Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Moat

Advice needed please
« on: August 17, 2010, 03:44:30 pm »
Hi guys

I've a sofa to clean on Thursday that has cat urine, blood and vomit stains, sounds lovely doesn't it.

How would you guys go about tackling it?

Simon.

Joe H

Re: Advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 04:09:01 pm »
Do you really want to do it??

richy27

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 04:14:48 pm »
first question have you seen it, second what fabric is it, if you haven seen it i would before you go.

ps   dont believe what a custy says maybe human pee blood and vomit so take precautions personally i would bother with it.

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 04:31:45 pm »
Richard - I am having a good laugh here.

You say "if you haven seen it i would before you go".      How do you do that????

then

"personally i would bother with it".     Keen to do it are you?????

john aitken

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 04:42:23 pm »
Hi guys

I've a sofa to clean on Thursday that has cat urine, blood and vomit stains, sounds lovely doesn't it.

How would you guys go about tackling it?

sounds like a girl i used to know

Simon.

richy27

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 04:48:41 pm »
Richard - I am having a good laugh here.

You say "if you haven seen it i would before you go".      How do you do that????

then

"personally i would bother with it".     Keen to do it are you?????

sorry joe been a long day i meant if you not already had a look i would before you go wasting time

Simon Moat

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 04:56:02 pm »
Gentlemen,

I've not seen the sofa, been told it's a ''heavy cotton weave type fabric'', although it's a job that's not top of my wish list I'm happy to take it on, I did quote a good price/fair for the work.

The location is very, very high end, so eager to do a cracking job.

Simon.

richy27

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 06:12:18 pm »
just dont over promise.  i think the best upholstery pre spray is hydramaster heavy duty  ( stinks mind )

Colin Day

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 07:16:33 pm »
I've just cleaned my second sofa job with "Fushion8".... One of the sofa's was the "Dog's" sofa's and it came up brilliant.... Any other stubborn stains were succesfully removed with my promo spotter...

I surprised myself at the results mate ;)

richy27

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 07:20:15 pm »
I've just cleaned my second sofa job with "Fushion8".... One of the sofa's was the "Dog's" sofa's and it came up brilliant.... Any other stubborn stains were succesfully removed with my promo spotter...

I surprised myself at the results mate ;)

have gt some fusion from nick to try but haven given it a real go as yet.

Helen

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 12:19:44 pm »
Gentlemen,

I've not seen the sofa, been told it's a ''heavy cotton weave type fabric'', although it's a job that's not top of my wish list I'm happy to take it on, I did quote a good price/fair for the work.

The location is very, very high end, so eager to do a cracking job.

Simon.

For any future ones that come in like this. Your answer to the potential custie should be words to the effect of.

" Due to the information you have just given, it would be more beneficial to you if I came round and had a look and gave you an exact price for the clean"
This then gives you the opportunity to see what type of cleaning would be needed, expectation of result, etc etc.

If the custie says no I just want a price over the phone, then personally I would just say, "I am not able to provide a price, without seeing the sofa, as should no other reputable Uph Cleaner. My quotes are free etc etc."

I see where you are coming from about high end area, but if it is all those nasties on the sofa, what if they won't come off? Not everything does, especially if the custie has had a go themselves and a big concern with cat smell (urine or scenting) it does penetrate into almost everything and if really bad the only way to get rid is replace.
Good luck whichever way you handle it, but if it is that bad and you don't think that you will get good results, then walk away.  :)

Sam Davies

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 05:08:48 pm »
Hi Simon. Arrange to view it, explain that blood vomit an urine stains and odours are extremely difficult to completely remove but you will use the best solutions available to try to remove the stains that could be permanent. Tell her that it will be clean fresh and completely sanitized upon your cleaning. If you want to be completely safe against any claim you could ask her to sign an exclaimer
Sam the man.

Simon Moat

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 09:35:15 pm »
Thanks for all replies Ladies and Gents.

In summary:

Vomit, clients Son.

Urine, clients Son.

Blood, clients cat.

Thankfully all cleaned really well, only blood was a little stuborn but all good in the end.

Thanks again.

Simon.

Dean Wilson

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 09:56:01 pm »

Done a similar stinker recently...... Got cracking results from pre-spraying it with M-Power at 1:60, then HWE with Fusion8 at 1:40.  (Both from 'Solutions').

I must add that suites in this condition will need a heck of a lot of manual scrubbing/agitating of the pre-spray before you Extract.

Chemspec Heavy Duty Soil Lifter is also good as a prespray for minging suites and it pH neutral so powerful but low risk.