10:38:12 pm »
took me ages to work out OMB ::)

if it's one man band with one employee is the abbreviation OMBWOE ;D

ian1972

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2010, 06:38:52 am »
At the end of the day we all start somewere,and i am all.for putting anything that makes the business look more appeling to the clients weather that b commercial or domestic to the test,time will tell at the end of the day it can't do any harm to join so can only do good surley?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2010, 08:00:04 am »
Ian 100% correct

Paul Coleman

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2010, 08:10:46 am »
The fed has always been a big part of my business, helped me go from £0 - £ not telling.

Go on Dave.
You know you want to  ;D

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2010, 09:31:22 am »
i will look into this fed thing....are they new? ;D

Just kidding....the fed is uk recognised for what is stands for and no one can argue against that, a lot of good work has been done and lots of improvements have been implemented by them in regards to safety and advice to professional window cleaners both large and small ( i am not small my self, nearly six foot me)

anyways, someone made the point of the guild being representative of the window cleaners who conduct most of their advertising/marketing and community processes (forums) online, well thats exactly the reason why the guild was formed, we decided at the start that all our advice/news/advertising etc etc would be conducted ONLINE as we have the perfect target audience, onliners......like us.

As Nat has already said we are not trying to be the FED or compete with the them, losing battle if we were to think that.........we are a business enhancement product/ an online club if you like (non profit of course)  and we all volunteer our time and energy quite happily to help take the guild forward ONLINE nationally as well as internationally (we have members from all over the globe)

Our aim is and has always been to allow ordinary window cleaners who are looking to enhance their online presence by being part of a community that is there to help with advice as to safety/professional approach to business etc etc, all for a reasonable fee to join, it is NOT there to legally represent window cleaners or to attend trade shows (currently) as we do not have the same standing as the fed in the UK as a legally established trade body, and to be frank (frank from the guild :D) thats not something we are turning our attention towards any time soon.

So in short (really scrimmy?) join the guild, go on you know you want to bryan. 8)

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2010, 09:55:07 am »
One of the issues with the FWC that could do with addressing is the procedure for new recruits. To have to have a refferal in writing from a current member or a long standing customer would put any newbie off. Another reason to have a 'FWC REGISTERED' for startups.

Would a current member be the refferal for me?

Alex Allen

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2010, 01:58:04 pm »
I'm not a member but feel a bit guilty because organisation like these help the image of window cleaners and I havnt contibuted
think i will look into joining next year

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2010, 11:39:27 am »
Sorry for not getting back but doing my home work for a colledge course
Doing teacher training

I will get back to this next week

Lots of good info to look at

Bryan
Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)
My opinons are my own and nothing to do with the federation of window cleaners

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2010, 08:13:41 pm »
One of the issues with the FWC that could do with addressing is the procedure for new recruits. To have to have a refferal in writing from a current member or a long standing customer would put any newbie off. Another reason to have a 'FWC REGISTERED' for startups.

Would a current member be the refferal for me?

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2010, 09:02:41 pm »
I WILL

Talk soon Stuart
Will you be chairman

Bryan
Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)
My opinons are my own and nothing to do with the federation of window cleaners

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2010, 09:05:48 pm »
The main reason I joined was to show my professionalism.

I truly believe by being a trade association member it has helped me progress enormously.

Here's a link to a why join
http://www.articlesbase.com/networking-articles/why-join-a-trade-association-1915568.html

petemg

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2010, 12:05:01 am »
hi ya :)i was a member of the FMWC in the early eightes paid my dues and got a certificate and a cloth badge and some van stickers, i was the only window cleaner in my area that belonged to the FMWC, the comments i got from other window cleaners we have been cleaning widows for 30 years and never needed that poope,jo public wont think any better of you your just a windy like us . i was proud i was a properly insured window cleaner , i still have my old certificate :) the FMWC is great for what it stands for but imho it need bringing up to date,............pete

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2010, 07:51:15 am »
I WILL

Talk soon Stuart
Will you be chairman

Bryan

I'll put your name down as refferee Bryan Thanks.