Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rosskesava

Off topic topic's
« on: September 22, 2005, 12:25:46 am »
I think I prefer the now long gone thing that topics had to be kept on topic.

The sponsors or who ever did not want a 'chat' page and now I understand why.

In spite of a place to post off topic or off on a tangent postings, quite a few posting frequently go into quirky in house clap trap of meaningless drivvle unless you are in the know.

For me, when I get to the one click one stop one icon rubbish, I read no further.

It seems that often a subject is interesting just to get hijacked with clicky slicky the place to be clicky tricky clicky.

That is my opinion.

:) ;D >:( and other such things.

Meooow

What!!!!!!!!!!!!

You like the barrell???????

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

nudge.

or anyone else?

See, I can do a whole page of posting gibberish in one single posting.

rosskesava

Re: Off topic topic's
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 12:34:17 am »
Hi pj

I'm being serious. This forum is in danger of loosing something valuable.

I'm all for a joke and for a laugh.

What is happening and as I wrote before somewhere, the Internet Forum Chav is taking over. The difference - the ability to spell and type.

Many postings wear Burberry just the same as those who wear it in the form of baseball caps.

Cheers

Philip Hanson

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 12:49:32 am »
I've noticed that too, and the only way to cure it is... a harder line with moderation.

But that's extraordinarily time consuming, and provokes its own complaints (ah the days when I used to get called Hitler)

I think moderators need to sometimes just delete irrelevant stuff, and then not enter into a debate about it.  Some people will go "oi you can't do that!!! Its my beloved post all about indonesian mear cats!!!  WHAT ABOUT FREEDOM OF SPEECH"

People like that just need to be ignored

I've seen threads locked on here, and then unlocked because the person has whinged.  I dont think thats right, the Mods judgement should stand, its not a democracy, its a forum, and there's a danger of anarchy breaking out.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 12:58:31 am »
you have to take into account it is 24 hr posting and we are all human and have got a sense of humour and sometimes we are all on the pop at differant times just put the drivvle on the place to chat and we can keep the other posts clean .if you wanted serious we would all be on the cleaning pro  s  site. have you been there tonight .  no more than ten replies on there tonight  .This is the place to be ,if you change it ,it would be too serious and too political at least on here we are all friendly and look on life the way it is supposed to be.If someone really needs help ,we help them and it usually gets resolved .

now have a heart mate ,and let me come and bear my soul to the world and let me help my fellow man without having to be too serious .

p.s where will graham and pj go ,and a few other loony`s ,

why are you here and not over on another site .co.uk?

answer -- because you love it .#

all the best

Dave

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 01:16:04 am »
Hi Dave

I understand what you are saying.

I think this forum will be sadly on it's way down soon.

What do new people to this forum think?

It's all for those who are in the know with each other? Then because they feel intimidated by all those clicky postings of the celebrated few as shown by how many postings they've made they feel.. what?

The posting above:-

I'm gonna ignore you

that says it better than anything I could write.

I agree in terms of moderating. I hate to say it but that truth is very aparent to me. Sorry to write that Mr Moderators and I would not like the job but that what it needs.

Cheers

Ian_Giles

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 05:51:36 am »
The amount of postings has increased recently, keeping track of them all isn't easy!

Personally I have now started to 'lock' topics that has started to drift off topic.

For my own yardstick I usually  allow a few replies, but last night I was beginning to go the way of Ross.
I haven't conferred with Tosh as yet (better if we both apply the same criteria to removing and blocking) but for those that read this-IF YOU ALLOW A THREAD TO DEGENERATE DAFT REPLIES WILL BE REMOVED WITHOUT EXPLANATION, EVENTUALLY LEADING TO THE THREAD BEING LOCKED.

One of the problems with removing replies is that when you get around to checking out a thread, removing a couple of replies is that can really interupt the flow of the thread, and can make the replies that followed the removed ones nonsensical, and it doesn't always mean that the thread has deteriorated to far from the topic :-\

Mmm. maybe it's time to post a 'locked and sticky' thread that will warn people about to expect if their replies are not kept relevent :-X
But of course we don't want to eliminate humourous replies alltogether!!

Really isn't as easy as it seems this moderating lark :'(

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 08:56:23 am »
This is rapidly turning into nothing more than a forum for windowcleaning

telboy

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 06:20:39 pm »
I'M WITH YOU ROSSKESAVA

TO MANY WELL MEANING POSTS GET GET HIJACKED BY THE SAME BUNCH OF thingyHEADS >:(

TELBOY ;)

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 06:30:20 pm »
I'M WITH YOU ROSSKESAVA

TO MANY WELL MEANING thingyHEADS GET HIJACKED BY THE SAME BUNCH OF POSTS >:(

TELBOY ;)

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 06:55:00 pm »
IF YOU ALLOW A THREAD TO DEGENERATE DAFT REPLIES WILL BE REMOVED WITHOUT EXPLANATION, EVENTUALLY LEADING TO THE THREAD BEING LOCKED.
Ian

I agree Ian.  It's not fair on the original poster who actually wants a serious reply to his question.

Keep the silly stuff for a place to chat!