This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

prestige cleaners

actually met a nice window cleaner today
« on: September 28, 2010, 05:45:43 pm »
he was traditional, cleaning next door 20 yrs experience, and asked me about wfp. showed him my van, told him the costs, etc. he was a tidy chap, nice to speak or see someone who doesnt give me evils!

just hope he doesnt try and nick my customer! i should be ok, i only charge her £33 for a 3 bed, with con + roof.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

Re: actually met a nice window cleaner today
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 06:00:45 pm »
theres a few about mate  8)

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 10:09:44 pm »
showed him my van, told him the costs, watch out for those trad guys, they are crafty  ;D

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 10:29:45 pm »
iwas talking to a trad guy last week. showed him the van and set up , when he saw the 650 litre tank he said christ how do you carry that bucket ;D

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 08:09:04 am »
I've shown my WFP equipment to quite a few WCs over the past few years.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 08:12:56 am »
i showed off my w.f.p set up to a trad father & son outfit the other week too!

C.C.S.

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 08:55:40 am »
i met yesterday one of the window cleaners round my area.i seen him before and he asked me about my pole (harris ).i said i made it and ask me to make one for him .i said ok just go to b&q ,get the harris pole and bentley brush and i'll do it for you.i always say hello to the window cleaners in my area most of them are nice chaps but some of them they just give you that look like they own the town.maybe it's because i'm foreign and charge more then them and do a better job.

Johnny B

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 02:09:02 pm »
I meet a few other windys, most are friendly.

However, a few months ago I met one who was working next door to a house I was doing . He muttered something under his breath. I assumed he was saying 'Alright mate' as I couldn't actually hear what he said. The cigarette hanging from his mouth didn't help. According to my lad he said 'I used to do that house!'

My reply was (accompanied by a cheery wave and big smile)  'Alright mate!'

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

tom2009

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 02:18:26 pm »
I met one a while back. One of his custards phoned me (not knowing that I knew the other wc and me not knowing that the other wc cleaned this custards windows) asking for a quote as he read from my leaflet that I could do connie roofs and windows over connies etc. As I walked out of custards house after giving quote and getting the work the other wc turns up to clean  :-\ tricky situation. I'm now polite to others but don't get too involved.

the bfg

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 09:34:50 pm »
so did I      his name is rise and shine window cleaning    aka Matt  ;D ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 09:36:01 pm »
so did I      his name is rise and shine window cleaning    aka Matt  ;D ;D
cheers dude

the bfg

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 07:34:23 am »
oh and I met another nice w/c a few months back and he bought me breakfast and his name is Frankybadboy and he calls me up nearly every day and he's a really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really nice bloke