Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleanability

Stains that never come off
« on: August 27, 2010, 09:45:36 pm »
Ive tried getting them off but hey just wont shift. I'm sure you boffins will have the answer on here. They are....a shadow......appears on stairs more than anywhere else, in the shape of a spindle. And another one is the pattern in a carpet.......always seen when your up close to it  lol

Chris

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

Re: Stains that never come off
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 09:52:23 pm »
Yeah been there Chris - you feel a right prat when the penny finally drops !  :-[

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 10:46:43 pm »
Or a coloured mark caused by light being refracted through a coloured piece of glass. Or a reflection off a mirror............(sob)

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

paul wallace

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 11:19:46 pm »
Never happened to me BUT a mate of mine spent a long time trying to get rid of a light shade shadow  :P
Just trying to do a Good-Honest job and make money!

rich hand

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 08:03:14 pm »
Just when you think they are a shadow, try undiluted citra boost on them, that will shift them  :o

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 09:14:40 pm »
Please rember a stain will never come out, otherwise it would be a mark, which should come out, unless it is a stain.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 09:30:18 pm »
Yeah happend to me today!  >:( I was like, where did that traffic lane come from! ??? lol

Veron, the search engines dont see these fourm posts  ;)

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 10:01:37 pm »
What would you know about search engines, with dofollow, or nofollow??

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 10:06:50 pm »
Tony I'm no computer guru but I have found my old posts on internet searches from this forum.

Shaun

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 10:14:47 pm »
What would you know about search engines, with dofollow, or nofollow??

Alot more than you think!  ;D

But my comment wasn't to do with nofollow backlinks (which only serve in not passing on PR which anit a big deal as a link is a link) but its to do with not been able to see forum posts when your not signed in! If a forum is private in that way then SE cant see the links.

Shaun as put me right tho, you can see posts when not signed in (just check me self). Strange tho, i was sure that posts wheren't visable before when i checked.

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 10:31:13 pm »
Dofollow and no do follow, do not pass on PR, and a link is not just a link
some have more weight than others, do follow have more weigh than nodo follow. We are not in a private forum, so we could be picked up by most seach engines

Adam P

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 09:25:34 pm »
i think once threads are archived then they are visible by search engines but until then they're private. at least for me i can't see this forum without signing in, but i have searched din past and come across a thread from here which shocked me.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=%22Website+SEO+-+What+keywords+and+phrases+to+use%22+cleanitup&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

this should show a recent thread, but google has no clue of it, so unless google has an extremely slow crawl rate then this thread is currently private

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 10:15:59 pm »
Of course google & yahoo  can see these posts, you are just not looking in the right places to see them.

Dave Roberts

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 10:46:30 pm »

Aye, done a guest house last week and tried to remove a dark stain which turned out to be the shadow from my pump-up sprayer......... how bads that!

Mary Watson

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 02:38:03 pm »
Dofollow and no do follow, do not pass on PR, and a link is not just a link
some have more weight than others, do follow have more weigh than nodo follow. We are not in a private forum, so we could be picked up by most seach engines
This is really great. I didn't know that there are private forums.
Mary
KInd Regards,
;) End of tenancy cleaning

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 08:41:38 pm »
Yes some forums have some paid subscription, and these sometimes have private forum within the main forum, and they say that they do not show up in the search engines, I will check this information