Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

monkeyboy950

folk that want things done for nothing
« on: September 21, 2010, 04:48:11 pm »
was working away and guy comes out can u do conservatory roof for me mate,aye no bother will come round have a look,i cleaned the fronts,then went round the back,i said to him it would be a 2 hour job so it would be £45 which i thought was fair as he was existing custy,but he actually wanted me to do it for same price as normal told me it would only take 2 mins as its easy access with my pole n that,im all for maybe getting my trad gear and doing a inside kitchen or maybe a bay window and saying its fine dont worry about extra but a whole conservatory roof??? anyway he said no was way to expensive and 45 quid for 2 hours work,had a bit of trouble getting out by his 2  new bmws in the drive

supernova77

Re: folk that want things done for nothing
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 04:55:54 pm »
I always just explain that time is money... I could be doing x amount of windows in the time it takes me to do their extra work... Most people then understand...

Andy

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 05:01:53 pm »
I also mention that you can earn more money using your water else where, ie the amount of water needed to clean your con roof will clean 10 houses.

Simon.

rg1

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 09:09:06 pm »
I find a lot of property management service companies are the same..want the job done for nothing.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

weetot

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 09:19:37 pm »
I find a lot of property management service companies are the same..want the job done for nothing.

Totally agree, their as tight as 2 coats of paint :(
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!