Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gwrightson

block jets
« on: September 10, 2010, 03:42:00 pm »

Bit of a niggling problem,
I have recently noticed my 4 jets becoming blocked very quickly after starting wanding , now i have tried flushing through the system withclean water, i have tried a different solution line and I am not using anything in the fresh water tank that would cause this.
Only started happening this last week and never been a problem before , any ideas ?

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Joe H

Re: block jets
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 03:44:45 pm »
I had a hose on the machine itself that was disintegrating inside. Affected my stair wand the most but sometimes the main wand. Also bits blocked up the pressure regulating valve.
I knew which hose it was because it leaked from pinpricks in various and many places.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 03:54:24 pm »
your burner needs descaling, its hard water around here.

don't you have an inline filter on your solution line?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

richy27

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 06:29:41 pm »
sounds like scale build up

gordon fraser

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 06:50:46 pm »
Could anyone tell me whats the best way to unblock jets.Thanks in advance Gordon

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 07:04:31 pm »
fuse wire, not Stanley knife blades. or you can buy the tool that gas fitter use for unblocking gas jets in home boilers. which has lots of different size pins to poke in the jet

Paul Heath

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 08:00:40 pm »
Put the jets in a small container, cover them with descaler, leave to soak, then thoughly rinse with hot water. Its worked for me  :)

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 08:04:07 pm »
If you have a wire brush just snip of a wire from that

Soak jets in a cup of white vineger overnight first. If your wand has filters behind jets rinse & soak them to
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

gwrightson

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 05:42:31 am »
Joe ,
My first thoughts were solution line , hence me trying a different line to no avail .

IMike I guess it looks like a case of descaling , and no I dont use an inline filter , perhaps I should go down this route ,
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Joe H

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 07:17:49 am »
Geoff, I didnt mean the solution line you roll up at the end of the job, on mine it was one of the pipes actually attached to the TM system itself.
This was on my Prowler. It was an inferior pipe that had been fitted by previous owner and was breaking down on the inside. Took a long time for me to identify where the problem was but then when water was springing out of these needle holes I clearly knew.

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 11:15:31 am »
I have a compressor, i blow them out backwards the way they travelled in,
No damage from poking wire in then

Andrew

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 11:30:56 am »
 the time you find out your jets are blocked is half way through a clean, you can't be soaking your jets in vinegar or getting out compressors to blow them out. a bit of of fuse wire poked in the hole, fire the trigger job done

gordon fraser

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 10:13:23 pm »
Thanks gents, jets now clear ;D

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 10:39:18 pm »
the time you find out your jets are blocked is half way through a clean, you can't be soaking your jets in vinegar or getting out compressors to blow them out. a bit of of fuse wire poked in the hole, fire the trigger job done

I have a spare single jet wand as a back up, also have an in line filter which has helped.

Andrew