Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul-pp

Whats the best WFP small domestic system
« on: September 25, 2010, 09:32:33 pm »
Hi Guys
If & when i invest in a WFP system - whats the best for value & workability to install to a kangoo van??

anyway do you like the pic?? - what jobs better than W/C!!!

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: Whats the best WFP small domestic system
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 10:20:34 pm »
whats best is what works best for you
people av spend thousands on the so
called best n people av spent 100s on diy
as long as yr getting 000 at the brush it makes no
differance
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 10:46:41 pm »
Quite possibly,and with no bias what i may be about to sell.

Brodex E250 litre DI Tank(see website)
Brodex steel reel with 100m of Gardiners microbore(for everyday use)
Pure Freedom steel reel , 60 metres of Brodex 1/2 inch hose(conservatory,fascia cleaning from customer tap)
CLX 22 Pole from Gardiners for everyday use
Brodex 18ft alloy pole for use on conservatorys etc.
12 inch Brodex brush with recessed pencil jets
12 inch Salmon Brush with jets
12 inch Superlite Dual trim with pencil jets
Sill Brush required !!!(trying to work out whether mono or flocked has tipped me over the edge!)

36FT Brodex Carbonlight Modular Pole + Brodex 16 inch pro brush with jets

Enough connectors to put all this lot together twice over

Apart from being unwrapped and tested this lots new!

Oh and forgot 4040 R0 with HF5 low pressure membrane mounted to marine ply with 2 x 10 inch filters with mounted pressure gauge on each and restrictor to waste outlet to control pressure. This has only made 750 litres of pure so far and at 46psi is chucking out 10 ppm from 302ppm input and speedily enough.

Possibly you may deem 250 litres as not enough,my plan was to see how it went,cover any shortfall with 25litre containers and in the future if neccesary either add a 125litre upright or look out for another 250 litre brodex tank and tandem them though once 2x250 litre tanks are required then so is a larger payload van.

400 litre upright is probably the max size for a kangoo and it is very very easy to exceed payload with extras such as battery,hosereels,toolboxes,resin tank etc.

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 11:10:07 pm »
whats best is what works best for you
people av spend thousands on the so
called best n people av spent 100s on diy
as long as yr getting 000 at the brush it makes no
differance

Toatally agree with this.

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 08:45:22 am »
When I started the change from trad to wfp in 2006, and I went for a purefreedom trolley with a 250 litre Baffle tank, 6x30 litre tank for the trolley and a 25 litre tank that came with the trolley and it also came with 18 footer pole and a 42 footer pole. As it all fits into a citreon synergie.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 09:04:14 am »
ive got a kangoo and the pure freedom 50L TROLLEY plus 12 barrels and a 22ft clx gardiners pole.

great bit of kit. ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Mist A Bit

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 02:47:24 pm »
i built a 300ltr van mount (d.i.y) 10months ago cost around £1000 still using it today without a single problem. only addition to that is a backpack which is used a few times a month in some situations

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 04:40:05 pm »
Quite possibly,and with no bias what i may be about to sell.

Brodex E250 litre DI Tank(see website)
Brodex steel reel with 100m of Gardiners microbore(for everyday use)
Pure Freedom steel reel , 60 metres of Brodex 1/2 inch hose(conservatory,fascia cleaning from customer tap)
CLX 22 Pole from Gardiners for everyday use
Brodex 18ft alloy pole for use on conservatorys etc.
12 inch Brodex brush with recessed pencil jets
12 inch Salmon Brush with jets
12 inch Superlite Dual trim with pencil jets
Sill Brush required !!!(trying to work out whether mono or flocked has tipped me over the edge!)

36FT Brodex Carbonlight Modular Pole + Brodex 16 inch pro brush with jets

Enough connectors to put all this lot together twice over

Apart from being unwrapped and tested this lots new!

Oh and forgot 4040 R0 with HF5 low pressure membrane mounted to marine ply with 2 x 10 inch filters with mounted pressure gauge on each and restrictor to waste outlet to control pressure. This has only made 750 litres of pure so far and at 46psi is chucking out 10 ppm from 302ppm input and speedily enough.

Possibly you may deem 250 litres as not enough,my plan was to see how it went,cover any shortfall with 25litre containers and in the future if neccesary either add a 125litre upright or look out for another 250 litre brodex tank and tandem them though once 2x250 litre tanks are required then so is a larger payload van.

400 litre upright is probably the max size for a kangoo and it is very very easy to exceed payload with extras such as battery,hosereels,toolboxes,resin tank etc.

Why are you selling? Have you up-graded? What do you want for it?

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 06:37:50 pm »
I havn`t got any customers yet !

