Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe H

Re: Need a back up machine what do you recommend?
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 05:19:44 am »
Ian
What heating do you think Solutions will come up with????
The Scorpion does not have an in tank heater - which is similar to many machines available.

So presumably its going to be an inline heater.

Prochem do an inline heater, so does Cleansmart, mine ( a Mytee) was sourced by Nick at Solutions when Spencer Davies purchased the machine new and I have been using it ever since.
And has been discussed many times,with in line you can take the heat source nearer to where it is needed (at the wand). Of course if some water with heat is added to the water tank initially it gives the inline heater a boost to do its job.
No problem

Grant
You are doing right to look at ways to get an improvement in your cleaning proceedure, especially the preperation stages.
Vaccing, prespray and agitation are very much areas to look into.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2010, 08:07:44 am »
Hi Guys

We all know that in line heaters will struggle to transfer enough heat in the short space of time they are in contact with the water, which is a realtively poor conductor.( Bath hot one end , cool the other)

There are two obvious ways of improving this, hotter water in the tank or what about 2 heat exchangers in series. I know this may cause problems with too much electric demand but you could run an extension from the kitchen sockets.

what do you think?

Cheers

Doug

Darren O

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2010, 08:09:15 am »
I thought Solutions were bringing out a new version of the Scorpion would it not be better to wait and see that first and hopefully the new version will have a preasure gauge on it.

Joe H

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2010, 08:30:56 am »
Thats an interesting thought Doug,I wonder if any one tried it.

You know Darren, you get used to not having a pressure gauge.,
The gauge reading is just a figure, experiance looking at the work end of the wand tells you whether you have enough pressure or too much pressure. And when you go from a wand to a upholstery tool, you get to know how much to turn the numpty to reduce the pressure to what you want.  Its simple really.  Everything has a work around.

What you do need is a machine thats reliable, that you can shut off at the end of a day and know its going to go into action the next. Thats what makes me sleep easy at night - not whether it has a pressure gauge or not.

Darren O

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 09:13:33 am »
Joe surely it would be better to have one than not it must be the only high powered porty that hasnt got one for nearly £3000 you would think they would stick a £30 preasure gauge on it.

Darren O

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2010, 09:16:08 am »
Joe have you heard anything about the new Scorpion.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2010, 09:54:18 am »
Whilst my Airflex does not have an on board heater I do think machines with one have an advantage. Not because it will heat a tank of water, which all things considered would take an hour, but because it take the chill off say to 25/30 degrees which would help an inline, thats vac time really. The alternative is just to run into solution tank with an open hose until it heats a bit

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2010, 10:18:56 am »
Simon

I thought you said you were going to Nottingham to try Cleansmarts in line heater.

I would still like to see Ed Valentine in-line heater they use in the states

Joe H

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2010, 12:47:12 pm »
Darren
Thats exactly what you can do. For about £35 make an inline pressure gauge.
But I just done a job this morning with the Scorp and all went very well without a gauge,
Last year I did the same job with the Prowler with a gauge.
Client was just as pleased this year as last year.
Apparantly there is a Scorpion on the market with some improvements but I dont know what they are.

Simon
I find most jobs I go to the client has hot water available - is that not the case with you.You dont want it too hot or you can damage the pump, but say 60degree C will help the inline no end.

Job this morning was prespray hot, filled 25litre container with about 20 litre of reasonably hot water, and away I went with NO inline heater.  Job was good.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2010, 04:20:20 pm »
Most of the time Joe hot water's available and I use containers the same as you. I even take hot water with me if there's doubt like e.o.t etc. I am always cautious with heat through the pump and sometimes would like more at the wand but this arrangement suits most of the time. The inline is really for those occasions or if I put a tank in the van, still undecided as would like to get a prowler and more or less be ready to put it in, but it will just have to wait. You're selling yours 6 months too early.:(

Ian, best laid plans and all that but I will get to try it soon.

suffolkclean

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2010, 07:05:52 pm »
Don't believe our luck after placing our order Monday solutions have came back to us the mytee heater is no longer available, so were going to upgrade to a mytee PLUS which we can't use in the Uk :'( They are looking into which other inline heater can be used with this machine.

