Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

firefly123

stay with the vikan brush
« on: September 19, 2010, 08:28:30 pm »
drill lots of holes in the stock does not look pretty but you can lose loads of weight and still get the best clean
shiney one

Jeff Brimble

Re: stay with the vikan brush
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 08:34:39 pm »
How much weight did you remove ?

firefly123

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 08:35:57 pm »
lost 120grams in weight ;D ;D
shiney one

John drake

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 10:25:37 pm »
Interesting read.

http://alturl.com/fn27b
Where has my post gone ?
drake_john@rocketmail.com

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 11:40:30 pm »
dont think it does anyones image any good using brushes like that.... i think it will put some customers off... looks cheap and home made.. might as well get me beer towels and bike out and stick to bungalows :D ???

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 06:53:41 am »
I suggested that about five or six years ago when I firsted started WFP. Its a good idea as long as you are careful where you drill the holes.

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 07:03:30 am »
dont think it does anyones image any good using brushes like that.... i think it will put some customers off... looks cheap and home made.. might as well get me beer towels and bike out and stick to bungalows :D ???

[/quoe]did that about a year ago works well . except i had loads of custys coming out and inspecting my brush , resuting in losing loads of work . now i only have a few bungys left which i scrim  :(

LWC

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 07:50:21 am »
Does the water not come out and run down the pole soaking your hands?

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 07:57:21 am »
stupid idea.just get a lighter brush.vikans dont clean any better than a supalite.if the glass is clean its clean!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 08:18:27 am »
Daz... Some people prefer to use the vikan. I've tried superlight brushes and I prefer the vikan mono red over them for cleaning. Its just a shame they are not lighte
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 08:26:57 am »
i have both blue frog and ive never really noticed the difference in cleaning apart from the weight! ;D ;D

dazmond

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 10:37:12 am »
stupid idea.just get a lighter brush.vikans dont clean any better than a supalite.if the glass is clean its clean!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond
on first cleans the vikan flocked sill brush wins hands down imo, they are just heavy, superlite for maintenace cleans are ideal
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

p1w1

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 05:54:10 pm »

dazmond
on first cleans the vikan flocked sill brush wins hands down imo, they are just heavy, superlite for maintenace cleans are ideal

i agree i use a vikan sill brush and a higher flow for all my first cleans then the superlite from then on..

paul

jouk45

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 10:54:28 pm »

dazmond
trust me dazmond, the vikan is far supperior to the the superlite for cleaning domestic , i have been there done it,  for commercial work i use the superlite,

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 07:25:40 am »
i have a church to clean friday do you think my rectangle mono vikan brush will clean better than a supalite mono?its not been cleaned for years by the look of it!! ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 07:43:13 am »
We use the new vikan flocked for everything.

Beats everthing else hands down

Smart Carpet

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 07:47:40 am »
We use the new vikan flocked for everything.

Beats everthing else hands down

Do you mean the new Vikan Oval brush?

This one:

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 07:56:25 am »
That's the one it's actually square with round edges, such a nice brush to work with

Paul Coleman

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 08:01:54 am »
I found that the red surround would often leave red marks on the frames.  They come off easily if you clean them straight away but are awful if you don't spot them till next time around.

Smart Carpet

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 08:03:30 am »
That's the one it's actually square with round edges, such a nice brush to work with

I've just bought one from cleanig spot a few weeks ago (best price i think)  its a good brush.

Until then I'd only used the 12" DT mono salmon, which now seems awful!! 2years with a rubbish brush!!!

I find the new vikan is a lot less likely to scratch the sills because of the rubber surround and also the rounded corners..