This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Llaaww

Dripping sl-x and wet elbows
« on: September 23, 2010, 09:40:06 pm »
Having  forked out a fortune on a new pole I have found that the water runs down the pole far more than any of the others that I have used.

Have any of you found the same/ got any suggestions about why it is happenin and how to prevent it. Winter is just round the corner so I need to work it out asap.

I wondered if it is the brush (supalite), the vikans seem to have more bristles that stop the water splashing back onto the pole.
if it is dirty it is fair game

chopsie

Re: Dripping sl-x and wet elbows
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 09:43:12 pm »
Yes I get it. Seems to be if you do not get the angle right, try to pull more pole out than you think you need, or if in restricted space alter  the angle of your brush head, seems to work (after months of me getting wet  :P)
chopsie

Llaaww

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 09:47:57 pm »
Brush angle may do it. They seem to face up more than the vik. Will change it in the morning and see what happens. I have the ideal job to test it, inside a tiny courtyard and high up so the pole will be quite vertical.

I do hate wet sleeves

chopsie

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 09:49:48 pm »
Yes it was beginning to really p me off, seems better now though
chopsie

mark dew

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 10:24:48 pm »
i get that with the sl2. Put a couple of elastic bands around a section of pole. 1 isn't enough to stop the dripping but a 2nd one an inch away catches the remainder.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 10:28:40 pm »
i get that with the sl2. Put a couple of elastic bands around a section of pole. 1 isn't enough to stop the dripping but a 2nd one an inch away catches the remainder.

Top tip! I'll try that tomoz. Also brush angle on an SLX is important.
It's a game of three halves!

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 11:52:14 pm »
Stand further away from the window. Cable tie with the clip thing facing downward on the gooseneck works too, add two in sucession like the rubber band.

s.hughes

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 10:02:47 am »
I found this only once and it was because the y conector was on the underside of the brush and not the top. I adjusted the gooseneck and have had no probs.

tom2009

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 10:06:20 am »
i've got the same combination pole/brush and have no probs. Brush head angle, stand further back (other side of the road ;D) should help.

Wc Solutions

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 12:29:43 pm »
i know what your saying - im sure its just the angle and not the pole tho.

i get that when i wfp gutters at funny angles - down the pole - down my arm - soaks my arm pit and down my t shirt and onto my leg! :-X

gewindows

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 12:35:38 pm »
Change the brush angle.

gavin pedley

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 05:09:29 pm »
I have found this with mine standing back a little and adjusting neck seems to help.

Usually happens most to me on gutter cleans got soaked the other day but slowly tweaking to find the sweet spot

gewindows

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 05:26:38 pm »

Usually happens most to me on gutter cleans got soaked the other day but slowly tweaking to find the sweet spot

Thats true.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 06:29:22 pm »
Great pole, awful brush IMO , put your vikan back on.

Check the pole hose, angle the brush down one notch.

Another tip is to have all the clamps facing away from you so the water drips off before it gets to you.

Or you could always give it to me

Llaaww

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 06:48:58 pm »
[quote

Or you could always give it to me

Not a chance dave, the thing is the corgies conkers. I am glad I got it. I will have a look at the vikan again and maybe drill it out. I am fairly sure that the brush is the problem, the bristles are just too sparse to stop it splashing back. There are a couple of other things on here that I will have a go at, but  i'm not too keen on hanging thigs off it.
You were right about taking plenty of money to gardiners, I will be off back soon for a few more bits.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 06:56:03 pm »
Why do you want to drill it you whimp

I have spent Thousands and Thousands, with gardeners.

They look after me so I have to spend my money there, very nice people.

Dave

SB Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 06:57:47 pm »
I have a slx with supalite brush and have no problems.

DanC

Dripping sl-x and wet elbows
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 08:53:36 pm »
I've come across this problem today with my new CLX.  I don't think it should happen, you shouldn't have to adjust this and that.  I will email Gardiners and let you all know the outcome.

::)

mikecam

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 10:40:33 pm »
When i first went WFP i was gettin lots of drips on me head. Mate of mine said stand back and you won't get caught by the drips, that worked. Then i forgot the tip he gave me, and was getting wet again standing under the windows. Whats that thing you told me to do to stop getting wet? I asked him, and then he said...don't stand under the window. I've been dry since.  ;D
 I reckon an old sock or a rag tied onto the pole would stop any drips though !!
And don' forget, don't stand under windows!!!

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2010, 10:59:05 pm »
It's a concious design feature to clean the pole and remove grit.