This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee09

Re: anyone recommend some decent boots
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 08:55:26 pm »
only way out this problem, spend over 100 pound on a pair of gore tex brasher, i went through the same problem spending 20 to 40 pound on supposedly water proof boots  only ending with wet feet by the end of the day which is not good , bought the above boot problem solved first pair lasted 16 months now on 2nd pair

No save your money.

I bought a pair of brasher last weekend from blacks with £30. off (£95.00 bargin) since Monday I have broken 8 legs 7 arms and two collar bones. These fooking things may offer grip halfway down a fookin hill but on patios, or decking there is nowt but a prayer.

If you do get some be sure to keep your phone to hand for the ambulance, assuming you don't loose it when you go arse over tit.

Lee09 from casualty  

darragh windows

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 09:06:46 pm »
For winter work look no further than Muck Boot co. Used them last winter and we all know what that was like. One pair of socks, no wet or cold feet. Cost me about £42 if I recall. Just got them out again now things are wet. Too hot for all round use. http://www.muckbootcompany.com/men/farm-ranch-work/Pages/Jobber.aspx

dito had mine two years now only wear them in colder weather and never had wet feet, after all they are glorified water boots, they are very comfy and dont sweat your feet and believe me my feet are fussy
jamie

gewindows

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 09:06:54 pm »
Thats funny  ;D ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 09:35:30 pm »
only way out this problem, spend over 100 pound on a pair of gore tex brasher, i went through the same problem spending 20 to 40 pound on supposedly water proof boots  only ending with wet feet by the end of the day which is not good , bought the above boot problem solved first pair lasted 16 months now on 2nd pair

No save your money.

I bought a pair of brasher last weekend from blacks with £30. off (£95.00 bargin) since Monday I have broken 8 legs 7 arms and two collar bones. These fooking things may offer grip halfway down a fookin hill but on patios, or decking there is nowt but a prayer.

If you do get some be sure to keep your phone to hand for the ambulance, assuming you don't loose it when you go arse over tit.

Lee09 from casualty  

;D
 And you`ve still got the best part of 16 months to go in them.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

lee09

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 09:56:41 pm »

No save your money.

Lee09 from casualty  

;D
 And you`ve still got the best part of 16 months to go in them.

I may part ex them for a wheelchair. At least with cheaper leaking boots you can walk to the shops for your next pair.
These are well made and waterproof, just very very scary.
Lee

Jackal

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 10:09:19 pm »
great il av a look at some of the links tomorrow so many to choose from.

and as for the karimor thats what iv got now 3 months and the sole has worn away so feet are soaked with even the slightest bit of damp on the ground,never again >:(

Wc Solutions

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2010, 12:59:59 pm »
ive just bought some bergaus explorer trail light goretex boots(£70)hopefully theyll keep my feet dry and warm and last a couple of years.

im usually looking for some cheap boots and waterproof jackets but now i think its false economy as they dont last and dont keep you dry!!now im earning more i decided to get some decent gear!!

bought a bergaus goretex jacket as well(£115!).it better keep me dry now ive splashed out!! ::) ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

i saw the bergaus stuff all half price the other day  :'( :'( :'(

Wc Solutions

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2010, 01:00:51 pm »
You can buy some Karrimor waterproof / breathable running trail shoes from Sports direct for £40 in red or black.

load of rubbish!!!!!!!!1

mikeyfaerosyth

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2010, 01:45:25 pm »
northwest territory are the best ive tried,£22 from factory shop when in stock,had at least 8 pairs over the years but rarely in stock, sell like hot cakes,tried a fair few others too,gor karrimor leather boots with vibram sole a week ago,£34 next day delivery from sports direct,think there fantastico ;D was gonnae order another pair next week until i read the posts here :'(