This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

REVIVE-A-DRIVE

any way to improve tds
« on: September 21, 2005, 08:48:18 pm »
can i improve on my out put tds from the ro as it comes out at 28?
so i don't kill my resin so quick.

i  have an 200gpd from ro man,my input tds is 530.

rosskesava

Re: any way to improve tds
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 08:59:13 pm »
I'm curious as well as the tds from our RO comes out at 32.

The input tds varies between about 300 and 400. Last night it was 428. This morning it was 324 but the output, always 32.

Cheers

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 09:01:41 pm »
HI

if you buy a booster pump, this will produce an operating pressure of about 125psi through the system, which will drop your TD's rating in the final output.

Hope this helps

Andrew

matt

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 09:05:12 pm »
my 60 gall per day from ro man comes out at 7

my resin's life is allmost up as its now 6, time to replace it

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 09:19:14 pm »
How would adding another RO unit help in reducing the tds from the ro.

Also, we already use a 125psi pump.

I'm new to this.

Cheers

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 09:26:19 pm »
HI Rosskesava

What RO unit do you have? Make model and gpd

Andrew

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 09:47:53 pm »
Hi Graham

We have a 100gpd from ro man.

Do you mean put 2 units in series or parallel?

Cheers

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 12:47:44 am »
Hi

Um, can't they be added?

I'm confused as to what you mean. Can they be added? 'Can't they be added' means ....

Do you mean that putting 2 ro's one after the other will reduce tds?

If it does, then I'll buy another and do that.

Cheers

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 08:17:20 am »
Ross, Revive-a-drive,

had the same when we first got ro-man 300 gpd.  It came with a pump (Andrews suggestion) and even then it only has a water reading of 16 (out).
RO-Man said that was quite normal and unless I took my 3 stage system up to a 4 or 5 stage that will never change.

Apparently its the extra process that help but the first step is a pump (as per Andrew).

Once polished through DI its reading 000 so not too worried.

Regards
Sarill

Sarah

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 04:22:18 pm »
ANothe useful constructive posting Graham.

If you have a problem with people sharing their personal experiences to help others than what are you doing on the forum ?

If you have a personal problem with my postings then tell the mods to look at its content and discuss banning me !!!!

Since joining in July  I have only participated in threads I feel I can add to and if my wording or help has offended you then..........

You have had a few digs directed at me and despite the right to reply on some of your more un informative postings I have not.  What you do is up to you and feel airing this type of problem on this forum is most uncondusive to everyone.

Take a look at some of your recent pstings and see how much your 'expertise' has helped others here.

Enough said so lets just agree to keep out of each others posts eh !!

Sarill

Ps:  This type of scenario is what will eventually stop people posting replies to threads in fear of personal attack.  How long then, will it remain the 'place' to come for advice.  So come on Graham dont get so personal with people on here - you seem to be doing it quite often nowadays
Sarah

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 05:18:09 pm »
Hi Everyone

Yes Sarills suggestion of adding other parts to your RO unit is correct, I operate a 6 stage 200 gpd RO unit with a TDS of between 5 and 10.

It would not be practical to add another full RO system to bring the TD's down, as you will be wasting 50% of the water produced by the other system and I don’t think adding another RO membrane to your current unit will bring the TD's down either.

Try adding a small DI vessel onto your RO unit, this will reduce your TD's and then your final polish can be done of your main RO unit in your Van.

Hope this helps

Andrew

rosskesava

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 08:02:25 pm »
I feel a bit of a twitt.

Our system is a 3 stage RO (100gpd) with a resin cartridge.

I  think the first 2 stages remove chlorine and any solids in the tap water. The third one must be the RO filter... I think.

What extra stages could be added and what do they do?

Thanks.

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 08:05:21 pm »
Sarill, Graham, Gents, no flaming please.  It would be a shame to lock this thread.

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 08:17:51 pm »
The expert has spoken!

Graham, posts like this do not help; add value to a thread, or endear you to other posters.

Please refrain from making sarcastic comments.  There's just no need.

I'm asking you nicely.  Please.

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2005, 08:36:46 pm »
Tosh,

I'd like to apologise to everyone for replying with such vigor.

My comments remain in terms of the future of this forum if (and when) newbies feel afraid to either ask or reply to a post for fear of attack.

It has certainly made me think very carefully about posting to replies now  and I'n now shrinking violet when it comes to defending myself.

Long term members seem to be able to ignore this and dont get involved with this type of retaliation - I am gonna take a leaf out of their book in future.

HOPE I HAVE NOT GOT TOO MANY BLACK MARKS !!!!!   ;D

Regards Sarill

PS: Graham and I have resolved this particular issue on the place to chat thread and it is now over
Sarah

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 09:12:06 pm »
Hi Ross

You can add the following to your system, however, it may be more beneficial upgrading to the 6 stage 100gpd RO unit from Romans, this is £145.41

Additional Units

1)   1 X GAC (coconut carbon) filter
2)   1 x In line DI filter
3)   1 x In line Carbon filter

This should drop your TD’s reading right down.

Hope this info helps

Andrew

rosskesava

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 09:24:14 pm »
Hi 24-7 S C Services

Thanks for that.

When we've got a bit more used to using wfp I will be doing that.

At the moment we're using wfp on arkward windows, the second floor and conservatory roofs so a higher tds than zero isn't so important...... yet.

Even with a higher tds (after the resin of 15) I am very happy with the results. Especially on conservatory roofs which are now really quick to do and the results are stunning - there's no camparing blading it and wfp.

Cheers

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2005, 10:27:31 pm »
HI Ross

I love conservatory roofs and when you get results like this pics below (I hope they come up clear enough), you then know why you use a water fed pole.

Pic 1  before the clean

Pic 2 After the clean

Andrew

rosskesava

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2005, 11:01:25 pm »
When we done our first conservatory roof the bloke was as dubious as we were except we pretended it was all normal for us and hid our fears.

Afterwards, he was staggered and so were we.

All the green algae vannished and the thing was gleaming.

I think he realised because we were so surprised that  that was the first time we'd used wfp on a conservatory roof.

I used to hate them horrible shaped things but now I love them.

Cheers