Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ben Peters

Offering a loyalty scheme to retain customer?
« on: September 04, 2010, 11:29:40 pm »

Just an idea that came into my head while reading a few posts was introducing a loyalty scheme to retain customers and protect your business from fly by night window cleaners.

For example offer a free/halfprice wc clean after say 5/10 cleans??? something like that?

Has anyone tried or is doing something similair?

It works for tesco and the like so theres some value in it i guess!

Just putting it out there see what the feedbacks like....

mci services

Re: Offering a loyalty scheme to retain customer?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 11:31:54 pm »
eh no :P

supernova77

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 11:34:46 pm »
If you are friendly, reliable and do a good job you will have no problem retaining good customers.

If a customer leaves you for a cheaper window cleaner, then they are not worth it anyway!

I cant see the point in working for free if you dont have to.

Andy

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 11:42:09 pm »
the only thing i offer is a free clean for every custy they get you, works ok

if you think about if if every custy gets you 1 custy every 6 months then you can double your round, might cost you a bit of money in free cleans, but think long term, 

if they have been with you for a long time and want to get loyalty out of them offer a half price gutter clean,  or a free gutter clean every 12 months, they are with you, as after the first clean they are easy to look after

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 11:43:24 pm »
No i would not does this for loyalty i knock some money off for one the other services i do ie gutter and fascia clean ,carpet clean,driveway clean..............at least they think i do lol

supernova77

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 11:45:35 pm »
at least they think i do lol

Thats the point - Never work for free :)

Andy

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 11:49:15 pm »
a custy will remain loyal as long as you turn up and do a good job, 

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 11:53:03 pm »
Thats right darren do a good job and turn up when you should and the customer will always be happy.
im running a business and can not aford to be be doing work for free

mci services

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 11:54:09 pm »
a custy will remain loyal as long as you turn up and do a good job, 

exactly ;) ;)

gewindows

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 11:55:25 pm »
Visit them at the frequency you discussed when you first took them on. Clean their windows, frames and sills. All of them. Be polite. Dress appropriately. Price fairly. Close the gate on the way out. Say 'Thankyou, I'll see you next time'. Dont compromise on price or quality of your work.

Do those things and you wont have any issues.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 01:10:41 am »
iv sed it time an again if we only got each nxt door
to where we clean we would double our income
simples  ;D ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Londoner

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 09:41:11 am »
It would be a nightmare to administer. You would have disputes with the customers about whether they should be free or not this time. And the idea of working for free just devalues your service.

Go to the cash and carry at christmas, buy a load of bottles of Jacob's Creek Chadonnay for about £3.60 a throw and give all your good customers a bottle and a card.

Much easier and cheaper, probably tax deductable too.

Ben Peters

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 11:13:15 am »

Ok when i say free that was just an example it could half price/20% off another service etc etc....

Sometimes price is all what matters to some custies and will without question use another wc if they will do it half price, it has happened me many times only for the custies a few weks later to ask for my services again as the other lad never came back again!  And yes I will clean them no questions asked, some of you will say you would refuse to reclean etc, but im running a business here and a paying customer is a paying customer....

Everyone including you and me likes to think that we are getting a good deal no matter what your paying for, whats the difference with wc, if you had a wc im sure you like to get an extra bit of value sometimes even if it is only small...

Jack Wallace

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 11:32:52 am »
Ideas like this sound ok on the small scale, i.e. mrs jones job is 10 quid and every 6 months she gets it free or reduced. yeh sounds ok dont it.  but x that up by your entire round  :o

So every 6 months you would do a whole months work for nothing?  Thanks but I will risk losing the odd customer here and there.

Ben Peters

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 12:46:03 pm »
Ideas like this sound ok on the small scale, i.e. mrs jones job is 10 quid and every 6 months she gets it free or reduced. yeh sounds ok dont it.  but x that up by your entire round  :o

So every 6 months you would do a whole months work for nothing?  Thanks but I will risk losing the odd customer here and there.

"Ok when i say free that was just an example it could half price/20% off another service etc etc...."

Am really looking for some out of the box thinking here with this as im serioulsy thinking of implementing something, so positive feedback/ideas/experiences please.

Thanks.

windiewasher

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 12:52:59 pm »
Ben just use your nod mate and say to your customers that if you can get me 3 family or friend customers for me and i will give you one free clean!
 I have and is going well,they love it!
 I also have it on my windows been cleaned today slips saying the same offer!

"Ok when i say free that was just an example it could half price/20% off another service etc etc...."

Am really looking for some out of the box thinking here with this as im serioulsy thinking of implementing something, so positive feedback/ideas/experiences please.

Thanks.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Ben Peters

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 01:22:44 pm »
Ben just use your nod mate and say to your customers that if you can get me 3 family or friend customers for me and i will give you one free clean!
 I have and is going well,they love it!
 I also have it on my windows been cleaned today slips saying the same offer!

Thanks.

Nice one, like that idea!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 01:26:37 pm »
I suppose you could inflate your prices to cover it. E.g. a £10 job becomes a £12 job and they get the sixth one free ...

But I don't no how relevant the idea would be.
It's a game of three halves!

andyjm1

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 01:52:43 pm »
Loyalty schemes are a good idea because people like them but it's worth bearing in mind a typical supermarket loyalty scheme gives just 1% back to the customer.
A free clean every six months, or even once a year, would be giving away far too much.

the bfg

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 02:25:56 pm »

Just an idea that came into my head while reading a few posts was introducing a loyalty scheme to retain customers and protect your business from fly by night window cleaners.

For example offer a free/halfprice wc clean after say 5/10 cleans??? something like that?

Has anyone tried or is doing something similair?

It works for tesco and the like so theres some value in it i guess!

Just putting it out there see what the feedbacks like....

it doesn't work for tesco's mate as I shop at Waitrose  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D