Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SPE

help please from george users
« on: September 21, 2010, 08:36:49 am »
on the advice from an engineer who replaced my modem recently, rather than buying a new computer that I was considering because mine is running so slowly, he suggested I save everything to my external hard drive and restore the computer to factory settings and buy some more ram for it.
 So the question I have is, how do I transfer george and all my accounts to the hard drive ?
I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to computers and am worried I may lose all my info if I'm not sure what I'm doing !
Could someone who knows please explain it step by step ? I'd appreciate it, thankyou, Simon

traps7

Re: help please from george users
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 08:47:56 am »
Use the backup facility within George to backup to an external source i.e. a usb stick or external drive and then download and reinstall George. Make sure you don't back up to the drive you're going to restore to factory settings to which is probably your c drive.

Once you've restored your computer to factory settings use the data restore utility from their website here: http://www.georgesystems.co.uk/Download/download.html#Upgrade
to restore your last backup.

SPE

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 10:05:26 am »
thanks very much Traps ! :D
I take that to mean I dont need to be currently registered with george internet backup ?
Simon

traps7

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 07:59:01 pm »
No you don't have to be registered for internet backup.

bobplum

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 06:53:36 pm »
I take that to mean I dont need to be currently registered with george internet backup ?
Simon

but for £12.00 a year it must be worth it
bob

Jack Wallace

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 08:02:50 pm »
Simon

but for £12.00 a year it must be worth it
bob
I agree 12 quid is a very reasonable amount to pay, personaly though I always back up to Dropbox, its free and gives me the flexiblity to recover from wherever i like without having to wait for an email from Paul Sanders.
Its also safer than an external hard drive.

Dale Smith

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 08:52:44 pm »
I've been using George for 3yrs, and it's never let me down.
Easily the best money I have spend on the business.
Swindon, Wiltshire.