This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Count Phil

Selling up.
« on: September 24, 2010, 02:25:59 pm »
Hi,

Probably selling up soon. I've been fed up for a couple of years now. I had about 5 years of building and really getting into it and the last two i've wanted out and let a lot of customers go, tried to pioneer (for those in the know) but now defo going to quit.

I still have about 30k of work annually although it's quite scattered around. A van, a carpet cleaner and a diy wfp 400litre system. Carpet cleaning was this years attempt to generate enthusiasm but it hasn't worked so I havent heavily marketed it.

What do you reckon I should sell it for? I pretty much have a job lined up so want it shifted this month.

I relaunched as Town and Country this year. Here's my website that I haven't had for long. www.townandc.co.uk

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

Re: Selling up.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 03:25:46 pm »
You sound fed up. What would you like to do instead of cleaning?

Count Phil

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 03:34:29 pm »
I have a job lined up. Just wondered what it was worth.

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 03:44:29 pm »
Hello Phil,

I wouldn't be interested in buying you van or carpet cleaning equipment.

Could you tell me how much your window cleaning work is worth on a monthly basis?

Kind regards. :)

P.S.  Cheer up!

Count Phil

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 03:46:07 pm »
divide 30 by 12 dude.

mci services

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 03:54:46 pm »

bad trippy

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 04:12:39 pm »
divide 30 by 12 dude.

2.5k monthly ;)
or even 13,if he does 4 weekly to a month
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Count Phil

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 04:14:18 pm »
I'm a six weeker. but the average is still the same. :P

bad trippy

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 04:16:15 pm »
or even simpler is divide 30k by 52 to get the weekly figure
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Rob_Mac

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 04:27:27 pm »
This may or not be relevant.

I sold a substantial round about three years ago because I had built it from nothing, developed it and felt there was nothing left in it for me.

I was disillusioned and exactly where you are.

The biggest mistake I made was getting rid of that round!!!!!

Three years later I am exceptionally busy on my national works and building a better local window cleaning business and at some point I will get to tipping point where the local works will demand more of my attention.

I have had a break and can now look at it with fresh eyes and really enjoy cleaning windows.

Are you really sure this is what you want to do - I was but I can now say I was wrong!!!!

Rob ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 05:32:43 pm »
Count Phil

Turning over 30K and pioneering is a tough ask! If you've got a family and a congregation appointment to look after as well then you are doing too much. Not all jw's can do the "single parent, three kids, pioneer, hold down two jobs and pre-study all the meetings" that we sometimes think we should!  ;D

If you are really fed up why not drop the carpet cleaning and rent out your round so's you get an income from it?

What's your new job by the way?

All the best at deciding what to do.
It's a game of three halves!

prestige cleaners

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 05:45:44 pm »
its got to be worth between £10 - £15k to a newbie. all he needs is a 5 yr loan which will take £200 - £300 a month out of the profits, still taking home £2k

wpclean

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 06:12:03 pm »
I sold up a few years ago and went to work as a wage slave . . . . . big mistake !

You dont really appreciate how good the wc lifestyle and money is until you work 40 hours a week for peanuts !

I suffer a lot from boredom so I try to mix it up a bit by working with friends etc.

Give it a lot of serious thought before you make your final decision.

I hope things work out .

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 07:02:24 am »
where you based mate might be interested in buying if local to us

ts

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2010, 08:07:10 am »
All the best brother.

Jack Wallace

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 09:12:57 am »
No matter how much you dislike a job, 30k earning potential is hard to follow immediately in "the real world"
You will be working the same or longer hours for less, only your quality of leisure time will take the biggest hit due to lack of money.
That will make you fed up and you are right back to where you are now but worse off financially.

I thought about jacking a couple of years back but am so glad I never. However if you do pack it in, good luck with whatever you do and I hope things go well for you.