Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gavin pedley

Quarterly clean should i or not?
« on: September 25, 2010, 04:51:52 pm »
I quoted for a care home the other day was £30 a month they have asked if we can do it quarterly. I work for the care company at the mo so know i will get paid no problem but they have asked for quarterly due to finances.

What should i do say no say yes and charge a little more or do it for that amount?

Re: Quarterly clean should i or not?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 04:58:51 pm »
depends on how much work they give u   and will it take u mush longer,

i would just do it for the money, as u can guarantee someone will undercut u if you and try and put the price up

gavin pedley

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 05:11:33 pm »
Yes i was thinking that, it could lead to doing other care homes in the company they have around 40.

the bfg

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 05:12:27 pm »
just do it,   surely your not one of those greedy window cleaners who feel doing quarterly cleans is beneath them ?

£30 a quarter is still £10 a month

you say they have asked for a quarter clean because of finances so surely you can acommodate them,   and as you say you wont have any problem getting paid.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 05:16:00 pm »
would definitely do it especially as opportunity to pick up more

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 05:16:29 pm »
I quoted for a care home the other day was £30 a month they have asked if we can do it quarterly. I work for the care company at the mo so know i will get paid no problem but they have asked for quarterly due to finances.

What should i do say no say yes and charge a little more or do it for that amount?

Well I usually have a minimum of £40 for 12 weeklies but there are several exceptions.  With a possibility of extra work from that source it may well be worth a punt.
They won't increase the frequency even when/if finances improve.  However, you may be able to partly make up for that with extras once you get your feet under the table.

gavin pedley

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 05:26:50 pm »
Thanks for the replys. I am defo not one of those greedy ones just only done monthly so far so was not really sure, i was thinking of doing it anyway but thought i would just see what you guys said before going ahead.  ;)

cml

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 05:36:53 pm »
Just a thought!

Greed is not the question it is whether quarterly cleans would take long due to the build up of excess dirt that would be removed more frequently during monthly cleans.  Therefore you might consider adding a small surcharge to your 30.00 i.e 10.00 to allow for this.

Quarterly charge 40.00 per quater.

Just a thought!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 05:41:42 pm »
I must be one of the greedy ones.

Increase the price, but do it sensibly.  The conversation with me would go something like:

"You've asked me to clean every three months; I'm sure you'll agree that there's a bit more to do if I clean them with that gap.  To some extent, monthly is keeping them clean, while at three months, I'll be cleaning off dirt.  In light of that, I'll have to add an extra £x to cover the extra time I'll be here".

That all sounds very formal, but I'd do it as a very light informal chat.  No-one has ever disagreed with that line.  Ever.  They will immediately understand that three monthly cleans must be more work than four weekly, and they will expect to pay more.  If it looked like I might lose the business I might move on the price, but it's never, ever been a problem.

I understand that saying that on here will bring out the "You're a greedy git" brigade, but I'm in business, not charity.  And your customers aren't fools.  They expect to pay more for more work.  Don't disappoint them.

Vin

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 06:25:20 pm »
Just pass it to me.

I used to clean there windows, when they were in Angarrack.

Never led anywhere, did them for about 3 years.

Dave

Llaaww

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 07:04:37 pm »
Don't give it to him give it to me.  :D

Are holdin those shops down ok ??
if it is dirty it is fair game

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 07:08:28 pm »
Hi Lawrence

Just got those schools back, funny old game.

Give me a call next week I will give you a job in St Agnes

Llaaww

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 09:42:27 am »
Hi Lawrence

Just got those schools back, funny old game.

Give me a call next week I will give you a job in St Agnes

Well held.

That job will sit well, only two more to go and I will have the full set  :D
if it is dirty it is fair game

Londoner

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 09:46:58 am »
Just do it. what difference does it make if its quarterly. Money is money and its better in your pocket than not.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2010, 11:17:35 am »
yes i do quarterley cleans @ 100% price increase!

4 weekly = 0% price increase

8 weekly = 50% price increase

So for example a 4 wkly £10 job is £15 for 8 wkly or £20 12 wkly (quarterley)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 11:57:05 am »
Just do it. what difference does it make if its quarterly. Money is money and its better in your pocket than not.

Follow that to its logical conclusion and you'll be the busiest fool on the block.  If they won't take a price increase for the extra work and they drop you, replace them with someone who values your time.

Vin

gavin pedley

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 12:33:56 pm »
Don't give it to him give it to me.  :D

Are holdin those shops down ok ??

Yes shops doing well thanks

Londoner

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2010, 01:17:14 pm »

Follow that to its logical conclusion and you'll be the busiest fool on the block.  If they won't take a price increase for the extra work and they drop you, replace them with someone who values your time.

Vin

Believe me I am no fool. Business is not about selling your services cheap but I have known a lot of people that hold out for a few extra quid and get nothing. If you have extra time on your hands take anything and everything, when you are bursting with work thats when you can pick and choose. But you have to get to that point first.

Wc Solutions

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 03:48:41 pm »
will take longer with the dirty frames ....

must be bloody small? £30!! i would go up to £45 ish.

£30 is for per month = 12 cleans a year.

but going down to only a hand full of cleans a year it will def take longer to get it back into 100% shape with glass and framework.

they will still save a few quid ...

Richard Neal

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 03:54:05 pm »
Youre the man looking at the job Gav, if youre happy with £30 then the job is yours, if youre busy then try higher if you dont mind the chance of loosing it
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk