Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Deep Cleaning Solutions

How high should i set temp
« on: September 10, 2010, 09:52:46 am »
I bought my Altec Professional plus off ebay about xmas time but did not really start using it often until about april onwards.Since then i have had one pump gone and the new pump (about a month old) is sounding dodgy to say the least.
It sounds like a tractor and is losing pressure.I would say that i have the temp turned up full most times(about 110c),could this be having a affect,as i have noticed that a few on here only turn theres upto about 60 or 70c.What happens when you have a minger does 60/70c do the job.Cheers
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

AJB

Re: How high should i set temp
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 11:24:56 am »
Flojet and Shurflo diaphragm pumps should not have water hotter
than 60 degrees through them, as this causes distortion. This is
why heat exchangers are better, as the water passes through the
pump before being heated and exiting the machine.
If you wish to clean at such high temp's then you have to accept
that you will get through pumps rather quickley.

www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Colin Day

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 12:28:10 pm »
Maybe you should change tactics and incorporate M/S in your cleaning routine. M/S is as effective with cold water apparently....

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 01:05:18 pm »
Any ideas why my new pump sounds like a tractor and has variable pressure,once it's running for 5 mins or more it improves.Do you think it's just a blockage or does it sound like this pump is going. :-[
I can't understand why the manufactures design the machine to go up to over 100c when it's no good for the pump.
David.

garyfindlay

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 01:08:31 pm »
Its an airlock. get an open ended pipe.  Put 1 end in the solution tank, and connect the other end to machine, and "bleed" the pump while you pre spray etc.

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 03:42:33 pm »
If its an airlock, just get an old male connector with no tube or an open ended one, just connect it, place a bucket underneath it and turn the pump on. Within 15-20 seconds you should be running ok.

clinton

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 04:20:30 pm »
Try and bleed the pump every morn for a min or so and let the water go back into your clean tank..

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 08:32:17 pm »
I found an old male connector and tried joes advice and it worked miles better.What would i do without this forum. :)
David.

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 08:51:33 pm »
I used to run a Pro Plus (6yrs) and never had an issue with heat - although never used to run it that high. I always strived for between 70 - 90, the pump was still the original when I sold it.

In fact in all the years I had it, I only replaced one vac.

Cheers

Kev