Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steviego1

backpacks,anygood ?
« on: September 06, 2010, 08:29:59 pm »
hi guys
            does anybody use waterfed backpacks?if so, what r the good/bad points,thinking of buying one. cheers
( VisionClear )

Window Washers

Re: backpacks,anygood ?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 08:32:47 pm »
hi guys
            does anybody use waterfed backpacks?if so, what r the good/bad points,thinking of buying one. cheers
good for small pain in the bum jobs, would kill someone if I have to use one all daY tbh
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

tacky

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 08:36:37 pm »
depends on your work .for me i find them brillient .their ar different ones available i use the wcw one .

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 08:49:05 pm »
depends on your work .for me i find them brillient .their ar different ones available i use the wcw one .
if you use one all day, you either: 1, have very little work, 2 are mad, three have not used a van mount

I have very wide vary of work they have there place but day in day out they waste time and money, there is no change from that it is a fact sorry, fill time wastes time/money unless you have loads of them prefilled which would be very costly not to meantion charging them all the time, backpack is a tool of the trade not a full time tool, its part time. I am not trying to start an argument honest i am not..
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

jouk45

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 08:56:58 pm »
well i must be mad then ian , lol i use mine everyday  summer and winter, no problems, it is all about preparation, and i have it to a T  ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 09:02:49 pm »
well i must be mad then ian , lol i use mine everyday  summer and winter, no problems, it is all about preparation, and i have it to a T  ;D
Joe if you use a back pack only all day 8 hours I take my hat off to you and recommend you get a van mount. preperation is not a key it is a cog and a slow one at that sry..  :-X

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 09:19:30 pm »
i use mine every day ian ,  i have no issues with it at all,  to me it is a doddle, faster than any van mount,  i use my car, so only one tax mot and repairs, so no sencond vehicle, you need to learn and cut it down to a fine art, which i have done to suite my rounds,

taylored

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 09:59:28 pm »
what backpack do you use,how much water a day do you use?

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 10:15:11 pm »
I use a 15 liter WCW back pack, Its so fantastic that so many can start at the top with a van mount. Some of us have to start at the bottom with no cash and still be a contender with a WFP in this case a backpack is the dogs thingies.It might not be perfect but is better than ladders.

dd

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 01:06:38 pm »
I would think long term, regular use of a backpack will eventually lead to serious wear and tear/damage issues with your back.

gary999

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 02:33:49 pm »
I would think long term, regular use of a backpack will eventually lead to serious wear and tear/damage issues with your back.

only if your a big tart! ;D

i use my backpack 5-6hrs a day,never wear it but when
moving i just sling over shoulder and off i go.

i used a van system for a while but got fed up of the
bloody microbore getting jammed everywhere im
far happier now.

mind you all my work is residential so no probs
but if i had large stand alone comercial work
i would want a van mount :)

jouk45

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 02:46:49 pm »
what backpack do you use,how much water a day do you use?
i use the shurflo backpack, i can use anything from 300ltrs to 450 depends on the work i have on that day,

jouk45

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 02:56:46 pm »

only if your a big tart! ;D

i use my backpack 5-6hrs a day,never wear it but when
moving i just sling over shoulder and off i go.

i used a van system for a while but got fed up of the
bloody microbore getting jammed everywhere im
far happier now.

i would want a van mount :)
i would want a van mount   ;D

gary if you use 20ltr spring water bottles, the backpack instanly becomes 38ltr. i do this all the time, it works the same principle as one of those spring water machines,you see in offices,  the bottles are left sitting on the backpack, when that one has emptied just sit another in its place, you never need to stand there and manualy pour it in, great on commercials

tacky

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 07:44:05 pm »
had mine for 2 yrs .i only do tops missis do bottoms trad .
 never had bp on my back
 wcw bp has handle to carry it .
 olso have trolley .if i need it
 i have done fairly big commercial with it . yes it can b a pain topping up all the time but van is not far away .

ccmids

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 09:14:07 pm »
im going for a backpack soon