Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james44

Brushes
« on: September 25, 2010, 09:48:36 pm »
How many different brushes do people have and why?

CLEANCARE WC

Re: Brushes
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 10:01:03 pm »
SUPER LITE SINGLE TRIM MONO  (PENCIL JETS)AS MAIN BRUSH I LIKE THE AMOUNT OF BRISTLE CONTACT IT GIVES ON THE GLASS. ALSO HAVE A SQUARE SHAPED FLOCKED VIKAN WITH FAN JETS FOR CONSERVATORY ROOFS ETC AND ITS GREAT FOR WASHING THE VAN TOO. GOT A GRAVEYARD OF LOADS OF OTHER BRUSH HEADS TOO  INC ROUND VIKAN FROM WHEN I STARTED WFP 5 YRS AGO..NOT TRYING TO DISRESPECT ANYONE BUT WOULD NEVER USE A ROUNDED BRUSH AGAIN..SQUARE PEG ROUND ETC.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

james44

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 10:10:19 pm »
Cheers dan are you also happy with the weight of your brushes?

Does there come a time that you think yea good brush but sometimes could do with a bit more weight to it for heavy soiled windows and frames

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 10:35:01 pm »
No ?
you need more bristles per scrubbing area but if too many per sq inch then the bristle tips dont reach the glass or glide over ?

james44

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 10:44:26 pm »
Ok jeff,

What would you say would be the ideal brush head?

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 10:53:53 pm »
Definitely a revolving one,like a carwash, being held and applied by someone else,working under your instruction via audio and video from your couch,bed, sunlounger,bar or area of recreation.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 11:13:02 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 09:13:37 am »
Actually a square brush is more likely to miss getting right into the corners because you are more inclined to take it for granted but the bristles dont go right up to the very edge of the head. JMHO

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 09:25:20 am »
supalite mono or flocked       REGULAR MAINTENANCE CLEANS

vikan rectangle 12in                 FIRST CLEANS

stiff vikan sill brush                   FASCIAS/GUTTERS AND CONSERVATORY ROOFS

brodex 10in                              WASHING THE VAN! ;) ;D
price higher/work harder!

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 01:19:07 pm »
ACTUALLY ROUND BRUSHES WERE JUST TRANSPORT BRUSHES THAT PEOPLE STARTED USING FOR WFP, AND IMO A SQUARE BRUSH BEATS THEM HANDS DOWN. BUT WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN WAYS OF DOING THINGS.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

rg1

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 02:45:04 pm »
Superlite or new vikan flocked duel trim                   regular cleans

Salmon mono                                                            first cleans

Brodex..hanging in the shed unused.

The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 02:57:34 pm »
How many different brushes do people have and why?

I think I've got six or seven altogether.
I have four Gardiner brushes - three of one type and one of another.  I just bought spares to top up an order but they seem to last ages.  I have a couple of old 16" Vikans and a Vikan sill brush.  They have Omnipole fittings on them.  Not sure they will ever be used again.  I still have an old Bentley on my SL2 - mainly because I'm a tightwad and don't want to throw it until it's knackered.  I also have a very stiff bristled cladding brush that fits an Omnipole.  That's quite helpful when I get the occasional cladding job.
Hmm.  That adds up to 9.
Oh yeah.  I've got one or two 10 inch oval Vikans around somewhere too.  Maybe I should open a museum  ;D .
Much of this is due to upgrading poles for lightness.
The Vikan brushes are used but have a fair bit of life left.  Many of them have Omnipole fittings and are jetted (1 mm I think).  If anyone wants to buy them and collect from Gatwick area they are welcome.  Probably only any use if you already use an Omnipole powerpole or are about to get one.

Wc Solutions

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 03:00:50 pm »
vikan sills brush - red n green one - regular cleans - love this brush at the mo.

brodex brushes - came with poles - used for everything else - con roofs, gutters .....

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 03:19:43 pm »
ACTUALLY ROUND BRUSHES WERE JUST TRANSPORT BRUSHES THAT PEOPLE STARTED USING FOR WFP, AND IMO A SQUARE BRUSH BEATS THEM HANDS DOWN. BUT WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN WAYS OF DOING THINGS.

Spot on Dan.

Ewan, I've read some crap on here before but I have to say, you've taken the biscuit this time! ;D ;D

andyM

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2010, 04:17:46 pm »
Ewan is correct about the Vikan Transport System brushes
http://www.vikan.com/sw2125.asp

But im happy using some of them for window cleaning  ;)

One of the Plebs

gavin pedley

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 04:22:36 pm »
As far as i can see vikan saw an opportunity to increase there sales by modifying there brushes slightly and introducing them to the window cleaning market.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 04:46:26 pm »
Ok jeff,

What would you say would be the ideal brush head?
You must use light brushes, an Aquafactor cladding brush is light and the bristles have luverly splay.
I aint found anything to beat my swivel brush in the last 12 years.

s.w.c

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2010, 07:59:08 pm »
i use single trim mono i like them as all the bristle are in contact with the glass, eg, like the tucker brush and alex mk1 single trim to me i think they clean better than dual trim, i like the light an single mono trim, ive tried so many over the time even hogs hair all of alex and i go back to single trim mono every time. so alex bring back the mk1 single trim i see he brought back the mk1 flocked version so how about the mk1 single mono then

wightsurf

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 08:30:57 pm »
Salmon for the last 5 yrs i think, too tight to buy anthing else  ;D
@ £7 ish never let me down  ;D

james44

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2010, 02:30:43 am »
Jeff where do you get the Aquafactor cladding brush?