Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Deep Cleaning Solutions

My first complaint(help please)
« on: October 28, 2010, 10:55:19 pm »
I was doing a lounge today and moved a setee,when i put it back i noticed 3 lines with black bits in them,and thought to myself that i can't remember them being there before,but was not sure.I thought they were just marks from the plastic castors so i tried to clean them with citrus gel with some improvement,but could not get all the black bits out because it was the type of carpet that the tufts would come out easy.I have received a text tonight which says................Hi i just noticed when you have pushed the setee back you have knocked the wheel off the settee and there are 3 slices on the carpet because of it and it is fraying everytime we touch it.It looks a right mess.

I did mention to her that i could not get out some castor marks out when i finished the job.I said i would ring her in the morning,where do i go from here.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

derek west

Re: My first complaint(help please)
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 11:11:44 pm »
yep, thats what you pay all that money for. insurance jobby.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 11:19:59 pm »
I not sure if i have treatment risk.I rang my insurer(simply business) a few months back when i first heard about treatment risk on this forum.The guy on the phone did not know what treatment risk was,so i asked him if i am insured for anything i am working on,he said of course you are that's what insurance was for,so i left it at that.
David.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 11:21:12 pm »
Dave it looks like the customer knows whats happened and there is no 'get out of jail card' on this one.

Other than your insurance company, your only other options i see are replacing the carpet yourself or getting a local carpet repairer to do a repair that could maybe be fairly invisible if done properly.

Check your insurance first before you speak to the customer, many of them will only pay out in respect of the age of the carpet and not 'better' the customer - ie, if its 10 years old they will work out the price for a similar carpet to buy new and then take off for 10 years depreciation, so dont naturally assume your insurance company will simply replace it with a new one as if you tell your customer that and it doesnt turn out that way you are again in a position that will very much upset them more!

paul wallace

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 11:26:49 pm »
Just a thought as I can't see it but the three rips, could they not be off a knee knocker (when fitted)  and have been highlighted when extracted ?
Just trying to do a Good-Honest job and make money!

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 11:31:55 pm »
OOOPPPS.....Just found this on my online insurance account.
CARPET AND UPHOLSTERY CLEANING EXCLUSION
The COMPANY will not be liable for any liability for physical loss of or
physical damage to material property being worked upon in connection with the
TRADE or BUSINESS

No i think it was me paul.They were deep lines not rips,but it sounds like they have made them worse from the text.
David.

paul wallace

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 11:36:55 pm »
Thats a nightmare Dave but I suppose the right thing to do is say your sorry and work out a solution that all parties are happy with.  :-\

Wish you luck and remember we learn from our mistakes and we all make them.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 11:43:51 pm »
Before you even go down the insurance route, go and see her and try to work it out.  She may be happy for you to refund the price of the clean in which case chalk it down to experience and move on. If she starts talking about insurance then obviously you'll have to ring them.
How the wheel come off? Must have been weak/loose anyway unless it was moved a little agressively.
I have a disclaimer on the bottom of my survey/quotation form that says any furniture damaged whilst moving unless causd by negligence is the repsonsibility of the customer.
Not sure how it stands up legally and never had the need to draw a customer's attention to it as yet but may be something to think about for the future.

Paul

Paul Simpson

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 11:45:26 pm »
TRADE or BUSINESS

No i think it was me paul.They were deep lines not rips,but it sounds like they have made them worse from the text.

Ah  :-\

You posted before I finished.

wynne jones

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 11:46:48 pm »
Cough up, move on. You won't do that again.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 11:48:35 pm »
No paul,i ment the other paul :)
David.

Matt Seymour

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 12:02:17 am »
TRADE or BUSINESS

I had exactly this exclusion on my original insurance. Fortunately, I noticed it when I got the paperwork through and told them to shove it and went elsewhere.

Linds Russell

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 07:43:12 am »
Sounds like everyone's worst nightmare.

Fingers crossed the customer is not a screamer and you can reach a resonable solution.
Linds

John Kelly

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 08:03:29 am »
Lesson learnt, never ever push heavy furniture across a wet carpet. As well as the problem highlighted here it can also stretch the carpet causing ripples which won't subside. Always lift and swing back into position.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 08:25:44 am »
"never ever push heavy furniture across a wet carpet"

The carpet was dry when i noticed it,i had not started yet,i was using the vac to clean behind the setee.
A lesson has been learnt.The anoying thing is,for first time ever i was thinking of cheating and cleaning around the setee as the carpet was not that bad any way,but could not bring myself to cut corners.
David.

derek west

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 09:26:01 am »
these are expensive but you get what you pay for. first thing i do is put these under furniture. without a shadow of doubt, the best furniture movers on the market, don't push to hard when carpet is wet as furniture will end up in next door. ;D

http://www.sliderz.co.uk/long_instructions.html

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 10:02:59 am »
Pheww...some good news.
I spoke to the customer and she was really nice,from the tone of her texts last night i was a bit worried.She said she paid £150.00 including fitting for the carpet,much less than i thought it would be.I asked her what outcome she would be happy with and the customer said she had seen a rug in asda for 30 odd quid,.....so i offered her £50.00 and she acepted.I did not sleep much last night,so this is a massive relief.
David.

paul wallace

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 10:46:03 am »
Fantastic result Dave, so you must not have lost on the job, just your time and the customer knows you are good as word  :)

Geoff Jewkes

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 11:02:21 am »
 ;)