This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kate1

Re: Offering a loyalty scheme to retain customer?
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 02:32:28 pm »
Hi Op

I did suggest a couple of these ideas a couple of weeks ago.  Now im not meaning on a MASS scale.

I agree with "if you do a good job" etc.  But that might be ok if you are an established round.  

But the subject of marketing has been raised on here recently.

I suppose its like you say we do have to think outside the box, because there are new marketing methods that come into play, as in with most businesses.  Because the consumer DOES change their mind on the buying decisions that they make.

Also somebody made another point, with the current climate for employment, window cleaning seems to have been suggested as a possible start up for people, so along with that comes competition, so thats where I think sometimes other ideas may have to be implemented or applied.  I just think it pays to be one step ahead, as you never know what might be round the corner or what your competitors have planned.

Think the recommend a friend/family could be good, with some kind of incentive, you may lose a small amount but gain more in the long run.

Theres no harm in sitting down and going through the different options, if the figures add up.

Just my humble opinion

bobby p

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2010, 02:34:00 pm »
i usually offer a free clean of the inside of the  kitchen window ,not so much as a loyalty scheme ,more to later get doing the whole insides on a regularish basis . this is then leading into blind cleaning which im not so sure i want to do

kate1

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2010, 02:35:32 pm »
Think thats a brilliant idea Bobby, plant the seed, and its cost you 1 cleaning of an inside of a window.

croxley steve

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2010, 02:50:57 pm »
i dont offer a loyalty scheme , but i do  give a bottle of wine for any reccomandations plus i always try and have a chat with customers as i hope it makes them less liable to drop me if we get on well  ;)

the bfg

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2010, 02:54:58 pm »
Ive offered a recommend a friend and get a free clean for a while now and its worked out well

kate1

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 03:17:51 pm »
I was saying on here before, I see you guys as a "community" business.  Not some conglomorate in the community, so I suppose along with that comes community based offers, marketing personal service, relationship building, however you want to interpret.

So a bit of the personal touch never goes a miss I dont think.  Commercial completely different kettle of fish I would imagine.

Good point Croxley Steve, building relationships

kate1

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 04:35:21 pm »
Ewan, can you not respect that people might like to try other things? Rather than just chucking leaflets through a door? or door knocking.  Dont you think if your in business has any opportunity of gaining a customer is great, however you do it.

You dont know unless you try.

Industry really really does move on, especially in the current climate.

You cant knock something until you try it yourself, thats blind opinion.

The phrase "thinking out of the box", its far from a cliche.  It's "hey come on lets do something different" and with hindsight if you set something up that IS different it could work for any business model.

You only have to look at the guys above, one doing wine, one doing free inside clean, surely theres something in that merit to move on.

These guys are just trying a different approach, moving on, new things, different angles, I think resting on ones laurels and oh "I provide a good service" wont cut it.  Unless you are a very established person in your area

Ive said before its not just "window cleaning" its a community based business.

Bobby is empolying a very clever tactic, "Im giving you a taster" think that is an incredible way of doing things, hindsight

kate1

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2010, 05:02:54 pm »
woops only been in marketing for 20 years

Ewan, its not a business cliche, its reality

Your only labelling it without knowing its meaning.

Come up with 10/5 ideas not involving leafleting or door knocking

My challenge to you   ha ha

I hate hate business cliches, but this really is one "out of the box " no leaflets, no door knocking, no cold calls, no nothing.

Best thing is not to put a label on it

Lets come up with a list 10 things that you would do, without leaflets, without door knocking - its going to make you think, thats where the dreaded phrase comes into play,thinking out of side the tools that you have!

kate1

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2010, 05:14:51 pm »
Ok Ewan you win

Quite shocked really at your assumptions that I dont run a business

Been self employed for 12 years, Ive been running my own telesales business for 12 years. So not really sure what you mean.

But hey ho, were all different

Ewan you can only explain what you mean, then I can/we can try and sort it out.

But you cannot knock other peope for trying different things, its their choice

kate1

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2010, 05:50:10 pm »
Thats cool mate

No no nothing to do with winning at all

But I just think that we all have to respect other peoples views thats all, what works for one dosent work for another. 

No worries at all Ewan  xx

windiewasher

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2010, 06:58:59 pm »
you sound very bitter and imho i doubt you have a very good business at all,i think that you come on here to try and put people down but deep down your probably jealous that you don't have the ideas or customers that alot of the posters have here!
 Theres some big fish on here who are very friendly and helpfull!
It’s not about winning on here Kate.

I’m sure you have plenty of marketing skills, I will agree with some and not others.

Don’t feel bad, I give advice to people on here who charge to little, tell them to have a minimum price and try and charge as much as you can, and that’s gets thrown back in your face. They will go further still and argue the cause for charging to little.

Like I said this site can be hilarious at times.

Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

the bfg

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2010, 07:17:01 pm »
have to agree with you there mate.

although he calls it ADVICE  but personally he's a very jealous sad bloke,    he was even trying to have a go a hot wfp users  sorry give advice to hot wfp users that they were just wasting their time as cold was just as good or even better.

he tries to make out he is some sort of big business advisor but just like the rest of us he's a common w/c  nothing more nothing less

but god still loves him

kate1

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2010, 07:32:34 pm »
If anyone has any pilot ideas please post

Right

I need to elaborate on this

Do You honestly think , that between you guys on this forum we can build a consortuim?

Im only asking due to national jobs?

I can put up a poll?

Kick my arse if you think ideas are poope

Kate thats a pile of poope

But....

Im thinking corporate

I dont know its just thoughts guys

\must be really difficult

Steve CM

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2010, 07:42:45 pm »
anyone ever hear of the story of 2 lemons?

I sat in a seminar hosted by René Carayol it was an eye opener and really motivational. i would recommend it

kate1

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2010, 07:52:14 pm »
Yep Steve Im one of those lemons ha ha

Steve CM

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2010, 07:54:07 pm »
was you part of the recipe for the lobster?

no i do know what your on about really and i think your far from a lemon :)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2010, 07:56:14 pm »
Woops try running a business, you really don’t have a clue as to what I mean Kate.

and this is from aman who wont say where he work what he work if he works.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
ewan a w/c not a chance in hell.

a lemon yes. :P

mikecam

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2010, 08:00:15 pm »

Am really looking for some out of the box thinking here with this as im serioulsy thinking of implementing something, so positive feedback/ideas/experiences please.

Ben, why are you looking to implement something, is there a problem somewhere?

kate1

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2010, 09:24:14 pm »
Ewan,

This thread is not about money

Its about ideas

Its about different suggestions that other people have.

mci services

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2010, 09:24:35 pm »
I am with ewan on this I don't see the need to offer loyalty offers, I have a constant referrals from existing customers without the free offers. There are plenty ways to increase turnover without doing things for free