This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DJCcleaning

RO van setup
« on: September 22, 2005, 11:09:49 pm »
I will soon be looking to upgrade my set-up from DI to RO/DI

Ive been reading as much a possible, trying to gain as much info on Reverse Osmosis systems as I can before taking the step.

The problem is that I keep reading about everyone producing their pure water over night in thier shed or garage as it takes several hours to make.

Is there a system that can be set up in my van and will produce pure water on site, straight from the water tank through the RO system and straight up the wfp??

Thanks in advance for any help ;)

Roy Harding

Re: RO van setup
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 11:15:53 pm »
Hi I have an R/O on the van and it takes 3 1/2 hours to make 200gal of pure water.

If you have a tank of 200gal of tap water and put it through an R/O, you will only get 100gal of pure water the rest would be waste water.

Roy

DJCcleaning

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 11:22:53 pm »
so would i be correct in saying that the idea is to use the system to fill the water tank,,, rather than filling the tank with tap water and then run the tapwater from the tank through the system?

Roy Harding

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 08:38:52 am »
Hi

Yes thats correct.

But as I said, " if you have a large R/O like mine it only takes three and a half hours to produce 200gal".

I beleve the merlin also will produce water very quick and is about a third of the price, but you dont get one to one ratio you get 1 part pure to 2 of waste. So to get 200gal of pure water you will use 600.

Of course the sytems fill at about 5ltrs a minute and a pump runs at about 3-5 ltrs a minute. So if you went to a contract and let it fill for say 10mins before you start, you may not run out. However this depends on the water presure at the contract and them having a out side tap and somewhere for the waste water to go.

Roy :)

DJCcleaning

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 10:03:47 pm »
Thanks for all your help Roy, the above is of great help!!

I have been thinking about buying the merlin membrane as it seems pretty afordable, but what housing would I need to buy for it?

Cheers
Dave ;)

Roy Harding

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 10:27:04 pm »
I think for the merlin you only require a D/I colum for resin.

These two links sell the merlin

http://www.andwat.co.uk/acatalog/Reverse_osmosis_units.html

http://ro-man.com/

Roy :)

DJCcleaning

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 10:38:17 pm »
Thanks again buddy  ;)