This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

martinsadie

Re: How many wfp
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 10:22:02 pm »
most of the ladder boys are beer money brigade though  ;)
Just had a look in the yellow pages, far more seem to be wfp.
The only shiners daft enough to pay yellow pages prices are the ones daft enough to blow loads on wfp!
PMSL at that comment coming from a cleaner with a full time job elsewhere

martinsadie

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2010, 10:23:15 pm »
thats because wfp boys are short of work and trad lads are full and dont need to advertise  ;)
Hey Stan, when the teams of WFP cavassers come round is it like seeing your pension dissapear before your eyes?!!!
nobody canvasses work around this area,its all patched up  ;)

birdymiller

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2010, 10:28:02 pm »
loads more trad and im getting more work from custys that dont like the pole, its inconsistent finish and general crud jobs.
They get a perfect finish with trad everytime and i dont waste reservoirs of water. All my custsy love trad and they think its more professional too!!!!

martinsadie

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2010, 10:29:26 pm »
loads more trad and im getting more work from custys that dont like the pole, its inconsistent finish and general crud jobs.
They get a perfect finish with trad everytime and i dont waste reservoirs of water. All my custsy love trad and they think its more professional too!!!!
same here  ;D

birdymiller

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2010, 10:32:42 pm »
The only shiners daft enough to pay yellow pages prices are the ones daft enough to blow loads on wfp!

Yellow pages is also free  ::)

Yea it is free for a one line listing, how many state that they are wfp in this one line? My brother in law pays £4000 for his building company!

martinsadie

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2010, 10:33:45 pm »

Yellow pages is also free  ::)
needs to be,ive had 4 calls in 2 years

cleewindows

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2010, 10:34:36 pm »
i will be a full time windy at 300 customers!
most of the ladder boys are beer money brigade though  ;)
PMSL at that comment coming from a cleaner with a full time job elsewhere

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 10:35:48 pm »
i wouldnt say looking in the yellow pages is a fair or very accurate reflection of window cleaners across the whole of the  country.smallish domestic i would say theres a lot more trad.

im actively seeking larger residential/small -medium commercial as ive got loads of "bread and butter" domestics!now ive got wfp i want to use it to its full potential on larger better paying jobs!!

any of you that are still trad must think sometimes"i wonder what its like?"

i would generally say that due to tradders being either tight fisted/skint/illegal/set in their ways and seeing us wfpolers as a threat they will go all out to slag wfp off as much as possible!
price higher/work harder!

birdymiller

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2010, 10:40:40 pm »

Far more seem to be trad, do you have any figures?

9 trad window cleaners in my local area 1 wfp

mikecam

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2010, 10:51:02 pm »

Why would you advertise in a 'patched up area'? Or maybe you are targetting customers outside your area, maybe in someone elses patch?

mikecam

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2010, 11:02:57 pm »

Which ever way you look at it trad is declining, I just wondered how much it has declined so far.

I think you're right, it is decling , to what extent is very hard to say. I read a lot on here that customers do not like WFP and thats fair enough. However its not my personal experience, mine is exactly the opposite. I find customers like the idea of all the plastics and frames washed down too, to the extent that i do several properties both residential and commercial where they have kept their trad cleaner, usually because they've had him for years and feel sorry for him and they also employ us to clean too because thats what they prefer.
 How do the trad only guys wash down the complete fronts of connys and porches with out 'wasting loads of water', where do they get the water and how long does it take? Does the savings made on frosted bog widows make up the shortfall? One can only wonder  ;D One things for sure, the advent of WFP has raised the bar on what customers expect or want from a 'window cleaner'.

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2010, 11:04:37 pm »
ive picked up a few jobs  off 2 trad cleaners recently and i have to say the window frames were terrible!(just like a lot of mine before i went over to the dark side!!)and i cleaned frames/sills/doors and charged a few quid extra than the trad guys.they were OVER THE MOON!!NO JOKE!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

im now getting a reputation as a good wfp guy in as little as 2 months!full complete clean,doors washed down(if good pvcu!),awkward windows cleaned and skylights!
price higher/work harder!

bobby p

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2010, 11:12:01 pm »
in the 2 years iv been at it,ive seen about 4 w/f/p vans driving ,only ever seen 2 of them actually cleaning. iv seen dozens upon dozens  of the trads in the same time . my conclusion is the w/f/polers go for a totally different market  from where i work 

mikecam

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2010, 11:17:59 pm »
full complete clean,doors washed down(if good pvcu!),awkward windows cleaned and skylights!

And thats what people expect now Daz,anyone who doesn't prepare themselves for this may as well stick with a rag and a chamois!!!!!!!

martinsadie

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2010, 11:29:52 pm »

Why would you advertise in a 'patched up area'? Or maybe you are targetting customers outside your area, maybe in someone elses patch?
did it to see what happens,have passed a couple of the calls on to other cleaners,even in a patched up area you come across the odd street tucked away that has no cleaner,onwards and upwards  ;)

G Griffin

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2010, 11:39:00 pm »
 Still waiting for Les Dennis to come back to me with the final figures. He`d be a lot quicker if he stopped doing his crap impression of Mavis Riley and fretting about Neil Morrissey doing his bird  >:(
   I`ll get back soon....
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2010, 11:45:56 pm »
i wouldnt say looking in the yellow pages is a fair or very accurate reflection of window cleaners across the whole of the  country.smallish domestic i would say theres a lot more trad.

im actively seeking larger residential/small -medium commercial as ive got loads of "bread and butter" domestics!now ive got wfp i want to use it to its full potential on larger better paying jobs!!

i would generally say that due to tradders being either tight fisted/skint/illegal/set in their ways and seeing us wfpolers as a threat they will go all out to slag wfp off as much as possible!

Just as wfp'ers do to trad! :-\

G Griffin

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2010, 12:03:49 am »

Classic  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Londoner

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2010, 09:09:57 am »
Still many more trad than WFP but the numbers are growing. I was the first round here but now I have lost my unique status.

Part of the problem where I live and work is that we get window cleaners coming in from miles away because they see the North West London suburbs and think its got to be good money. So its hard to keep track of who's who. At least five regular WFP vans working in my immediate vicinity, plus me.

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2010, 09:13:25 am »
i think wfp has turned a lot of window cleaners in to business rather than jobs