This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lcwalker

I got a call
« on: September 29, 2010, 10:53:13 pm »
I phoned to arrange to clean some windows tomorrow and left a message to tell them i was coming, then got a message dont bother coming tomorrow because of the weather it's no point in cleaning them because they will get dirty again, i thought that was the point of our job.It's annoyed me as at first he wanted me to do them every 4 weeks then i changed it myself to 6 weeks as they put me off before now he wants them left another few weeks, and whats annoyed me more is it's abit out of my way and id already arranged his neighbours so ive got to go there for 1 house instead of 2, why do people mess you around it really makes me mad  >:(.

gewindows

Re: I got a call
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 11:00:27 pm »
Phone them and tell them it'll cost more as you'll be making a 'one-off' journey for them. The tell them to hang themselves by the neck until dead from the apple tree.

LWC

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 11:01:43 pm »
One word, "drop them"

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 11:03:21 pm »
simple solution mate 4 weeks OR 8 weeks or if he wont accept that then 12 weeks but slap a first clean price on it.

just do it every other time you do the  other custies around it
price higher/work harder!

Chris Cottrell

LWC

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 11:07:39 pm »

S

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 11:09:10 pm »

Are u still after purified water? Email me if you are. Email on profile.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 11:49:04 pm »
simple solution mate 4 weeks OR 8 weeks or if he wont accept that then 12 weeks but slap a first clean price on it.

just do it every other time you do the  other custies around it

I'd go with this answer mostly

But also firstly you sometimes have to train your custards up, let them know rain water is relatively pure! (prove it to them if need be with a T.D.S meter ive done this a few times, soon shuts em up) and there fore does not get windows dirty! only dirt can get things dirty!!!

Secondly you must explain the way you need to run your business and the frequncy arranged with them goes hand in hand with the price! so for axample if they miss a clean the price needs to be 25 to 50% more!

If none of this sinks in give then 2 chances then dump them on the 3rd strike! But let them know face to face that you will have to unfortunatly take them off your regulars list. And if they want to use your service in the future you will be more than happy to quote them a one off price, and require one month notice in advance!

I'll tell you now this will change there mond up about messing you about 8 times out of ten! If none of this works they abviously do not want a regular w.cing service, and you are wasting each other time, drop em and find some real customers!

sorry for the long rant but its a topic close to my heart!  ;D

Best regards G.B

Jonathan Spencer

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 07:44:50 am »
I would leave them then to next time you are around.  3 strikes and then dump.

I suppose how much you need the work at the moment.  Have you a full round?

lcwalker

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 08:03:03 am »
I would leave them then to next time you are around.  3 strikes and then dump.

I suppose how much you need the work at the moment.  Have you a full round?
No i dont really have a full round just bits and pieces scattered ive moved recently 10 miles from where i use to live and most of my work is still around there, i have around 20 customers, but i do plan to hit the area i live now with some leaflets.

Jackal

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 08:12:21 am »
if you aint got much work yet id go with g.b's advice,if it was me i wouldnt do them again until he came out when your doing neighbours asking why you aint doing his and tell him why you aint doing them,politely of cause

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 12:07:07 pm »
I phoned to arrange to clean some windows tomorrow and left a message to tell them i was coming, then got a message dont bother coming tomorrow because of the weather it's no point in cleaning them because they will get dirty again, i thought that was the point of our job.It's annoyed me as at first he wanted me to do them every 4 weeks then i changed it myself to 6 weeks as they put me off before now he wants them left another few weeks, and whats annoyed me more is it's abit out of my way and id already arranged his neighbours so ive got to go there for 1 house instead of 2, why do people mess you around it really makes me mad  >:(.

One of the classic reasons I try to avoid work where I have to pre-notify.  There are others too.  Most have been dropped down the years for messing about.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 12:17:51 pm »
I text or phone all my customers (well 99%) the night before with no probledms at all.

when there new customers and i phone they sometimes ask what time! and i reply with the same answer everytime...

" i dont give times only days, if its absolutly nessarcery i'll specify am time or pm time!"

after saaying this to them i few times they dont ask anymore!

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 06:23:06 pm »
well said matt like to hang  all me custies mates but just figured i wont have a business  yeh i mean you give them the curtosy of ringing them and they turn you away balls to that mates had one last week got me going knocked this bints door to let me through the gate reply i cant let you round to do winds today as my dog bitch is on heat gets a bit boystous  me with a smirk on me face what could i say to that just said will be around tommorrow then what a patetic excuse had a good laugh though   

S

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 07:04:54 pm »
I don't think he wanted an answer to his question, because it would have been a stupid question. Anyone with any sense would not bother with that type of time wasting customer.

This forum is a good place to moan too ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 07:19:00 pm »
I used to skip them but then the neighbours cotton on and before you know it the whole street will bugger you about. You have to dump them to stop the rot.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 09:29:04 pm »
I used to skip them but then the neighbours cotton on and before you know it the whole street will bugger you about. You have to dump them to stop the rot.

Exactly what I found.  If you start doing something for one custie and you have others in the road, there's a fair chance that they will want it too.
Occasionally when stopping the rot it has backfired though.  This can happen if the dumped customer gets another window cleaner and the others use him too.  You can end up losing a number of jobs in close proximity.  I would still rather have this than having a number of unreliable customers.

Llaaww

if it is dirty it is fair game