This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

the bfg

OUCH
« on: September 24, 2010, 07:04:26 pm »
Had to put the van in today for its m.o.t  and when the garage called me I needed a cup of sweet tea to help me through the shock.

failed on several things with a bill of just under £800 to get it back on the road,     work on it wont be completed until Monday so will lose a day in the final week of the month which only rubs salt in the wound,

however to put things into perspective we were on our way back from a quote in Milton Keynes today when we passed a lamp post with fresh flowers and cards tied around signaling some poor soul had lost their life in a road accident or similer.

although my £800 bill was not nice I can still go out and earn that meaning just how lucky it is to be alive and able to go out to work.

there is always someone sealing with more serious things than you,   enjoy life and take the mis-haps in your stride.

landy2

Re: OUCH
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 07:06:03 pm »
VERY TRUE

Frankybadboy

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 07:17:24 pm »
 :o ;)

Richard Neal

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 07:25:28 pm »
I am with you on this one mate, got to make the most of every day
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

geefree

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 07:39:33 pm »
Not to mention having the funds to pay for the work immediately.  ;)

the bfg

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 07:44:51 pm »
well I had just been paid of a couple of my contract jobs but was gonna invest some of the money back into the business on some new work but best laid plans eh,

although its put paid to that I'm still gonna try and enjoy the weekend and who knows I bought a lottery ticket for this evening  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 07:54:29 pm »
£800 for an MOT! Good grief! How old is it? What did it need? A new floorpan?
It's a game of three halves!

the bfg

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 08:10:21 pm »
its an 04 Vivaro

brake discs
brake pads
fuel leak
nearside inner track rod and ball
offside inner track rod and ball

there were more lesser things but I cant remember them all

deeege

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 08:11:19 pm »
Excellent post bfg. I also try to always remember that whatever life throws at you, there is always somebody suffering more. :-[
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 08:17:39 pm »
its an 04 Vivaro

brake discs
brake pads
fuel leak

I can't believe that those parts and labour to fit add up to £800.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

the bfg

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 08:23:02 pm »
well my mate is the manager of the garage and I know he wouldn't rip me off

Dougaldum

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 09:14:32 pm »
think yourself lucky i couldnt work today because ive been to the doctors and i might have suspected appendicitis in a lot of pain at this very moment might have to be rushed into hospital later i wish i had the £800 bill instead :( :(

Richard Neal

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 09:21:28 pm »
£800 sounds a lot, but spread it over a year and think of all the work it generates and thats not so bad, and as you said could be worse mate
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

tomy jackson

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 09:54:04 pm »
NOT ALL FLOWERS are wot they seam as oll bill put em out to slow the trafik  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

boldy1304

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 10:03:54 pm »
simler thing 2 weeks ago clutch gone slave gone exhaust gone rear brakes and bad oil leak all in all roughly £1800 53 transit i was sat at home head in hands wondering what the hell to do. then the news come on another 19 year old killed in afgan suddenly i just wasnt bothered about the van no more in fact i took the system out the next day and swapped it.

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 10:24:13 pm »
sound far too much mate.i reckon the garage near me would charge me no more than £300-£400 for the repairs listed!im in the north west though.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

mci services

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 10:46:23 pm »
its an 04 Vivaro

brake discs
brake pads
fuel leak

I would do all them jobs myself and get my mate to get the parts at trade price. garages make a massive amount on retail price for parts on top of their labour costs. I always get the mot failure then take it somewhere else for repair or do it my self if I can spare the time

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 04:51:00 am »
I ended up with a £1200 bill once and it wasn't even on an MOT.
Major service, cambelt change, and steering pump were the bulk of it.
Mind you, that was the very last time I went to a main dealership.  The labour charges were £80+ an hour and they do tend to invent things - or at the very least, replace stuff too soon.

the bfg

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 06:07:51 am »
the thing is I just have to take my medicine and look forward to Monday when the van will be back on the road and I can get back out there and start earning again.

I have a couple of phone calls to make this morning to customers who I booked work in with for today and then god dammit I'm gonna make sure I find something to feel good about this weekend.

I'm gonna start by wishing everyone a great weekend,    wow I'm feeling better already  ;D ;D ;D

Ian101

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2010, 10:14:23 am »
Wont the discs skim ??