Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

md_cleaning

BT web site rip off
« on: November 01, 2010, 07:54:54 pm »
I got a standard web siTE with my phonebook advert and got what I was told www.harrogatecarpetcleaning.co.uk, then I got a call from BT saying they were doing an offer and I could get a all singing all dancing websight, that they would run and update, this one is www.carpetcleaningharrogate.co.uk apart from a better pictures and thats saying something, ehen I complained 4 months ago asking for a refund they said they'd look into it and still nothing, I pay £54 a month for that crap, am tempted to stop payment, when I ring they just fob me off saying they're investigating, any suggestions?
Dave

Paul Heath

Re: bt web sight rip off
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 09:37:35 pm »
Stop paying them, they will then chase you...    BT is a complete rip off

md_cleaning

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 10:07:47 pm »
Am sorry it's come to that Paul, but feel I've been left with no choice, wiil not be advertising with them next year at all after this, hope I've saved some others the same trouble, "DON'T USE BT"

markpowell

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 08:45:35 am »
Stop payment immediately and they will contact you within a couple weeks.
Then hopefully it will be in there interest to sort it out not yours
Mark

ianharper

Re: BT web site rip off
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 08:45:57 pm »
Dave

do you own the URL on the first site? if not dont spend any more time or money promoting it.

respect

Ian Harper

garry22

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 01:19:09 pm »
WHOIS says that Dave owns the URL so that should be OK.

Adam P

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 03:21:49 pm »
guess you got it sorted as the site has a holding page now? £50 per month is crazy for a template they must be making a fortune for doing bugger all with the sites. i wonder what else you get for the £50

md_cleaning

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 02:18:06 pm »
I've not got it sorted yet but they won't be hgetting any more money from me, after following everyones advice, thanks for that.
Dave

john aitken

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 06:14:47 pm »
I got a standard web siTE with my phonebook advert and got what I was told www.harrogatecarpetcleaning.co.uk, then I got a call from BT saying they were doing an offer and I could get a all singing all dancing websight, that they would run and update, this one is www.carpetcleaningharrogate.co.uk apart from a better pictures and thats saying something, ehen I complained 4 months ago asking for a refund they said they'd look into it and still nothing, I pay £54 a month for that crap, am tempted to stop payment, when I ring they just fob me off saying they're investigating, any suggestions?
Dave

hi they did the same to me [kept putting me off ]  so i asked my man at fsb  he said put  it in writing that you want a refund   i did and they rang me up i said it was  crap  and to stop it    this they did   mind you i think it had some thing to do with the fsb  best thing i ever did  good luck

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 09:08:51 am »
Did you not get to see it or a similar site before it went live?

I would want to know what I am buying

You can get some good sites for £600 design fee.

Alex Allen

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 01:22:43 pm »
dont ever trust BT