This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kate1

co operative
« on: September 06, 2010, 09:45:20 pm »
Guys

Ive been talking to our developer about setting up a co operative site.

Where we get ourselves on top of google and it works on postcode based.

Search or tags will be window cleaning, thats ok for us because its our industry.  We can sort that.

But what I was wondering in the name of research, how would you all feel if we set up something where by you are all part of a co operative - where we base jobs on postcodes?  So its national contracts.

Acacia pulls up alot of stuff on wheelie bin cleaning, we get enquiries about " can you clean my bin"? oops no were a software house, Im just doing a bit of research really?

Would you like to be part of a co operative, where we get enquiries and farm things out?

Look forward to replies.

Just see a bit of a gap here

Re: co operative
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 10:03:57 pm »
window washers is a bit like this, but what cost and what post code do u get,  ie  do i get all pl  or just pl26  or can u buy extra post code around you, as i would be intrested

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 10:09:01 pm »
seems gud idea id be interestd indeed  ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

kate1

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 10:10:13 pm »
Thanks for that Darren

It would prob have to work by postcode.

But by being a co operative it would open you guys up to national contracts

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 10:14:13 pm »
would you run it as £x per post code  or block of post codes,  as like where i live pl covers a very large area   where as in london it might be a small area

clarkson

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 10:17:05 pm »

Hi Kate
 I would be up for this depending  on the set up.

cheers

john

kate1

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 10:19:21 pm »
Looking to you guys for ideas, we can do the tech side of things thats no problem at all.

Because Acacia gets so many enquires about us doing bin cleaning, thats because were up on the ranks.

But.....

If we were to set up something to create enquires and pass them onto you?????

We can only do stuff based on what you guys think

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 10:52:07 pm »
its easy kate u just sell the post codes and any jobs taht come in for that area go to the person who owns the post coded and if its a national contract u get the sites in your area.

kate1

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 11:00:16 pm »
Its something to think about Darren

Were all open for ideas, how you guys think it would work, let us know

IT side of things is very easy for us.

But you all would work as a co operative

If we get a site up top ranking on google, which is no probs for us with 25 years in the bag.

We can do the technical side of things thats fine.

All I want to know is how you guys think it would work for you???

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 11:06:40 pm »
i personally would set u a national window company to handle all the national contracts and they just sub the jobs to the areas  on a 30 day terms thing   and small jobs just in the area leave to the wc to deal with,  sort of how the plumbing franshises work  ie dial a rod etc

i think the hardest bit would be getting people to join till it was up and running and getting a lot of work, then i think you would have to limit the no in a area, 

kate1

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 11:15:03 pm »
Hi Darren

We would have to build a site with choices your looking for

A National contracts
B commercial
C domestic

After that we would have to filter out the jobs.

So anyone that comes on the site would have to select those options.

But at this stage just looking for input,

Got to laugh we get asked about wheelie bin cleaning, when our customers are wheelie bin cleaners, its only because they do searches and we come up - quite funny really

tws

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 11:22:53 pm »
kate i like your idea its refreshing window cleaners working together in a co-operative nice problem iv got is round here [north west] you would get the poop kicked out of you for going on other peoples patches to do the work are you including life cover insurance?.
 iv been trying for some time now to buy work and theres none for sale in my area [bolton] but still i like the idea just put off a bit by the baseball bats. 

taylored

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 11:23:43 pm »
the tech side would be the hard part ??? window washers have gaps on the map,too meny subs no 1 to cheek work and price? but tell you what to charge? if done propley could be good for all,post code would not work as if you have 1 bad w/c it could lose a big chain. need area managers then they can price, cheek work and find good w/c to sub ??? ??? ???  

tws

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 11:34:13 pm »
hmm you could run it something like rated people were customer feedback gave you a 5 star rating for the job you did. better your star rating the more people in your area want you, the more work you get.
 the price setting would be the tough bit i think.

kate1

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 11:37:37 pm »
Myself

I like all you guys on here

I dont think any of you are rip off merchants, a certain amount of trust has to be involved!

kate1

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 11:42:47 pm »
TWS im really shocked thats the situation

taylored

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 11:44:15 pm »
need to be more than trust if you realy want it to work.

kate1

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 11:47:20 pm »
You HAVE to have trust at some point, otherwise business just dosent progess anywhere.

taylored

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 11:49:50 pm »
if the w/c just cleaned and some1 else priced it, pay on line or dd. custys got looked after(good price/clean) every1 is happy ;D

tws

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 11:50:29 pm »
TWS im really shocked thats the situation

it is baseball bat first questions later talking to people on here it is hard to believe how all these cave men ended up 1 in window cleaning 2  window cleaning round here.