Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richard roderisk

JUST WONDERING HOW LONG IT WOULD ROUGHLY TAKE TO GET ABOUT 200 CUSTOMERS, DROPPING LEAFLETS AND DOOR KNOCKING?

GB Window Cleaning

hi there richard

To be honest there are too many variables to give any kind of accurate answer to this question.
Some say 1 custy per hour of door knocking and i have found on average this to be about right.

I dont bother doing flyers though, so i cant comment on that!

hope that helps a little mate

regards G.B

formb

I don't bother door knocking so can't comment on that.

You will get a 1% return with a simple black and white flyer.

mlscontractcleaner

How long is a piece of string mate. All you can do is put in the hours, pounding the pavements until you've achieved what you want.

Some day's you'll strike lucky and pick up a load of customers, other days you'll struggle to pick up one - swings and roundabouts!!

Get out there mate and best of luck; unless of course you live in Plymouth where every house is taken and you'll be wasting your time ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

rg1

As already posted it's hard to be precise, but I knocked doors earlier in the year and was getting around 2 custys per hour. A lot depends on whether the street where you are knocking already has a window cleaner in which case it's harder to find the work. The opposite applies if you get lucky where there is no window cleaner.

As for leaflets, I find it a waste of time. It's too hit and miss in my opinion, knocking doors is far more productive.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

formb

As already posted it's hard to be precise, but I knocked doors earlier in the year and was getting around 2 custys per hour. A lot depends on whether the street where you are knocking already has a window cleaner in which case it's harder to find the work. The opposite applies if you get lucky where there is no window cleaner.

As for leaflets, I find it a waste of time. It's too hit and miss in my opinion, knocking doors is far more productive.

Nonsense.

rg1

Nonsense.

Really? How would you know as you've never done door knocking ???

formb

Really? How would you know as you've never done door knocking ???

I refer to your statement that flyers are a waste of time and are a hit or miss.

I have never bought or sold anything on a door step.

Every one of my customers is through either flyers or referrals.

rg1

Form B, I was talking from personal experience and not generalising.  :)

formb

Fair enough, but from my personal experience you can build a solid customer base from flyers.

The main advantage flyers have over door knocking is that the customer contacts you which (I am generalising) tends to mean that they were more inclined to want a window cleaning service. As opposed to someone who (again, generalising) you have switched the charm onto and convinced that they need your service.

I don't deny that you will probably pick up more quicker by knocking on doors. I just think it's silly to rule out a cheap and relatively easy alternative altogether.

Jonathan Spencer

Re: HOW LONG ROUGHLY TO GAIN AROUND 200 CUSTOMERS LEAFLETING AND DOOR KNOCKING
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 11:33:54 am »

Fair enough, but from my personal experience you can build a solid customer base from flyers.

The main advantage flyers have over door knocking is that the customer contacts you which (I am generalising) tends to mean that they were more inclined to want a window cleaning service. As opposed to someone who (again, generalising) you have switched the charm onto and convinced that they need your service.

I don't deny that you will probably pick up more quicker by knocking on doors. I just think it's silly to rule out a cheap and relatively easy alternative altogether.

I was just going to post this.  The customer who comes to you is "normally" a better one.

taylored

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 11:50:42 am »
black and white or glossy ??? which do you find works best, i have been using glossy and getting calls but thinking of trying b&w. do you still post in the rain and get calls ??? i don't like knocking as they mostly end up 1offs

rg1

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 12:02:25 pm »
All I did was give an opinion based on my own personal experiences which may differ in other parts of the country. ???

formb

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 12:08:12 pm »
black and white or glossy ??? which do you find works best, i have been using glossy and getting calls but thinking of trying b&w. do you still post in the rain and get calls ??? i don't like knocking as they mostly end up 1offs

I use a simple B&W slip. 1% return no matter the weather.

Jackal

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 12:32:01 pm »
you could get that many custys in 3 months or 6 months depends how much time you put in,its easy go out at first but i find when you are out all day dropping leaflets and get very few calls it puts me off going out again,id say from my experience that 1% success rate is quite alot from leaflets alone

taylored

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 12:45:40 pm »
thanks form b, i will try b&w and i will keep on going in the rain ;D

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 12:55:01 pm »
Dont stop for the rain mate, not even when your cleaning! (unless its heavy) if you dont wanna work in the rain your really in the wrong trade mate, and you should persue something indoors in a wet country like briton!

regards g.b

taylored

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 01:02:29 pm »
i dont stop for rain, i would get wet before i get stuck indoors, just seeing if others still posted in rain as some dont like to. 

Ian101

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 01:43:49 pm »
wheres about in Cheshire are you Richard ?

dave green

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 01:59:22 pm »
always leaflets and referals never door knock now, got a few 1 offs from door knocking but with leaflet i find they stay with u and WANT your services.as 4 200 in 3-6months no chance. took me 2YEARS to build up to that level and am in the cheshire area....