Long story cut short,started at trad window cleaning in ireland,first night canvassing got 11 jobs(3 bed semis with garage+windows),25 euros each,finally got em done 2 weeks later,just continually rained hard,think that year was 112 days consecutive rain.Was getting other work from family members,inside work tiling and painting etc so window cleaning was secondary but i always found some to do and gutters,conservatorys etc,one off cleans for large detached at 140-260 euros,only a few regular customers and now 2 1/2 years later i am in york,n.yorks where i was born and back with the ex-wife(true) and children but unemployed.
However i just spent my last few quid buying a van and the gear i listed above and of course i have all the trad gear and ladders etc. The wfp gear was what made me want to give window cleaning a shot again as the Brodex stuff i bought at a great price from a guy in the Isle of Man who bought it all new,unwrapped it, put together the 18ft brodex alloy with a 16 inch brodex brush and heavy duty brodex 1/2 inch hose and at 57 years of age, decided no way would his back handle it.Didnt surprise me at all which is why there is now microbore, a smaller brush and a clx22 in the kit.The gear ended up  as mine because brodex wouldn`t take it back as he had visited them to buy it so he put it up for sale on ebay and i bought it.I have added stuff ,brushes,pole ro set up etc , done all my research,tested it,and am still a little unsure plus prices round here are a 1/3rd of what i used to be able to charge and so i never got particularly quick.
So i am a newbie ,just got business cards,signwritten van BUT havn`t knocked a door yet,got people i know thinking i am mad with this water brush thingy and i am concerned i will say balls to it all .If the wfp kit hadn`t come along i probably wouldn`t have started up traditional but now i have it i keep thinking i should start traditional as certainly around here, with reports so far, the splash and dash brigade havn`t given wfp a good name.
Plus i have overspent, the wfp route has so many little extras that you feel you need that keep adding up .

Basically i am just totally unsure and seem to have hit a wall. I need to knock some doors and am nearly afraid to,the pressure is mounting and i find myself hoping i might find a job for the winter season.

On the plus side the wifes(call her that though actually we are divorced) windows are bloody spotless!

So i dont know what to do for the best but i will add that i am not feeling sorry for myself but just glad to be alive because 12 months ago the drink took me to deaths door after a relapse and with that i`m off to get cleaned up and go to a meeting.

Scrimble

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 07:08:22 pm »
stop thinking about it and get out there and do something, if you dont wanna knock then flyer, its a proven business window cleaning, the only part of it that can fail is you

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 10:15:22 am »
stop thinking about it and get out there and do something, if you dont wanna knock then flyer, its a proven business window cleaning, the only part of it that can fail is you

Cheers,i take heart from this post,nothing ventured nothing gained plus i probably wouldn`t find a job to get me through the winter and if i did i would spend all my time regretting that i wasn`t out persevering with the windows.

I have listed the 36ft pole on ebay and put it for sale on here though. Took it to the wifes friends to put it up the first time, large 3 story georgian terrace.Didn`t even turn the water on! Very deep cracked painted sills,flaking paint on old georgian sashed windows,large bayfronted which strangely made the window above very difficult to access which wasn`t evident until the pole was in my hands and meant stepping right back out to the road and then the railings were in the way(and yes i had lowered it).Access to the rear meant driving the van around and then 2 walls to get over with step ladders. £17 she was paying monthly and her mate with an even taller house 2 doors away £25 by lads traditional.So as she arrived and i had been there 20 mins surveying i said,can`t do it as i really could not guarantee the quality of the work with the wfp system. So she asked did i want to do it with ladders?  No,says I,too high, 10 years ago or even 5 years ago i would have been saying yes but this day was windy and all my ladder scares came back to me at once.And so i decided there and then not to target high reach work
I actually did say to her i just dont think this property is suited to wfp and beware anyone telling you it is,regular cleans will mean repainting and puttying might be neccesary plus there is no way of knowing if the sills are left clean.
Have to say the carbon modular is a nice bit of kit on the right property(would have been perfect for the flat fronted hotel on the corner of this street and yeah sods law means i might need it if i sell it but more than likely it will remain unused.

Just to finish,this woman and her neighbour are looking to reduce their window cleaning bills and want them done less often,3 or 4 times a year and the bottom windows they mainly look out of they can do themselves. Muggings here was hopefully going to fit the bill for them. I told her they both had a cracking deal and would really struggle to get any better.

Bungalows,awkward dormers sorted by the clx22, might be the way forward for me and tonight will be canvassing some.

TonyD

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 10:27:15 am »

Just to finish,this woman and her neighbour are looking to reduce their window cleaning bills and want them done less often,3 or 4 times a year and the bottom windows they mainly look out of they can do themselves. Muggings here was hopefully going to fit the bill for them. I told her they both had a cracking deal and would really struggle to get any better.

Bungalows,awkward dormers sorted by the clx22, might be the way forward for me and tonight will be canvassing some.

Don't try and fit the bill to them ! you need to price the job at what you work to, pricing to your normal hourly rate or pricing structure, and if it's too expensive for them then move on.
It just sounds like a huge lack of confidence is your problem.  Don't forget, not many people have the confidence to start their own business as you are doing, and wfp window cleaning isn't daft, sounds like you are wary that customers wont accept that too.

Get a letter or flyer printed that explains the process fully is my view, then you can hand it over to people so they are educated at what you're doing.  Get out canvassing, there's loads of work out there waiting for you !!  don't forget all the commercial work to canvass / quote too.  Good luck with it.