Joe H

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2010, 08:22:28 pm »
I would imagine any inline heater would be ok, but some are not very reliable according to reports on here. I gather Nick is still on holiday.         

Neil kell

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2010, 09:50:46 pm »
Ian
I know of cleaners who can prespray hot then rinse with cold and get good results.
I am not one of them.
I like hot prespray and hot rinse.
When I use the Scorpion I put warm water in the tank (say up to 60degree). Sometimes onsmall jobs that "tank" is a bucket and I dangle the pump suction hose into the bucket and work from that, topping up if necessary.
Bigger jobs, use the clean water tank.
Having warm water in tank helps the inline heater get really hot water as said on other posts.

Shaun
The have been too many comments from cleaners who have no experiance of what they are commenting about. This is not really helpful to any reader wanting advice.  If I have tried something or better still have owned something, then I will comment fully on it to the best of my abilty. 
A lot has been said on here about the Scorpion in the past which has been very unfair.

If it seems its the "same notes but in a different order", is there anything wrong with that. You may have heard it before but there are newcomers on the forum virtually every day - so it is new notes to them.

I will always stick up for what is right, fair, and just, and from the personal emails and phone calls I get it appears a lot of carpet cleaners appreciate that.
Joe,
The type of carpets i usually come across would be looped pile, very bright, felt back polypropelene acryllic stuff. I am a fitter by trade and am forever having to refit and restretch. And replace old nap locks etc. EOT cleans - comes with the territory, gotta play ball, the markets on the ground. Any way when cleaning, I would obviously vac and check then a very hot pre spray with my degreaser and cleaner. Heres the question. I use a DCM counter rotator next, but sometimes I will chase the prespray with a steam cleaner before using the counter rotator. The aim is to get the prespray hotter with the idea of being more affective on the compacted grit. Then counter rotate, then extract. Do I really need the steam. Is it really making a difference? My customers are thrilled and amazed. I use a stair tool to clean every thing.
Bundled cleaning solutions

Joe H

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2010, 07:26:24 am »
Only you in the situation you dealing with at that point in time really know if a method is effective or not.
Why not, on you next job of that sort, do part of the carpet with the proceedure you stated, and then do another part by changing it ie drop the steaming.
If n noticeable difference then why take you time and energy.

Are you saying you clean a carpet with a stair tool?

Generally speaking, I find looped pile a pain to clean, have to be careful not to damage fibre, and may not get a brilliant result anyway.

Neil kell

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2010, 03:45:05 pm »
Only you in the situation you dealing with at that point in time really know if a method is effective or not.
Why not, on you next job of that sort, do part of the carpet with the proceedure you stated, and then do another part by changing it ie drop the steaming.
If n noticeable difference then why take you time and energy.

Are you saying you clean a carpet with a stair tool?

Generally speaking, I find looped pile a pain to clean, have to be careful not to damage fibre, and may not get a brilliant result anyway.
Yeah, I have to use the stair tool, my main wand trigger is jammed. When the trigger is depressed, the mechanism is not coming back to meet the trigger. Its wedged so if I hook it up to the machine it sprays continuously, the bit is jammed in, do you get me?
I only do small s/l any way, the stair tool is brill for that. If I get large rooms I use the Rotovac. I then just use the main want to straighten the pile.

Still can't get the Advance air lock problem sorted. I called my supplier, who walked me through - shoving the airlock connector into the main hose and blocking it up with a rag to try to pull the air out, switching it on an leaving it for a period. No joy. Help :) !

Regards,

Neil.
Bundled cleaning solutions

Joe H

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2010, 05:30:02 pm »
Not knowing Alltec machines I am afraid I cant help.

rufcho

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2010, 02:05:47 pm »
Hi all,
I just want to thank you all for your advices. I am still reading all threads. Lots of useful information.Thanks againe!!!
Raff