This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

revinder

Commercial work-how
« on: August 07, 2010, 10:00:39 pm »
Hi am newbie and just was hoping to get some tips on getting commercial work and even more domestic.
Thanks

glen parva

Re: Commercial work-how
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 10:21:49 pm »
commercial work
it's not what you know it's who you know  ;)

domestics plenty of leaflets and door knocking

where are you ?

revinder

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 12:42:30 am »
I'm in Leicester mate

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 05:59:44 am »
Dont expect to get a answer to that question as people will only give advice on small business.Not real money making.

the bfg

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 07:26:54 am »
firstly for commercial you will need to have at least £5Million in Public Liability insurance,  I know some on here will say you wont and you can get away with 1 million but most commercial work will require 5 million.

if your trad then there is little chance as because of health and safety you will need to be WFP,  I'm not saying you cant get commercial being trad its just that your chances are limited.

f your phoning or calling on commercial buildings ask to speak to the facilities manager/manageress and tell him/her a little about yourself and what services you can offer him/her.

you will need to be flexable as a lot of commercial work is only doable out of hours or at weekends so let them know your prepared to be very flexable to suit the needs of their business.

best advice I can give is get your confidence built up doing domestic which is the bread and butter to all w/cs  before you go looking for commercial work,   you would be surprised how many w/cs pick up commercial via domestic.

good luck and happy window cleaning

Pristine Clean

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 07:48:27 am »
Very good answer by bfg.

Funny you say about WFP for health and safety.

We work in sone town centres and the council have banned WFP. Due to the water spillages making surfaces slippery. And in the cold iice you have to cone off areas until the water as completely gone.

We do alot of commercial work and its traditional. The only time we use WFP is for high building.

You could go in a personally drop off your details.

One last thing is Price Wars.

Now commercial work is won on Price alot of the time. And you still have to deliver a top grade clean.
We quoted for some shop fronts. We got to see the other prices. Other windies quoted £25 1 visit per week
£10 quid for the fascia boards

Now we could quote as high as that and be in with a chance but we quoted £25 all in. We still earn, and win the work. We get asked by other windies how do we earn out of it. Simple its Volume.

I wish you all the best

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

revinder

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 08:18:46 am »
Thanks guys

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 10:10:20 am »
The bit about who you know rings true with me at the moment ... sons mate runs a gym with big windows via son I get asked to quote so went to look yesterday pricing on hourly rate not amount of windows should take me about 3/4 day so quoted my full day rate £225 ( £200 plus a bit to knock off if I have to). .... had one quote last month of £875  :o  :o  :o  !!!!!! they not even bother to ring the guy back - found out about the high quote after I put mine in   >:( ..... taking the mick at £875 I rekon .... may even be done at lunch time ... crossing fingers for my first commercial quote to come off  ;D

M Henderson

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 10:16:17 am »
When you go into the building to ask, you are not interested in selling your services to the receptionist you are interested in finding out from her the name of the decision maker and then (perhaps another day) you are interested in making an appointment with them.

glen parva

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 02:53:18 pm »
I'm in Leicester mate
what areas are you covering !! im all over leicester

revinder

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 05:14:33 pm »
Me too am traveling around all of Leicester