This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

woody1

door knocking
« on: September 05, 2010, 07:05:12 pm »
just wonderd what you guys say to people at the doors do you have a set script or what as i am going too try and get 60 new custys before winter sets in any help gladly recieved  :)

the bfg

Re: door knocking
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 07:10:30 pm »
I usually have a big axe with me and when they open the door I say Here's Johnny  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

woody1

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 07:12:52 pm »
oh so funny  ;) i guess you have a big turnaround in custys then

the bfg

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 07:18:53 pm »
turnaround and run like hell YES  ;D ;D ;D

Ian101

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 07:01:37 am »
Morning / Afternoon / Evening
Im a local window cleaner looking for a few extra clients in this area / on this estate.
Do you need a good reliable window cleaner ?

or

Morning / Afternoon / Evening,
Im a local window cleaner expanding my round in this area / on this estate
Would you like to added to my list ?

but never

Uh grunt / sniff ... all right mate / luv / pal / do you need a window cleaner ?

bobby p

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 07:11:20 am »
"wonder if youd  like your windows cleaned chief/ GUV / ma"am ?  , while touching my forelock  or cap at the same time , my eyes looking quickly at the upper windows

A few years ago i knew of a guy who always used the word "chief" and its a real winner of a word   , GUV  comes a close second

Llaaww

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 09:42:11 am »
Never ever start by saying "sorry to bother you".
if it is dirty it is fair game

Daniel Watson

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 11:41:44 am »
Never ever start by saying "sorry to bother you".

I actually open with that very sentence.

hi there, sorry to bother you, i am expanding my window cleaning business in this area and i was wondering if i could give you a flyer to advertise myself.

at no point have you tried to pitch or sell yourself to this person, you are just a polite man working hard to earn a honest days pay.

everyone has there own way and i find that this works wonders for me because;

A. The fact that you have not tried to sell anything to them instils trust from the beginning.
B. rejection hurts like hell and you dont get rejection with this approach
C. if they want a window cleaner they will ask for a quote then and there without any pressure which leads to a good quality of customer, not someone who has been steam rolled into it.

anyone else have a low pressure approach like this?

martinj

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 12:06:53 pm »
Hi Dan

Im just starting canvassing, just wondered does this approach work? Do you canvass whenever you can or just evenings? cheers

Daniel Watson

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 12:18:36 pm »
when i started i canvassed at every free opportunity to go out and it worked well, also you get custys who are usually in during the day. now i have built up a route that pays a fair wage i go out or an hour or two on an evening.

To be honest recently i have been enjoying myself a little too much so i have not canvassed, but i intend on another push through autumn.

where about are you based martin

martinj

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 12:33:49 pm »
Im in Rotherham which is just by sheffield, Ive replied to another one of your posts.

Daniel Watson

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 12:44:01 pm »
Ill speak to you on the other thread then  ;D

geefree

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 07:01:49 pm »
"wonder if youd like your windows cleaned chief/ GUV / ma"am ? , while touching my forelock or cap at the same time , my eyes looking quickly at the upper windows

A few years ago i knew of a guy who always used the word "chief" and its a real winner of a word , GUV comes a close second

Not if the lady answers the door !

Personally i dont like calling them " love , chief or gov,... but then again its a southern term i guess.

i agree withn Daniel, and we have a good turnaround evert time we go out,

we use the sorry to bother you,,, approach.... because , generally they are preparing an evening meal or sorting the kids out, and you can see the stress on their faces as soon as they open the door.

works for us.

windiewasher

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 07:08:07 pm »
i say
sorry to bother you
do you have a window cleaner?
they say yes "would you like a quote?"
they say no "ok thank you could i give you a leaflet of mt other services i offer,thank you!"
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

ascjim

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 09:22:55 pm »
I usually have a big axe with me and when they open the door I say Here's Johnny  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'll try that one