This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nameless Drudge

Letter to Estate agents,local cleaning firms
« on: September 26, 2010, 09:38:34 pm »
Has anyone targeted their local estate agents and local cleaning companies offering a window cleaning service and if so was there any take up at all.

Not having a round at all yet i was thinking that being seen cleaning windows anywhere(got a signwritten van) has got to be a start .

Any replies most welcomed.

mci services

Re: Letter to Estate agents,local cleaning firms
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 09:46:31 pm »
I don't think I would target estate agents at the moment, they are struggling big time to sell houses, the one I did weekly went to 2 weekly and then monthly and then just refused to pay, in the end I just stopped doing them as I could not be bothered chasing the debts up,

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 09:50:51 pm »
I had imagined in my head an estate agent recommending to sellers that they had the windows cleaned inside and out and giving them my details,though no doubt some sort of bribery would be involved.

windiewasher

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 10:03:24 pm »
a lot of them manage the letting side and arrange for them to be cleaning between tennants etc,some have 100s of houses on there books!
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 07:46:35 am »
You will get on offs from estate agents who want houses made more presentable and maybe EOTs

bobby p

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 08:52:54 am »
renting out homes is where the estate agents are at the mo/  a couple of years ago when i first started i got in touch with the locals here and got plenty of ONE OFF inside and out window jobs. good experience when first starting but  i dont do any now .

i wouldnt write to them,i just called in to see them  .after i stopped calling in regular, the work tailed off and i was happy with that as i had moved on

Llaaww

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 09:16:41 am »
I have five estate agents and they have all come up with jobs. Mostly one offs but a couple have stayed. People who are selling houses are an easy target as they want the place looking as good as they can. 
if it is dirty it is fair game