Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mci services

do not trust polls
« on: September 24, 2010, 11:52:51 pm »
on this forum, I do not think the polls on this forum give a true reflection of across the country methods or way of thinking.

I could be wrong as I usually am but I have been looking at the results of a couple of polls and they definitely go against what I witness on a daily basis.

The first poll I looked at was the wfp or trad poll and wfp is the more popular method of use, the second is scrim or micro fibre and microfibre is winning on that as well. I do not disagree that these are the correct decisions I find it hard to believe it is a true reflection across the country on what is actually being used.

Now for my reasoning behind this thinking is if I was to go out on monday I may see 100 window cleaners and 97 of them would be trad and 90 of them would using scrim.

But the polls on here would say other wise and I think the reason for that is most window cleaners do not know that forums even exist until they start looking into wfp and new methods.

anyway none of that really matters bye folks ::)

JUST GUTTERS

Re: do not trust polls
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 12:15:00 am »
stu...I think its down to forums like this changing how people work and what tools they use..
if the polls had be done 5 years ago it would be completely different..
if you no what i mean..
so your exactly right they dont reflect the true goings on in the real world just this forum...
thats why its agood place to advertise and how the likes of gardiners have established very good business's through this and other forums
www.justguttersni.co.uk
clear-clean-repair-replace

mci services

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 12:23:08 am »
totally agree craig and they are a great place to learn new methods and equipment, I just would not do market research on the forums if you know what I mean, but I am going to back track a bit, at least on here you will have a slightly more informed opinion on methods than just what you see in the real world

gewindows

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 07:55:11 am »
on this forum, I do not think the polls on this forum give a true reflection of across the country methods or way of thinking.

I could be wrong as I usually am but I have been looking at the results of a couple of polls and they definitely go against what I witness on a daily basis.

The first poll I looked at was the wfp or trad poll and wfp is the more popular method of use, the second is scrim or micro fibre and microfibre is winning on that as well. I do not disagree that these are the correct decisions I find it hard to believe it is a true reflection across the country on what is actually being used.

Now for my reasoning behind this thinking is if I was to go out on monday I may see 100 window cleaners and 97 of them would be trad and 90 of them would using scrim.

But the polls on here would say other wise and I think the reason for that is most window cleaners do not know that forums even exist until they start looking into wfp and new methods.

Thats why I was questioning the point of those particular polls.

They arent representative of what goes on out there on the streets.

There is no way you can you carry out a poll on here, having lets say 40 bods voting, and say it is representative. Anyone who believes it is and makes a serious business decision based on it is likely to find out how far off the mark their thinking is.

cat9921

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 08:10:27 am »
What we need is a Poll on do you trust polls

1 Yes

2 NO

3 I use both WFP and trad

;D ;D

mci services

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 08:44:47 am »

1 Yes

2 NO

;D ;D

;D

and yes I agree with matt i mean rise and shine :D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 10:07:40 am »
You're bang on the money.

I suspect that the average window cleaner on any forum on the internet has much greater knowledge and is more motivated than the average window cleaner in the UK, so you're getting a biased sample there for a start. 

I also think you're right about WFP, though here daaahn Sarf, there's possibly more of it about than your figures would suggest. (I'd also add that I tend to notice ladders from a long way off.  A discreet hose across the pavement from a plain van is a bit harder to spot).

Then you're just getting answers from those with enough opinion to hit the voting button...

So, we're a self selected bunch of non-representative windies.  Apart from that. we're the perfect sample.

Vin

tomy jackson

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 10:15:19 am »
hear hear  ;D ;D
You're bang on the money.

I suspect that the average window cleaner on any forum on the internet has much greater knowledge and is more motivated than the average window cleaner in the UK, so you're getting a biased sample there for a start. 

I also think you're right about WFP, though here daaahn Sarf, there's possibly more of it about than your figures would suggest. (I'd also add that I tend to notice ladders from a long way off.  A discreet hose across the pavement from a plain van is a bit harder to spot).

Then you're just getting answers from those with enough opinion to hit the voting button...

So, we're a self selected bunch of non-representative windies.  Apart from that. we're the perfect sample.

Vin

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 01:06:39 pm »

1 Yes

2 NO

;D ;D

We need a poll to determine whether need a poll to determine whether we trust polls. If that makes sense  :P.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

telboy

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 12:23:51 pm »

Polls only give a reflection of the people
who use forums .
Not a general view nation  wide