Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mileslake

Re: Ringing first
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 08:09:28 pm »
My latest thing is to say " nice my new pole and brush isn't it.. It cost £200 you know" and then tell them that I need to work all weather etc...

I had one OAP wanted her inside of porch done. I don't like trad now as I am modern but I said well that will be so much and she said well the previous old bloke used to charge £1, so I showed her my wagtail and told her this cost £30 and she actually said I don't know how he made a living.  I did it for free that day but I said
£5 in future or else get yourself a microfibre cloth. Didn't try to be arrogant about it but said politely.

Custys need to realise that a proper cleaner needs much more expensive gear than a scrim ragger.

clearlyclean

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 09:16:27 pm »
Ha there is guy that does some houses on my "patch"  :D and he uses a window cleaning kit that you get from the pound shop and wonders why he cant make ends meet rubber looked like it was new in the last centery ;D ;D

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 10:53:09 pm »
You could go down the street in your van and blowing your horn like the tat man does and shout any windows need cleaning and if no response no need to clean them. ;D ;D

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 08:31:44 pm »
right on mate purp purp  windowcleaning anyone want windowcleaning purp purp thats the way mate

Crystal-clear

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 01:17:56 am »
i would say 2 monthly we no longer call if gate is locked front gets cleaned.for 50% to what ever you feel is right maybe 60% ish.

My business has flourished since i stopped calling i only have like 10 left which ill change too,

i just started turning up they said oh why didnt you call i just said sorry, continued working got paid turned up next time out did the front left a slip got a cheque turned up next time they were in with a smile on there face saying oh ill get the gate and everyone is happy and these were horrible when i used to call saying oh not tomorrow oh no not this time, lol

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2010, 04:17:16 am »
You could go down the street in your van and blowing your horn like the tat man does and shout any windows need cleaning and if no response no need to clean them. ;D ;D

Or get a van with chimes like an ice cream van.  You could have that George Formby song playing.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2010, 03:33:39 pm »
A: Dump without hesitation.
Malc is right, you're too soft. Don't even bother to tell them, Just forget it.