This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matty72

Blocks of flats, where to find list.
« on: September 28, 2010, 02:30:59 pm »
Hey everyone, haven't been on here for sometime, last few months have not been on the window cleaning vibe, trying to get infused again.

There are lots of private blocks of flats out there that set up there own commitee to run there own maintenance, now I assume they have to register some where, have tried to find out but come up against a dead end phoning the council etc.

Anyone got any pearls of info

cheers

deeege

Re: Blocks of flats, where to find list.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 03:16:18 pm »
I would be amazed if such a list exists, but good luck searching.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 03:18:25 pm »
Maybe write out a letter to " The Facilities Manager" and hand deliver some to suitable blocks of flats that you see or would like to target?
You can't polish a turd

kate1

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 03:26:34 pm »
If they are private, they normally pay something called a ground maintenance fee.  For things such as grass, repair to the buildings, insurance. Where I used to live the company went under the name of "Cedar house management company" thats because that was the name of the building.  We had an accountant, and memory serves me right the managment company was registered at companies house.  But I think it would be something that everybody would have to agree to it coming out of the maintenance fee, unless they were to pay individually

matty72

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 04:07:32 pm »
I here what your saying, I have contacted a couple of companies that would have a list, but the lady I spoke to made it sound as if the world would end if this list was to be made public, so from that I thought no chance, but it's only information and im sure somewhere it can be obtained, im not looking for any personal info just the addresses.

kate1

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 04:19:07 pm »
Im sure that info is available at companies house.

You might be quicker just knocking a few doors and asking at the building, try and get the direct contact details.

matty72

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 04:29:10 pm »
ok thanks, company house dont have a general list, maybe door knocking is best bet thanks