This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steve a

Re: 50 ft + HOW THE HELL !??
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 08:01:35 am »
SL2 is the way to go, expensive but well worth it.
I used to have one of the poles they weigh in the region of 18lbs and the sections are really long, as the other guy says it's a two man job just working with it.
What I found though was that if you extend the arm you are using to hold the base and keep that arm straight then step forwards and then backwards to work the pole up and down the glass, this is  alot easier on the arms as you are using your leg muscles to actually move the weight.

Hope this helps.

clarkson

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 09:36:50 am »

Hi
  Anyone know the weight of the sl2 is it 56 feet the biggest one, that woul do me my highest job is 45 feet working height.

any higher and i would be tempted to get a cherry picker in and backpack it.

Also everyone says these are rigid but are we talking say 1 foot of flex each way or is it bending over, and has anyone tried the ally gooseneck on the top of it.

anyone who hasnt tried an ergolite it is an experience, when the bottom and brush are on the floor the middle can be 20 feet in the air. :D

cheers

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 04:32:56 pm »
I used the old ionics 60ft carbon pole which was 12ft closed, i used this for about 7 years had no problems at all with it. it was very heavy but putting it up we used to extend it out to about 40ft then stick the but of the pole against the kerb or a wall then walk it up until it was upright then you could just walk round the building. These old poles were about 11.5 kgs not the best pole if you didnt have arms like popeye.The only good thing i would say about these poles is , that they would last forever and you could still used them at 60ft even in 30 mph winds, you would just stand at an angle and still pole ok.The new supalites are great but they are un-usable when windy.

dan hughes

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2010, 02:37:36 pm »
thanks for all your replies, very helpfull, some of them !

the pole has half paid for itself already after this morning, had a full morning with it ended up taking two sections off the bottom - pleanty enough for what i had !

Wasn't as bad as I expected, once it's up it's ok!

my hybrid felt well bendy , but much lighter after using the carbon !!

slx max next, once i get enough high work to justify buying one !!

yipee !!

ascjim

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2010, 02:45:54 pm »
I used the old ionics 60ft carbon pole which was 12ft closed, i used this for about 7 years had no problems at all with it. it was very heavy but putting it up we used to extend it out to about 40ft then stick the but of the pole against the kerb or a wall then walk it up until it was upright then you could just walk round the building. These old poles were about 11.5 kgs not the best pole if you didnt have arms like popeye.The only good thing i would say about these poles is , that they would last forever and you could still used them at 60ft even in 30 mph winds, you would just stand at an angle and still pole ok.The new supalites are great but they are un-usable when windy.

Totaly agree with that. They will last FOREVER

clarkson

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2010, 12:49:58 pm »

Hi
 I dont agree the clamps are all worn out on mine and it s constanly coming loose and spinning real pain.

i think if i change to the sl2 we will do this work quicker and faster with less hastle the upgrade will pay for itself.

cheers

john

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2010, 03:23:14 pm »

Hi
 I dont agree the clamps are all worn out on mine and it s constanly coming loose and spinning real pain.

i think if i change to the sl2 we will do this work quicker and faster with less hastle the upgrade will pay for itself.

cheers

john

I agree with you 100% here. The SL2's are unbelievably good at height. I had a 40ft carbon facelift & the SL2 embarrasses it, totally! ;) You can use an SL2 one handed at 40ft!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2010, 03:32:09 pm »

Hi
  Anyone know the weight of the sl2 is it 56 feet the biggest one, that woul do me my highest job is 45 feet working height.

any higher and i would be tempted to get a cherry picker in and backpack it.

Also everyone says these are rigid but are we talking say 1 foot of flex each way or is it bending over, and has anyone tried the ally gooseneck on the top of it.

anyone who hasnt tried an ergolite it is an experience, when the bottom and brush are on the floor the middle can be 20 feet in the air. :D

cheers

The 56ft SL2 is 2.(something) KG, 2.5 I think. Yes I use the G-type Gardiner alloy neck on mine no problem with a super-lite brush too.

You'll not believe how light & easy it is to work at 45ft with an SL2.

HOWEVER

These are modular poles (push fit sections, no clamps) & have external hose so the innitial set up time is just a tad longer than a telescopic. PLUS- they are much more delicate than telescopic poles BUT used as per the manufacturers instructions & it's all good. Used as intended they are super-strong in use but stand on a section & it's bust! ;)

Hope that helps.

clarkson

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 07:42:28 pm »

Hi
 thanks for that yes it sounds miles better. especially if we can work seperatley i woudnt dream of working with the ergolite singlehanded at 45 feet  i think that could become a health and safety issue.

i dont mind if it takes longer to set up, in fact i personally doubt it will because i spend 5 minutes checking all the clamps are tight.
 then if are judgement was out on the height we spend another 5 minutes getting it down and adjusting it. Plus if you can work alone my hoppo can start the 30 foot high stuff whilst i finish the high bits.

cheers

john