This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kate1

Re: Getting serious
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 10:54:13 pm »
Ok guys you know best.

Ive tried to offer a solution, the phrase bigger solution comes to mind, but I think Im on a losing battle

Im offering you telemarketing and the latest technology to run your business and all you can do is find fault, dont kinda get that.  Have some hindsight please

mci services

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 10:58:56 pm »
Kate there is a problem here as what you are offering, is an electronic solution plus a telesales.

now 95% of the guys on here are sole traders with maybe a few employees they can manage fine with the systems they have, well I can.

but your knowledge of tele sales is a bonus to these guys.

the guys that might be interested in the electronic solution already know how to gain commercial contracts.

so to me you have two separate markets.

although I could be totally wrong as I am often.

Hope you get what I am getting at here

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 11:05:00 pm »
Kate...... the point i was going to make is this..... Commercial window cleaning is CUT THROAT at the moment. Recession has driven prices down.... Factor in the price of telemarketting and your quotes will be beaten.
this is a genuine example.
300 pupil primary school cleaned twice a year up here in the north east, cleaned by a large commercial window cleaning company  £24.00 (twenty four) per clean. (48.00 per year)
speaking from up here i dont think people will want to spend on out of house telemarketing.. got more examples if you need them..
hope this helps

kate1

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 11:06:25 pm »
ok

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 11:13:59 pm »
in the words of Duncan B. IM OUT! just trying to save you wasting your time and money. most will be using george or round tracker.
good luck

deeege

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 11:15:57 pm »
300 pupil primary school cleaned twice a year up here in the north east, cleaned by a large commercial window cleaning company  £24.00 (twenty four) per clean. (48.00 per year)

300 pupil school £24 per clean? Really? That isn't business, that is charity.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

kate1

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010, 11:17:05 pm »
just dissapointed really thats all

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2010, 11:20:28 pm »
thats what your up against.... they do a really good job as you can imagine at that price!!!!! I JUST do domestic. more loyalty and you get the odd cuppa and cake i love it ;)

mci services

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 11:26:03 pm »
just dissapointed really thats all

don't be disappointed, you asked at 10pm when a lot of guys have had a few.

I just think you have two separate markets out there and actually your idea could include both if you dropped the electronic part for the smaller firms and as they expanded they could upgrade,

kate1

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 11:33:06 pm »
Stu - to be honest Ive put forwared a validated idea.

Not prepared to get into rubbish about a job Ive been doing for 20 years.

Last Ive got to say on it, Im offering a national marketing campaign its up to people whether they want to take advantage of that and latest technology. 

If you want to take in and expand business you have all got to embrace technology. 

Oh well I tried

gordonswindows

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 11:39:13 pm »
Well might as well give my tuppencworth

What Kate is selling is everything you guys moan about and want

You all constantly moan about paperwork collecting round schedules and then having to knock doors at night when all you really want to be doing is cleaning windows or as most of you put it making money

Kate is offering this to you but you are unable to see the bigger picture and worse you are suffering from the sole traders ego of "nobody knows my business better than me" rubbish.

A school for £24 why would you want it. Everyone is squeezing their prices down rubbish we are all cutting each others throats rubbish

The more you talk of recession double dip and the world is going to end the more likelihood it will. Yes things are tough yes people are getting tighter but not ALL people. A recession is the BEST time ever to begin or grow a business, you just have to know where to look

Most w/c let their customer find them ie was doing a two bed semi today and this wifey came over and asked me to do her windows too, result! No not a result

Can she afford you,will she be a good payer ? What happened to her last w/c

What I am trying to say is if you let your. Ustomer choose you you get what u get, but if you choose the customer you want it is easy

Ask yourself why your customers use you, then ask what type of customer they are and then find out where similar customers live or work then go and get them

Kate will get them for you but if YOU don't know who your customers are don't expect Kate to know them

Recession recession yes if you want it to be it will be but you we are the lucky ones we have control of our own destiny not like employees

Reach for the stars have a little faith and invest some time and money to come out the other side as a business that beat the recession

Go on be first to negotiate a deal with Kate, be her loss leader and get ahead of the competition

Gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

kate1

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 11:43:23 pm »
Gordon

One word

Your a bloody lifesaver

jr windows

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 11:43:23 pm »
Hi Kate,
What sort of money are we talking about on a monthly basis?

Thanks Jason

geefree

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 11:46:41 pm »
Go for it Gordon ! ;)

kate1

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2010, 11:50:57 pm »
Jason pm me, will try and sort something out

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2010, 11:52:48 pm »
Gordon......
I dont want the £24 school it was an example of the prices up here and the low low margins she would have to work on up here to make her money with her telesales. as regards double dips etc, I started my window cleaning business this year. I reach for the stars!!! have taken on another worker within 8 months. At this present moment could do with another.
You will be familiar with george or round tracker and IMO you dont need any other system than one of these.
George manages my rounds and debts.
Our quality of work manages our customer retention and customer growth.
 :D

roundbuilder

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2010, 11:53:29 pm »
Why wont you tell us what this would cost as at the end of the day money talks. I want to know how many pound notes ill have to give over.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2010, 11:56:36 pm »
Can i clean your windows kate?

kate1

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2010, 11:59:16 pm »
Husbands got a pair of glasses any good?  Seriuosly though guys you really have got to look at the bigger picture.

No naggling,arguing, cutting eachother down.  You got some blinking good resources on here.

roundbuilder

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010, 12:05:36 am »
kate you talk the talk ill give you that. I cant understand why you are trying to drum up business gone midnight what we all want is to know how much your services will cost as ill prob give it a go if others do but without a price we wont know