This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

Ringing first
« on: October 30, 2010, 03:35:25 pm »
We try and avoid ringing customers first because it is a pain. We have a couple who insist on a call first but keep on saying not today, call back next week etc etc before eventually deciding to have them done.

Would you a ) dump or b) just do fronts and leave a note.

I'm not talking of customers who do it occasionally but wants who have done it at least 3/4 times.

Re: Ringing first
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 03:46:42 pm »
if a custy says not this time  then ok, if they do it 2 months in a row they get dumped

if a custy says not this time, then gets it done the next time then says not this month, i ask them do they want to go 2 monthly  and replace them with a monthly and keep them 2 monthly

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 04:06:29 pm »
Exactly as Blue Monkey says.  If they say 'not this time' more than once we offer them every two months, if they say it again when we call after two months we cancel them

Jackal

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 05:44:55 pm »
its up 2 you if you want put them bi monthly and maybe charge extra,if you do bi monthly that is offer that option

whats there reason each time?

iv had a few say it to me but the reasons are ok like some work being done on house or getting new windows fitted that say not this time but to be honest id ask why, if its a poor excuse i would just stop doing them cant be arsed with liars,not very professional i no but cant help how i feel about it

geefree

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 05:45:50 pm »
I had to ring my cloth out . ;D

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 05:50:38 pm »
Stupid excuses like it's not convenient for the other one - one is a 2 monther anyway so its gone - and she hates wfp (even though result was great).

The other one is monthly. First excuse was that she'd just had a baby and didn't want to be disturbed - possibly fair enough. 2nd excuse (bizarre) was that the dog was in season and she didn't want to fetch her out the garden !?!?!. We came back at her request but she 'forgot' to leave the gate open - unfortunately for her, the cleaner was in and opened it for us - think enough is enough - will get money out of her and she can find someone else ;D

Jackal

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 06:02:33 pm »
thing is some people are desperate for a w/cleaner then after a while get sick of paying when windows are still cleanish each month, not worth the hassle in my opinion if you think they dont really want a w/cleaner they normally dont,dump em!

Dave Anderson

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 06:06:33 pm »
Go out get 2 more customers, then replace...
The more I know the less I know I know ...

Klean07

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 06:20:22 pm »
I get that a lot when I text night before. They say "oh can you make it next week" then when next week comes they say the week after untill you eventually lose them for that month. (see my new post entitled "not today" the true costs"
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

john the cleaner

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 07:59:48 pm »
i have customers i ring if they say not this week i say ok be next month now then  that changes there minds  sometimes

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 10:07:55 pm »
You lot are soft.
It's a game of three halves!

bobplum

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 10:14:21 pm »
I get that a lot when I text night before. They say "oh can you make it next week" then when next week comes they say the week after untill you eventually lose them for that month. (see my new post entitled "not today" the true costs"
dont text you are only make trouble for your self
bob

bobby p

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 10:14:48 pm »
im about to update my George and after reading this thread im going to drop the ones that  i used to have to call the night before to get gate left open-cos they forget and cant be bothered to treat me humanely (forgetting to pay me often and accusing me of bending their gate too)

its a great time to drop these people -in the run up to xmas theyre gonna be absolutely desperate when i dont show

mikecam

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 10:28:44 pm »
We try and avoid ringing customers first because it is a pain. We have a couple who insist on a call first but keep on saying not today, call back next week etc etc before eventually deciding to have them done.

Would you a ) dump or b) just do fronts and leave a note.

I'm not talking of customers who do it occasionally but wants who have done it at least 3/4 times.
If you have customers who insist on a call beforehand i can't for the life of me see how b) just do fronts and leave note..........is an option. Maybe as usual i'm not understanding something.

suds window service

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 11:12:04 pm »
why not tell them you have an minimum rate of charge for any job which is the equivalent price of there clean.
in short charge them the full price for the fronts and sides i do it soon sorts the men out from the boys

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 08:14:55 am »
they are dumped and replaced. Any that consistently cause problems with access/payment etc can go. The time wasted costs money and I agree doing fronts only is pointless - the other half did that but I think stuff it and leave them. It's only a very few compared to the whole round so why bother with them. They will be on the phone when it gets to christmas and the family are going to see their nasty dirty windows ;D

Jackal

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 08:28:04 am »
thats the spirit ;D, if you got plenty of work stuff em! if they ring you before xmas set a stupid price and say its cuz its the busy time of the year plus you want a xmas tip aswell ;)

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 06:41:00 pm »
thats`wat`im gunna do mate let the sods wait and when they are screaming for a clean them dump em sick of being messed around cheers lads and lasses

mileslake

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 06:53:40 pm »
I only text for gate access etc and  when they say not tomorrow it is going to rain I text back ok see you next month or even better, see you in 8 weeks. 

It amuses me when it is raining the next month (I do try to pick a rainy day that week  to retext them) and they don't say anything but just accept that you have to clean in the rain.

If they do say no again,  I just don't contact them again.

Can't see why w c put up with messers unless it is a simple and very overpriced job.

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 07:12:10 pm »
will try that next time on a few as i see it is that you have to train your custie to accept you wont put up with there excuses ad a run in with one today she is well and truly dumped snotty cow se was