This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sapphire Window Cleaning

Re: l5 water heaters for hot water
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 12:00:24 pm »
That is what I was thinking Andy  ;D
I am just a little nervous about hot water on cold glass though.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 12:00:34 pm »
So how hot does the water get and can you control the temperature???

Is it an easy thing to fit and get working - by easy I really mean idiot proof ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 12:15:53 pm »
I have done a bit of research on these as i would want to understand it ,they need an electric pressure switch modification and a flow outlet restrictor(done with a washer apparently.) They need to heat 100m of hose and water before it gets to the window so its not quite instant.
    Heres where i am with it,  sounds fantastic and not overly dear in comparison to some wfp kit and theoreticaly warm water beats cold for cleaning.
                         however i would want something that works "out of the box" so when everyone has finished tinkering about and the tinkerers have agreed the best set up or ways around the pitfalls then i might be interested and certainly i can see it as a selling point but that brings in the argument that the customers just want their windows cleaned and are not bothered how you do it. It helps first cleans and some people with the kit only use it for that i have read. So whats next,maybe turbo fan and pencil jets,revolving brushes with supercharged pump cycles and detergent pick up and finally a large air hose to blast dry the windows.
                                 I do like the idea of hot water cleaning but if you use it as a selling point then its an all or nothing scenario and if a customer finds you cleaning with cold they are going to feel short-changed.

Richard Neal

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 11:18:56 pm »
Doesnt it need to be flued through the roof?
Wouldnt there be a risk of C O (Carbon Monoxide) piosoning for anyone in the van when its running or afterwards? This looks like the type of boiler which has caused fatalities due to insufficient ventilation ( i used to be LPG Corgi registared).
We only used to fit room sealed boilers which drew its oxygen from outside the dwelling and pushed its fumes outside as well ( Flued).
I wouldnt want one unless i knew it was completely safe.
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 11:29:26 pm »
I CLICKED ON YOUR LINK MATT AND IM PRETTY SURE THEY ARE CHEAPER AT "THE ENERGYSTEAD" GOOGLE THAT AND U WILL FIND THEM. DAN
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 11:34:25 pm »
JUST CHECKED THEY ARE $119 PLUS SHIPPING WHICH IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY IS ABOUT 60 DOLLARS.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2010, 08:21:29 am »
Peter Fogwill has developed an "out of the box" alternative to the L5. It should be released in the next week or so, and apparently is fully CE marked, has a frost protection system (major advantage over the L5), doesn't require a modification to work at a low flow rate, and comes in a kit with all you need to vent it through the van roof.

I don't have personal experience of Peter's system,.. but I reckon its worth waiting a week before you choose!

mikeyfaerosyth

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2010, 02:35:47 pm »
peter will e-mail all his forum members when he gets them in stock,im only 20 mins away so will be straight over there to pick mine up,about£400 +vat,for me its not alot if you lose 2 or 3 days due to frozen gear.i will be using it only on cold days,will let u know how i get on boys.

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2010, 02:52:59 pm »
Anyone thought of doing a bulk order to cut down on shipping costs from US?

I'm also looking at getting hot this winter.