Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jackal

anyone recommend some decent boots
« on: September 29, 2010, 05:37:47 pm »
got through 2 pairs in last 8 months they were only £20 a pair and seem good at the time but were crap,want some decent grip and that could last a year at least,any links would be sound

Lee GLS

Re: anyone recommend some decent boots
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 05:52:08 pm »
i just got some merrell walking trainers from field and trek they were £35, should have been £70

bobby p

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 05:57:23 pm »
on ladders i have found MERCURY trainers to have great grip. They wear out quickly but theres no difference to buying a long lasting pure Argentinian leather shoe at £100 or ten pairs of MERCURIES ,Which are £10 a pair . 

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 05:59:58 pm »
get yr self a pair of docs  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 06:06:02 pm »
I have just been on a `find some good boots mission`,was in my local tkmax every day,shoe shops,screwfix website etc.
 Settled on ebay(bit of a risk without trying em on) DeWalt Challenger 2,goretex,steel toe caps,steel mid-solethey are very comfortable with a cushioned insole,steel toe caps come in handy in all sorts of ways,£57.97 plus £6.00 delivery,i wanted to find a good boot cheaper but gave up,anyway i felt i had treated myself.

Wc Solutions

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 06:07:41 pm »
just bought some boots from screwfix. dickies is the make and i think they were about £25

called something like storm ......

steel toe and very well padded, with a good non slip tred ....

worth a look.

i normally just get this sort of price band ones and just get two pairs a year...

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 06:11:58 pm »
ive just bought some bergaus explorer trail light goretex boots(£70)hopefully theyll keep my feet dry and warm and last a couple of years.

im usually looking for some cheap boots and waterproof jackets but now i think its false economy as they dont last and dont keep you dry!!now im earning more i decided to get some decent gear!!

bought a bergaus goretex jacket as well(£115!).it better keep me dry now ive splashed out!! ::) ;D ;D ;D

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 06:40:04 pm »
Hi Tec water proof walking boots £30 a pair
You can't polish a turd

Paul-pp

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 06:50:05 pm »
You can buy some Karrimor waterproof / breathable running trail shoes from Sports direct for £40 in red or black.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 07:17:45 pm »
You can buy some Karrimor waterproof / breathable running trail shoes from Sports direct for £40 in red or black.

No disrespect here Paulpp but I've given up on Karrimor. They've gone down hill big time, I was told they were bought out by a Korean company or something. Some thing's happened as their stuff used to be top notch, last pair of Karrimors lasted me 2 months & were shot!

Londoner

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 07:44:04 pm »
Tool Station boots are highly recommended. Very good value. Then go on ebay and buy some MIL-COM army socks for about £3 a pair. Ready for winter.

rg1

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 08:00:16 pm »
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

Skyglide

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 08:07:25 pm »
Anything Gore Tex and Vibram sole.  I.E. waterproof, breathable and hard wearing.

Don't skimp on price - get the best and feel comfortable in ALL conditions.
We are on our feet all day, so get the very best.

ts

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 08:13:41 pm »
got a pair of hiking boots from tk max 37 quid down from 100. vibram sole. bargain of the year id say. and karrimor are awful dont go near them

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 08:29:55 pm »
Anything Gore Tex and Vibram sole.  I.E. waterproof, breathable and hard wearing.

Don't skimp on price - get the best and feel comfortable in ALL conditions.
We are on our feet all day, so get the very best.

I agree. It can be difficult buying online though. Do you have a link to an ideal winter boot Christies?

vivaro 013

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 08:38:06 pm »
only way out this problem, spend over 100 pound on a pair of gore tex brasher, i went through the same problem spending 20 to 40 pound on supposedly water proof boots  only ending with wet feet by the end of the day which is not good , bought the above boot problem solved first pair lasted 16 months now on 2nd pair

Feen

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 08:38:34 pm »
For winter work look no further than Muck Boot co. Used them last winter and we all know what that was like. One pair of socks, no wet or cold feet. Cost me about £42 if I recall. Just got them out again now things are wet. Too hot for all round use. http://www.muckbootcompany.com/men/farm-ranch-work/Pages/Jobber.aspx
Feen

Feen

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 08:40:22 pm »
That last bit should read "all year round use". Slow fingers !
Feen

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 08:43:18 pm »
i just got some merrell walking trainers from field and trek they were £35, should have been £70

me too for the same discount!  ;D

Londoner

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 08:47:39 pm »
Grade 1 used British Army boots from Surplus and Outdoor for £30 take some beating for value