Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Adam P

ISO accreditations?
« on: October 09, 2010, 12:24:46 am »
been asked to quote for cleaning of an office and been asked if we have any ISO accreditations. i have heard of these before but i haven't a clue what they do and are for. hoping someone on here can help clear things up for me and if they're worth having?

Pristine Clean

Re: ISO accreditations?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 05:56:22 am »
Hi surrey,

I will email you later and tell you all about them. Yes they are worth having. I dont have any but I have been in discussion with a company about them.

But in short it just tells companies that you have a structure and a professional system in place for paper work.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Adam P

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 05:29:30 pm »
thanks dave. looking forward to hear what you have to say.

chores hygiene management ltd

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 08:28:25 pm »
take a look at sovereign certification, they make it an easy process for any small business
Chores Hygiene Management Ltd
Cleaners Lincoln • Pest Control Lincoln • Window Cleaners Lincoln
T. 0800 4488 353
F. 01522 542 775
E. info@choreshygiene.com
W. www.choreshygiene.com

Pristine Clean

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 11:17:44 am »
take a look at sovereign certification, they make it an easy process for any small business

Chores, Although you are correct! Surrey, I would avoid these. They are not as recognised as the others which is what you will need.

I have been a little busy So sorry for the delay. Bare with me I will send you a link to the ones I would recomend if it is the large contracts that you want.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

JSMC

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 03:19:09 pm »
i done iso auditing in my las tplace of work. you cannot just get accreditaion n then forget about it. An iso system is a living document constantly being audited n updated a fair bit. Better steering clear becaus eif you done get it audited then it is of no use. you also cannot audit yourself.

ther eis so much that can come up and be asked. Trust me it's a minefield and would only recommend for large organisations.

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 04:54:43 pm »
quite correct its a living document but i think the bigger the company holding the accreditation the more on radar they are, i  think there a quite a few accreditation facilitaters out there for small companies but im not sure what the differences in service they offer are if any. i would be interested to hear if any contractors who have less than 5 employees have been audited ?.
i assisted a major logistics company in their accreditation path when i was employed by them and sure enough i was RP for regular audits but they had 40,000 emplyees nationwide so it was expected
T. 0800 4488 353
F. 01522 542 775
W. www.choreshygiene.com

JSMC

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 05:09:09 pm »
you still have to carry out internal audits each month to keep records of audit timetable up to date. yearly you shoule dbe externally audited also. you would still need someone othe rthan yourself to carry out the internal audits as ther eis conflict of interests.

quality systems ar egood if set up correctly. big mistakeis people using load sof jargon trying to make itsoundgood when all yer doing is setting trip wire for yersel in audits.

just say what you do it's simple.

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 07:21:26 pm »
does anyone know of a company with less than 5 employees being audited or removed from the accreditation
T. 0800 4488 353
F. 01522 542 775
W. www.choreshygiene.com

Pristine Clean

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 07:55:57 am »
Yes,

I know of several companies with less than 5 that have the accreditation. Yes you are right, you get audited. To check you are doing it right, if not they guide you on how.

Dave

trevor perry

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 09:31:52 am »
we where ISO accredited for about 5 years and found it a total waste of time and money, the audit used to cost us £500 a visit which took place every 6 months and he was only there about 3 hours.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt