Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

garyfindlay

Fast Cleaning Suites
« on: September 22, 2010, 04:56:31 pm »
Cleaned a 3+1+1 sofas today from getting out the van to driving away in 45 minutes. Is anyone else faster, with a porty. 6 suites a day and i`ll be well chuffed. ;D

mark_roberts

Re: Fast Cleaning Suites
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 05:08:58 pm »
But is it clean?

Clean six in a day and your back will be shot in a week.

Mark

chrisjohn

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 05:29:05 pm »
It would take my 2 to 3 hours with a porty to do the job properly.I dont understand how anyone could do it in 45 mins even with a truck mount.Please tell me how you did it,im intrigued!!!

Chris

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 05:33:50 pm »
Takes me 15 - 20 minutes to vacuum it so thats me out the race ::)
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 05:44:27 pm »
Takes 20 minutes to set porty up.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

wynne jones

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 06:09:39 pm »
Maybe it was not really dirty and he vacced it and toweled it with an ecochem. No mention of setting up a portable.

Why go through the motions if something is almost clean, you do enough to get it clean, or is it to justify your full price clean?
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 06:58:44 pm »
It would take my 2 to 3 hours with a porty to do the job properly.I dont understand how anyone could do it in 45 mins even with a truck mount.Please tell me how you did it,im intrigued!!!

Chris

What he said !

derek west

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 07:16:16 pm »
no vac
no prespray
no agitation
no dwell
no flush
no drying
just clean from the tank and run like f&*k with the money, i'd say quite slow if doing it that way.

from edge2edge

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 07:31:35 pm »
I think the answer is Vac then apply high foam shampoo via sponge then ask client to vac a while later but i might be wrong.Regards Alan(swindon)

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 07:39:41 pm »
I dont think a truckmount is any faster at cleaning suites than a porty (apart from the setting up time i.e. fetching water!)

Setting up a porty takes me less than 10 minutes if the customer has a fast running tap, a little bit longer if its slower. But i can be fixing hosing, placing dust sheets down etc while the bucket fills up if they have a slow tap.

takes me around 1.5 to 2 hours to clean a suite properly.

cleanability

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 07:41:43 pm »
And also wet clean carpets are dry to the touch when he leaves. What a load of complete bow lucks I must say!!!!!!!!!!!

gwrightson

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 07:46:09 pm »

It seems a number of you are not reading the initial post,
clearly states a porty was used , now wether that was utilised just to hold water whilst he sponged it I dont know  ::)  ::)

Tony
"takes me around 1.5 to 2 hours to clean a suite properly."

Really , I am suprised 1 and a half  to 2 hrs   wish I could clean a suite in 1 and a half hours PROPERLY
perhaps on occasions 2 hrs but very rarly

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

M.Acorn

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 08:01:51 pm »
takes me around 1.5 to 2 hours to clean a suite properly.

Same here !
What goes around comes around

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 08:11:08 pm »
Geoff,

Quick vac of suite, pre-spray, brush in pre-spray, towel, HW extract, towel again to dry and re-set the pile, set aside the cusion (if its a cusion that you just cleaned, and REPEAT.

:-\ did i miss anything?  ???

If that took someone longer that two hours I wouldn't employ them. Each to their own and all that.

jasonl

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 08:35:47 pm »
10 cushion cotton print suite = 3 hours

10 cushion Draylon suite=  2.5 hours

I dont see many of these 2 nowadays

3+1+1 all fixed cushions  1.5 hours max

5 cushions on a wooden frame 45 mins .

In other words ,it depends on the suite. It is a bit like saying how long does it take to clean a carpet , er , it depends on size, access and level of soiling .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

james roffey

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 08:37:02 pm »
Takes me around 3 hours to clean a suite they are very hard work this includes setting up and putting away, not sure it is a thing to be proud of to be honest if i was up against the clock i may do it in 90 minutes but how thorough would it be.

garyfindlay

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 08:49:15 pm »
Maybe I was economical with the full picture. I was cleaning for a local second hand shop, who is on the main street. He just wants the suite freshened up to sell, usually just 1, maybe 2 chairs are dirty, so only seating areas, arms, etc not sides or backs cleaned, like a fixed cushion suite, and I charge him an hours time. He knows the traffic warden, and I can park on the door of the shop for an hour, with van, and me in full view of the public. Will I get more work from it? time will tell, but had 2 enquiries today. I am 5 yards from the door of the van to inside the shop, where the porty is parked. Water added and during priming, as Derek mentioned, no vac, just prespray, and minitex aggitiation to all areas at the same time. Then plain water rinse. He has heaters in the shop. Job done.  I`ll need to go feed the horse, and put a new knot in my lasoo, and don`t mention Spurs, (after last night :'().

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 08:55:24 pm »
Are we talking average time spent or a one off 45 min? surely a very heavily soiled suite will take far longer to clean as you clean it inspect it and touch up.

I know of a cleaner who can clean a suite in half an hour and he uses one of the Dry fusion foam machines.

Shaun

wynne jones

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 08:58:14 pm »
Sorry, I did miss the protable bit. In that case it must have been REALLY clean. ;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.