Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brett walker

Lady window cleaners
« on: September 21, 2005, 06:07:57 pm »
Hi everyone

I know there are many husband and wife window cleaners around which is not unusal now days and a good idea if you can stand the wife all day  ;D 

one of my customers told me one of her friends has 2 ladies come to clean her windows in a van with one of those brush things, i said to her you mean a water fed pole .  I explained a bit about wfp not that i know a lot but told her times are changing now and you will see more of wfp's about, for safety reasons.

The whole point of my post is for years its been men window cleaning then husband and wife and now wfp is taking over traditional in years to come there could as many women window cleaners as there is men.  Not that ive got anything against this but has anyone else seen this kind of set-up ?

P.S.  I can send the wife out with while i stay home and watch Jerry Sringer and  This Morning!

Regards

Brett.

poles apart

Re: Lady window cleaners
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 06:37:25 pm »
My wife worked with me until last year (she got pregnant!) and the customers loved her, no jokes please!, little old ladies I'm talking about. She started on the ground floor but within a month was a regular on the 30' pole!(no-don't go there!).She even drove the van while I 'rested' between sites.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 06:43:20 pm »
My wife is working for me , while i am laid up .i could quite get used to this.

Dave

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 06:47:07 pm »
My wife worked for me for over a year when I first set up.  She still helps with the larger commercial hotels etc now.

The female customers loved the security of having her around in the begining, particularly as I was new and they did not know me fom Adam (or Paul or John or..................)

Better watch out they could take over the world now ladders are not essential  !!!

Regards,

Sarill
Sarah

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 08:29:04 pm »
Ages ago, my missus came out for a day to see what I actually did as opposed to hearing about it.

Never again. She spent so much time chatting to customers it sent me nuts. Then when we went for lunch, the cafe I use on that round wasn't good enough. We had to go to a delicatensen and I was forced to eat a salad.

She also complained that my work van was a traveling rubbish tip.

She then wanted to 'help out' a few days a week and I had to be at my diplomatic best.

For some it may be a good idea but for me it's a big no.

Cheers

gaza

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 08:33:41 pm »
BRETT:You should know there has always been a women window cleaning  crew,remember that photo in that pub?Women w/cs in low heeled shoes,berets and big raincoats there was a gang of them obout 7/8 of them ,wonder what hse would make of them now.I think the photo was taken in the 30s/40s Ive now seen two diff photos of all women w/c teams dressed the same from the same period.

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 08:37:35 pm »
My wife has asked me to post you guys a few questions.................

Do you feel threatened then ?
Are you afraid women have better cleaning standards that you men ?

Regards

Sarill
Sarah

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 08:40:08 pm »
Do you feel threatened then ?

Yes.

Are you afraid women have better cleaning standards that you men ?

Yes.

See, simple answers and not complex ones.  ;D

sair

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 08:43:11 pm »
yes she would make me do the corners , oh is that to much like nagging , possibly is
Essentially Pure Ltd

gaza

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 08:44:18 pm »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GAZA    WE ARE ALL  EQUAL UNTIL IT COMES TO HER HALF OF THE BILLS
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

poles apart

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 08:44:25 pm »
Sarill's wife
I know my wife has better standards than me, that's why I let her work with me! She also now understands how hard I work :-) and appreciates me more! Bliss!!
Rod

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005, 08:47:59 pm »
The wifes loving u guys already - thinks its becos you are agreeing with her  and you know what women are like if we disagree.

PS :  Glad the answers are to her liking as she threatened to register herself and give us all what for !!! 

Believe me she scares the hell out of me and I've been married to her for 13 years !!!

Regards Sarill.

PS:  Have any of your wive/partners threatened to join in ?

Sarah

poles apart

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2005, 08:52:20 pm »
Join in! My wife thinks I'm doing the accounts!

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2005, 08:53:28 pm »
LOL

Perhaps I should have told her I was doin that !!!!!!!!!!! :'(

Regards

Sarill
Sarah

rosskesava

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2005, 08:55:05 pm »
A while back I posted something true but a bit tongue in cheek about my missus and window cleaning, and she read it and went nuts at me.

I had to modify the posting to a public appology to her and I had to state I was being unfair to her.

Now I post in secret.

And ... from time to time she still threatens to come out with us (there's 3 of us who work together). The other two keep encouraging her which makes it worse for me.

Hi poles apart.

My missus thinks I'm doing work related pc stuff as well.

Cheers

dai

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 09:13:34 pm »
My misses works with me most days, as for using a 30ft pole, I doubt she could even lift it.She's 4ft 9ins. If I run out of water I could rig a bosuns chair on my pole and lift her to do the upstairs windows.

texas girl

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 12:21:59 am »
It has been my experience that a lot of female clients feel more comfortable when the insides of their houses are cleaned by women.

That is why a husband/outside and wife/inside team is a great idea.

When it is very cold outside it would be a great time to do insides of the out only clients by the men or women.

Would be an opportunity to make a little income during the very cold season.

I have been told by several men that they like working with me because I am a dedicated "work until the job is done" type of person. Driven. No BS.

Many times I have been told  I work harder than many men. Women do have meticulous qualities; but men have that rugged handling and knowledge about  tools, etc; especially heavy tools.  :o

Too many decisions made together as a husband wife combo sometimes; problems arise.

In addition to marriage roles, parenting; bill paying and budgeting;working every day with each other is taxing. Some couples do not cope well.

Head butting. 8)

Hugs,

Texas Girl:-*

Debbie

brett walker

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 11:17:18 am »
Thanks for all your replies

Lady window cleaners - this is one for the future, this business is certainly changing for the better !

regards

Brett.

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2005, 01:08:59 pm »

Check out these lady window cleaners at CMS Berlin

Cheers

Reuben

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2005, 01:41:15 pm »
Reuban

Links dont work  ::)