Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GB Window Cleaning

Re: HOW LONG ROUGHLY TO GAIN AROUND 200 CUSTOMERS LEAFLETING AND DOOR KNOCKING
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 02:07:35 pm »
Dont get wet, buy some rain proof clothing!  ;)

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 02:12:46 pm »
to get 200 custies you need 300 because this proportion will cancel/move/be one off.

richard roderisk

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 03:44:10 pm »
wheres about in Cheshire are you Richard ?

macclesfield mate

Ian101

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 04:15:16 pm »
Took me approx 4 months to get 70 customers thru leafleting and canvassing ... then I cheated and bought some work  :D ...

my experiance is that leafleting is for people not in a rush where as door knocking is more rapid response so if you in a hurry just door knock and only leaf a leaflet if there out but then go back and knock em when theyre at home.

one thing leaflets are good for though if you do a mass drop you soon find out what area needs a window cleaner ..... not done this myself yet but going to do a 20000 to 30000 drop in spring next year ... expect to get about 50 proper customers from that.

(not doing Wrexham though Gav m8  ;D )

Jonathan Spencer

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 04:26:00 pm »
All this talk about working in the rain!!!  I am trad and do not fancy slippy rungs.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 05:04:16 pm »
All this talk about working in the rain!!!  I am trad and do not fancy slippy rungs.

i used to be tradational and never slipped on rungs due to wet feet! get some proper grippy walking boots/shoes!
but at the end of the day, dont risk your health & safety if you dont feel safe mate!

mick hay

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 07:04:03 pm »
Form B, I was talking from personal experience and not generalising.  :)

Fair enough, but from my personal experience you can build a solid customer base from flyers.

The main advantage flyers have over door knocking is that the customer contacts you which (I am generalising) tends to mean that they were more inclined to want a window cleaning service. As opposed to someone who (again, generalising) you have switched the charm onto and convinced that they need your service.

I don't deny that you will probably pick up more quicker by knocking on doors. I just think it's silly to rule out a cheap and relatively easy alternative altogether.

This is exactly why i built up my whole business on leaflets.

The customer asks you, you are in control. I was in sales for years, and i know if someone approached me to buy/quote, i was in!!

Even now, i wait for people in the street or new neighbours in the street im cleaning to approach me, ill say morning etc, but will wait for them to ask me about window cleaning.

Yes it may take a bit longer, but ive built a real solid business up this way.....i still drop around 80k leaflets a year (use a company to deliver them), and am already outgrowing my 2nd van!!!

maybe door knock to get the cash flowing, then mass drops to  get a solid base.

Jonathan Spencer

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2010, 07:10:52 pm »

i used to be tradational and never slipped on rungs due to wet feet! get some proper grippy walking boots/shoes!
but at the end of the day, dont risk your health & safety if you dont feel safe mate!

I do work in light rain but as soon as it gets to a constant downpour I pack in.  MOst customers cannot stand you doing them in the rain anyway.  It does not matter how many times you tell them that the rain does not make any difference, they are paying my wages so I do not want to pee too many of them off.

mci services

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2010, 08:18:36 pm »
always leaflets and referals never door knock now, got a few 1 offs from door knocking but with leaflet i find they stay with u and WANT your services.as 4 200 in 3-6months no chance. took me 2YEARS to build up to that level and am in the cheshire area....

thats a bit of a sweeping statement I had 200 customers in well under 4 months

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2010, 09:39:47 pm »

I do work in light rain but as soon as it gets to a constant downpour I pack in.  MOst customers cannot stand you doing them in the rain anyway.  It does not matter how many times you tell them that the rain does not make any difference, they are paying my wages so I do not want to pee too many of them off.

But they are not paying your waged if they wont let you work in a bit of wet weather!  ;D

Ola Normann

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2010, 09:58:27 am »
In my area I usually get more then 1 pr hour.
But I can get a phone call a year later, they keep the business card that you deliver.

Yesterday there was this guy calling about some prices I had left him for almost a year ago.
And now hi is going to his 36 neighbour to ask if they also want a deal :) They use another company today.

I am amazed on how long people can keep those cards, so I always leave one business card and one leaflet.

Now for my self, I will almost just do sales until I reach 3 full time workers for me :)

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2010, 10:16:57 am »
@ ola normann...

hi there, i am just wonderedin, have you got to the stage where you are just canvassing now and your off the tolls with employees?

sounds good if that the case thats what i wanna do in the end i recon!

Many regards G.B