Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Carpet Dawg

Rug Problem...
« on: September 06, 2010, 08:51:34 am »
Picked up an rug from a  good customer. The rug is from Dubi, hand made and has silk in it. Anyways, the customer tried cleaning himself.... with just water and a towel he says. Now that its dry it looks very patchy! Looks like areas of reverse pile!
I now have this rug at my place, he asked me to clean it!

Is there anyway of getting the pile back to the way it was? I.e. re-wetting and grooming? in one direction?
i'll post pics later

cheers

Lisa Wagner

Re: Rug Problem...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 06:00:04 pm »
You can take a tamping/spotting brush (stiff bristles) and SLOWLY brush AGAINST the silk nap direction, and then WITH the silk nap direction.

Every rug has a pile direction, like a dog's fur, you can tell when you are petting WITH the nap/grain, or AGAINST it.

With silk, it gets matted and stiff after cleaning, so it needs a little grooming. If you are able to improve it without getting it wet again, probably the best.

So try ONE SMALL area, and see what happens. Look at it from both ends of the rug, because it will have a super light and dark direction.

Photos would be great...
Lisa
Lisa Wagner
www.rugchick.com

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 07:20:58 pm »
Tony,

I do mine with a spoon. Always happens to silks (and arts) so if you don't have what lisa has mention just try a desert spoon.

Pete

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 12:43:17 am »
Hey, thanks for the replys guys :)

I'll be trying these methods over the weekend. I'll post pics tomorrow (or today later on lol)

cheers