This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mci services

Re: canvassers grrrr
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 07:38:34 pm »
I think he meant they had sheets to fill in, with all new leads. They only filled in 1 sheet and it was a blag lead. That's how I read it.

ok got it

DaveG

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 08:06:17 pm »
Whats their names and where you based?
You can't polish a turd

windiewasher

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 08:25:06 pm »
They are a local canvassing company only started in business yesterday so not going to name them at this stage.
Whats their names and where you based?
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

lee09

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 08:30:23 pm »
Doc,
You use a brand new company that works off commission only and you don't know what they are saying on your behalf at the door.
Come on lad, under your last name you said that you did not like to canvass yourself but this is just a waste of your time and money.
You can do far better than this
Lee

wayne 77

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 08:33:26 pm »
doctorwindows where are you based,i will ask my chap if he will travel no promises but i will ask and let you know if you are intrested.

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 08:47:54 pm »
knock your self, there is too many on here saying they got no work and its not there fault,  it is YOUR business, go out and knock, if you dont want to knock either buy a load of work, or get a new job

am not having a go a you, but to many htink this business is just window cleaning,  it is more, knocking, window cleaning, sorting equipment, keeping records

kate1

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 09:07:02 pm »
Thing is here guys, your applying a commercial approach to a domestic community.

It wont work

They need to see you

As Doc said "his Mrs got more business"  The reason being she probably had a chat, lives local.  Built some sort of initial impact.

Commercial is completely different.

You cannot apply the same methods

Please do not employ canvassers

wayne 77

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2010, 09:10:30 pm »
Darren not everyone can knock, but maybe a good wc. knocking is easy for some, i enjoy it, i see it as a challenge win or lose. we all have things we are good at and find easy and others find hard, you enjoy it so do i but not everybody enjoys  knocking

mci services

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2010, 09:13:39 pm »
I agree with kate the only decent canvassers for window cleaners are window cleaners/or someone close like family that know the score, the hard push sell does not get you the type of customer you need, it is a personal service and requires a personal touch, I would not waste my money unless the guy was very experienced in canvassing window cleaning

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2010, 09:15:40 pm »
i know not every one likes knocking but we are in a business where we meet the public face to face, and should be able to talk to the public,  and best way to grow confidence is to knock door to door, gets u use to people and quick thinking

like stu said its the personal touch,

wayne 77

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 09:26:00 pm »
i agree but some people cant break the ice and need a foot in the door to help them sell their personal touch

mci services

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 09:34:48 pm »
i agree but some people cant break the ice and need a foot in the door to help them sell their personal touch

well they can prepare I used teach daft laddies in the army and I was one once ;D practice in front of a mirror then try your spiel in front of mates/ family, get them to be awkward and rude back, then go knocking once you have prepared. My 17 year old worker was picking up work within weeks of me taking him on

DaveG

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2010, 09:38:39 pm »
Thing is here guys, your applying a commercial approach to a domestic community.

It wont work

They need to see you

As Doc said "his Mrs got more business"  The reason being she probably had a chat, lives local.  Built some sort of initial impact.

Commercial is completely different.

You cannot apply the same methods

Please do not employ canvassers

Rubbish! I employed a canvasser when I went out my own (nearly 2 years ago) and still have 90% of that original work.. the other 10% went through natural wastage ie move house etc and the odd messer...

You will get "messers" whether you canvass the work yourself or get a canvasser to do it for you.

There are loads of guys that have used to canvassers to get started, for whatever reason (working full time, shy etc) . Overall I paid a canvasser £4k but that gave me an instant business of around £20k per year and its growing very well thank you very much!

To say "dont employ canvassers and it wont work" certainly isnt the case for everyone and is a bit of a sweeping statement to make.
You can't polish a turd

kate1

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2010, 09:41:24 pm »
You were probably very lucky then.

You chose the right company

wayne 77

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2010, 09:43:34 pm »
stu some will and some will never have it as your army teaching will know,fight or flight

DaveG

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2010, 09:45:05 pm »
you were probably very lucky then.

obviously  ::)
You can't polish a turd

mci services

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2010, 09:53:11 pm »
stu some will and some will never have it as your army teaching will know,fight or flight

very true but if thats the case they wont be in business long, but the original post can canvass so no problems there and he has learned a valuable lesson

kate1

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 09:58:59 pm »
If anyone in Derby, I dont mind going out door knocking with you as a trial

windiewasher

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 08:17:12 am »
dam wish u was from cleethorpes
If anyone in Derby, I dont mind going out door knocking with you as a trial
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

taylored

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 08:30:53 am »
am in derby kate and will be very happy for some help ;D am over by stenson thanks