This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve_c

up Keeper Guttervac
« on: September 03, 2010, 07:41:02 pm »
Had a demo yesterday of the Upkeeper R2D2 revised version.  The one that was demonstrated to me yesterday was much improved over the first R2D2's that were imported from Upkeeper.  The actual machine was very light and manageable and the set up time was a lot quicker than I have experienced with a colleague on a guttervac job using the Omnivac.  Although the Omnivac is a very very good machine it has it's pro and cons, as does the R2D2.  One the original one most operators reported that it was just not powerful enough, this has been improved by adding a cyclone ducting system to the actual body of the machine.  The tubes that are plastic are very hard wearing and quite light in weight.  What I liked about it was you could see debris going down the tube.  The tubes are much bigger than the aluminium omnipoles.  Putting the tubes together is a doddle, overall I was very impressed with the machine, although it is actually more than I really want to pay I think that eventually it will pay for itself.

clarkson

Re: up Keeper Guttervac
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 09:51:49 am »

Hi steve
  Iam very interested in this thread as iam looking into systems, i like the brute power of the gutter keeper but the sheer expense of it seems a lot for a honda engine on a trolly with some tubing.

omnivac the tubing looks to thin to me to cope with debris, and then you need to hookup to power or by a gennie makes it cumbersome i would have thought.

i will watch with interest if anyone knows the crack on this.

cheers

john

p.s . what was the offer on upkeeper i remember 4 grand last time i looked into it?

cheers

john

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 09:57:13 am »

Hi steve
  Iam very interested in this thread as iam looking into systems, i like the brute power of the gutter keeper but the sheer expense of it seems a lot for a honda engine on a trolly with some tubing.

omnivac the tubing looks to thin to me to cope with debris, and then you need to hookup to power or by a gennie makes it cumbersome i would have thought.

i will watch with interest if anyone knows the crack on this.

cheers

john

p.s . what was the offer on upkeeper i remember 4 grand last time i looked into it?

cheers

john
Have to say there is nothing wrong with the omnipole tubing I have there full setup
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

the bfg

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 02:51:55 pm »
sane here,     I have the Omni-vac set up and it certainly does the job for me

Steve_c

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 06:30:04 pm »
If your doing Commercial you need The titan, £3200 ish.... Domestic The electric(improved version) R2D2 At around £1900, Yes that's is right the tubes are much larger than the omnipole.Its all down to your preferences and above all, how much your prepared to pay. Get a demo from both and make up your own mind. They both have pros and cons. For me the set up on the upkeeper is much quicker than the omnipole, the power of the omnipole is greater than the R2D2 but not the titan.  The different attachments you get with both upkeepers is fantastic, real solid and should cover most types of guttering. If you choose the omnipole you can do both domestic and commercial, as the R2D2 and the titan are  two very different machines with two very different prices.

clarkson

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 10:33:27 pm »

Hi got a quote from omnipole 1150+vat for entr level with 30 feet of tubing, if the guys on here are getting on ok, i would say thats a better buy than the 2d2

cheers

john

Lee Pryor

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 11:26:59 pm »
got a link to the smaller upkeeper? cant find it.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.