Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne zabel

Customer wnts to buy some UltraPac off me
« on: October 29, 2010, 06:17:25 pm »
Did a stairs and landing today and used Ultrapac Ren on carpet.

When carrying the sprayer from kitchen a few drops fell on her tiled hallway.Before I had chance to wipe it up she saw the dirt on her floor disappear when the UP contacted with it and asked me what I was using.

Shes now asked me if i could sell her a couple of litres so she can use it in her tiles.

Now my dilema is how much should I charge her for it.

We like our clients to think that the stuff we use is very dear and a lagre part of our costs,so should I sell it to her for about what 2 litres would cost me plus a bit for taking it to her ect or should I sell it at a premium price?

What worries me is if I did that she might then go on the net and look up the real price.

Mike Halliday

Re: Customer wnts to buy some UltraPac off me
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 06:28:54 pm »
make you self look like a nice guy and give it to her, just make sure it comes in the original container so it has the instruction  with it
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 06:40:31 pm »
Dont tell her the name, dont give her the original container! Just tell her how to use it ir give her a couple of litres pre-diluted. Write down a few lines of direcion on how to use it if you have too.

I'm not sure of the dilution rate for tiles...

I agree with Mike tho, give it to her for free. A couple of litres wont break the bank. Tell her the 5 litres costs you £50, but you buy it in bulk  and NOT avialble to the public! :)

Tony

Paul Heath

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 08:11:23 pm »
Don't forget if your giving away or selling chemicals you are obliged to supply the the COSHE report !!

Stu.Clem

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 10:43:28 pm »
For professional use only  ALWAYS!!!!! - why would you give away such an advantage!?!?!?  you could water it RIGHT down and sell or give one as self branded spotter  / business card that they wont throw away...  I always tell my custies that they cant even buy my products - professional use only.

Stu

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 11:15:56 pm »
Don't forget if your giving away or selling chemicals you are obliged to supply the the COSHE report !!

COSHE???? Do Tescos print off a COSHH data sheet when you buy Mr Muscle bathroom cleaner? no they dont.

If the customer asks for one then you are required to supply them with one, just as Tescos or any one else are. 

If your going to pass it on or sell it to a customer just keep it in the packaging it was initially sold to you in. This will give them all the information they require to use it.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 12:12:39 pm »
Wouldn't do it as Ultrapac leaves a sticky residue if not rinsed, IMO you a asking for trouble, give her something more customer firendly for FREE,

Shaun

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 12:40:40 pm »
Microsplitter

clinton

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 05:39:12 pm »
Same as shaun mate and if anything goes wrong it might end up on your doorstep,make money from your c cleaning not sell ons mate...

Jim_77

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 02:16:00 am »
Wayne, classic case of being led by the customer ::)

I'd have quoted her for cleaning the floor to be honest!!

wynne jones

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 09:56:02 pm »
Yep, PROFFESSIONAL USE ONLY is a nice get out and also there for a reason. What if she sprays it on something she shouldn't and it turns orange? That's right she will blame you.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 10:57:08 pm »
Yep, PROFFESSIONAL USE ONLY is a nice get out and also there for a reason. What if she sprays it on something she shouldn't and it turns orange? That's right she will blame you.

But she can do that with bleach that is sold everywhere  :)