Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rg1

Windows Inside
« on: September 30, 2010, 01:41:54 pm »
If a house costs £12 to clean outside, would you charge the same to do inside?
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

mikeyfaerosyth

Re: Windows Inside
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 01:55:51 pm »
takes twice as long even when you now how to use a sqeegee properly.extra50% if uve got time,double if your books are full,also if there smokers be prepaired to clean up to 6 or 7 times and work as fast as you can or your gonnae lose out.

lyndy

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 01:56:54 pm »
£24

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 02:48:53 pm »
£24 if i wasnt in need £18 if i was desperate for work!

rg1

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 02:57:02 pm »
Thanks guys!

I normally charge half as much again for insides, so just wanted to make sure I was in the right ball park area. :)

gewindows

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 03:10:43 pm »
Depends, how big her juggs are.

rg1

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 03:13:24 pm »
Depends, how big her juggs are.

;D ;D ;D  I would probably pay her to do the windows.

wezzy32

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 03:17:38 pm »
i allways double it
keep on smiling

Frankybadboy

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 03:42:16 pm »

Wc Solutions

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 04:38:29 pm »
we get most of our customers  (70%) to have the internals done every 4 months and charge the same as the out (excluding the conservatory) as an offer to the regular customers - 4 weekly, 6 weekly customers....

as we are proper wc we can actually use a mop and blade very well and fast - im amazed how many wc cant use a mop and blade ...

they love it, we look after them and they look after us.

although only charging the same cost as the out it does generated a good source of income.

we do a day or 2 every other month of internals - normally book it it for a wet day ....

with having a lot of customer getting the internals done it makes the glass look even better on the outside and makes us stand out with the customer and in turn gets us about 30% increase a month of recommendations ....

i sure this wont work for all you guys but it works very well for us.

we even get customer from other wc that wont/cant clean internal windows and in turn the customer goes with us for the outsides aswell - this can get annoying as we dont like taker work away from others but at the end of the day its the customers choice and if they aint happy with the wc then i dont mind it too much...

gordonswindows

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 04:43:46 pm »
Well said WC

no extra money grabbing charge for insides

Lovely little earner in wet weather or during the snow

customers love it and it generates great loyalty

Gordon

ps as you said you have to be able to do it and do it well
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

Wc Solutions

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 04:50:53 pm »
Well said WC

no extra money grabbing charge for insides

Lovely little earner in wet weather or during the snow

customers love it and it generates great loyalty

Gordon

ps as you said you have to be able to do it and do it well

to be honest we would charge more for the internals if they hadnt been done for yrs/smokers but when they sign up to our internal window cleaning scheme then we keep it as the same as the out.

maybe i wasnt so clear on the prices...

example: 3 bed house with small conservatory £14 every month external (of course including frames n sills)

so customer joins the 4 monthly internals scheme and pays that £14 for the internals but not including the conservatory.

if the customer wants the conservatory cleaned then we would prob charge £10 due to the amount of framework ...

alot of the customers dont have the con insides done on this scheme as we also offer a complete conservatory valet service and they normally have it done with that.

i used to work in sales years n years ago - so im able to sale our services to the current customers with add ons ...
and in turn we get alot of cutomers passed on to us...

andyM

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 04:53:46 pm »
I always ask customer to make sure the window sills are clear before I do insides.
I just charge the same as outsides, and with no obstructions on the window sills I can fly round.
I enjoy doing them.  
One of the Plebs

mci services

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 04:54:59 pm »
It doesn't take 1.5 or double the time even if you are wfp, if anything it is marginally longer but not by much.

I do a few and my lad does the outsides wfp and I wizz from room to room and am finished almost as quick as the lad on the outsides, therefore I charge the same price.

I did for a while charge 1.5x but dropped that policy a good while back, in fact I best check my website to see if I amended that. And even if it is marginally longer it is a revenue you never had  

Wc Solutions

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 04:56:46 pm »
I always ask customer to make sure the window sills are clear before I do insides.
I just charge the same as outsides, and with no obstructions on the window sills I can fly round.
I enjoy doing them.  

well said mate, makes a big difference when the window area is totally clear. it only takes 10 mins max! to do the insides, aslong as you can use a mop n blade well.

andyM

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 04:57:13 pm »
takes twice as long even when you now how to use a sqeegee properly.extra50% if uve got time,double if your books are full,also if there smokers be prepaired to clean up to 6 or 7 times and work as fast as you can or your gonnae lose out.

Try using a Wagtail and a bottle instead of a bucket (Wagga style) and you will fly round  ;)
One of the Plebs

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 06:39:49 pm »
would charge £20 one off job or on a reg £18

lcwalker

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 08:41:01 pm »
I would probably charge £20 but i try to avoid insides i just find i get so hot (i think ive always been asked around chistmas and whats under nearly every window a radiator), one of my first jobs was inside and out a 3 storey house with internal double glazing in all each window has 4 sides to clean it took me hours, a few of my current jobs want some insides done mainlt kitchen windows but as my partner helps me she does the insides and i do the outside, she doesn't mind she just has a good chat with the old dears.

mikeyfaerosyth

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 09:50:28 pm »
true you can easily do insides just as quik as out.i have some i do couple times a year and charge same as out but they move obsticles ,but if its the first clean inside you may have to mop and squeegee a couple of times to get good results, even if you can use a squeegee properly these jobs can take longer than you think somtimes so charge extra then you wont lose out.

andyjm1

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 10:24:43 pm »
x 1.5 for insides.